It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets discuss syria implications (no warmongering)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm gonna get a million bazillion stars for this. Lol the thread is the political discussion on the possibility of ww3. I was hoping those with knowledge in foreign policy. I mean I'm watching TVs and all but I was hoping for someone with a little bit more insight. No doom fearmongering. Is thisit

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are several threads already discusing this and with many opinions. You are to lazy to read and wirte

edit on 27-8-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You might want to work on your introduction Opening Post to garner those F@S. Seriously, if there are members in the know, better than the average person they are already waist high in other threads on the Syrian conflict.

Pretty scary stuff and I too 'tried' to take a gander at msmedia which was a joke at best, slight of mind at least for the mentally inept. Good to see you asking the question but try and U2U some of the more knowledgeable members if you dont want to jump in the ongoing discussions where you could get drowned out by heated discussions and debate.

Stay safe and well.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

It's not ww3...

Not yet.

If current events lead to wide spread oil production/shipment disruption the west will need to wage war to regain supply chains.

I feel that Russia will do all it can to stop Assad being disposed of, up until going directly against the US.

Saudia Arabia and Turkey love what is currently taking place and they will sit by and continue supporting the west semi covertly.

If a nuke goes off or if Syria or Iran shoot off massive volleys of Rockets at Israel then WW3 could begin at that point.. If the US surgical strikes and leaves civilian infrastructure intact this will end in Syria being taking over by terrorists, followed by a Marine invasion by the US to gain control of Chemical weapons. These troops should then leave, but the longer they may stick around the more likely other players will escalate the fight..

I would say these current events have the most likely ending in WW3 for anything in my life time (around 30 years).. I don't think it will happen at this point though.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

S&F because I have a soft spot for naivete and hopefulness....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No stars...no flags....but I appreciate the question.

Syria is huge implications from what I can gather.

Russia backs them because that is their port to the Mediterranean. Iran will back them because they are a Muslim country and they also have interest in surrounding Israel. The United States wants a destabilized Middle East to either move the focus of world energy towards them in the form of oil/natural gas -- or control the oil in the Middle East. My thoughts are not on the later, as we have been half-assing it if that is the case.

China wants to be a player in the ME....but not through war. Russia wants to show it can influence sovereign nations still. Israel -- wants an excuse to go for Iran and vice versa.

The implications are big. This isn't to even account for the groups that are vying for power such as the Muslim Brotherhood. A legitimate country and control for them is akin to when Hamas rose to power in the Palestinian Liberation Organization.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
more like.... confessions of an economic hit man.....and getting the dictators out to bring about the nwo

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well my main concern for is in Russia. Again and again we ignore their warnings and finger wagging at the
West. I'm wondering how much more Russia will take the shut up and know your place attitude the west have been giving them. China I cannot even fathom China stance. They don't really say much do they

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Russia will not do a thing as long as the US goes by UN rule, France, Briton, Turkey, and 20 Arab nations are for a US strike on Syria , could be on Thursday a clear cut link too what all involved have to say www.cbsnews.com... no copying allowed so you have to go to link to read it. Could this be the road to WW3???

Might be if Russia and China decide it is time to act. But hat is a big if I do not think Obama would go in, er make a strike on Syria with out UN go ahead, he is not Bush, the lack of action thus far proves this, I do to think the US will use ground forces, in a full out engagement but might use a US limited force to secure any Chem weapons facility.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You seem to be fearmongering with the very nature of this thread, but ask others not to do so?

"World Wars" as we have seen in the past will not be repeated. With the advent of smart bombs, intercontinental missiles, and satellite imagery, and nuclear weapons, warfare has completely changed. we will see skirmishes like we have seen since Korea, but nothing more. To me, that's actually worse because these skirmishes will go on forever

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Here is a good breakdown of some likely consequences that could come from Russia, China, and a bit on Iran. Outside of anything done by force (which will probably be limited or non existent by at least Russia and China) it comes down to economics and further support where the UN still matters (no longer supporting sanctions on Iran even a little bit, etc). Basically - we destroy Syria we make enemies, and they will make things far more difficult for a long time to come. Since they're doing it I hope they know what they're getting into. If little destruction - only take of chemical weapons maybe not so bad. If ME blows up because of it - we may pay the price in every area they can affect us in for years to come.

www.foreignpolicy.com...,1

new topics

top topics

join