It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia could declare war on NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am hearing tonight from places I am not able at this time to reveal that Russia, China, Iran plus many other states may sign a Declaration of War on NATO if the UK or anyone attacks Assad & Syria, the reason is that America said today if they do not attack they will be seen as weak in the future, now Russia see it that if they fail to protect friends they too will be seen in the future as being weak, so there you have it, WW3 how can it be avoided if both sides feel they have failed if they do nothing? I am not able to see one side or other backing down folks, sorry but I can't, no side wants to be seen as weak, if they were then no country would support them ever again.
Russia as I see it are right to attack NATO, as NATO are and have always been the wrong ones the last 12 years.
NATO fail to go along with the UN, so if Russia decides to attack they will get support from most people in the UK because we all hate Cameron and everything his people stand for.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I am hearing tonight from places I am not able at this time to reveal ...

Right. This is not a good way to encourage belief in your post. How about a credible source and we may take you seriously.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

I am hearing tonight from places I am not able at this time to reveal ...

Right. This is not a good way to encourage belief in your post. How about a credible source and we may take you seriously.

This. Every time somebody on this site pretends to be "in the know" with knowledge that the rest of us aren't privy to... I switch off.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i see last post before as saying you again?ww3 aint going to happen over this,i don,t see ww3 happening anytime soon,in this day and age everyone seems to be restrained and i doubt it would ever happen in our life time,its going to take some extreme circumstances for a new world war to happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Whether any war it should stop now like Charlie Chaplin says in this motivational speech we should all stick together and fight off evil dictators who control us and tell us what to believe.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I hope they do...

If we get rid of NATO, we could actually do something.

You can't reveal your source on the internet on an anonymous website?

Better look outside...I think they are coming.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You should know better than this. Cite sources if you want to be taken seriously, otherwise you're about as credible as a half-conscious drunk hobo mumbling in the alleyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Russia is one of the major members of NATO, so wouldn't it in effect be declaring war on itself?

So lets say Russia removes itself from NATO and declares war .. it would be Russia vs. 28 remaining countries.. I think if Russia did that it would be a symbolic gesture more than anything.. otherwise it would be a bit foolish.. I don't buy it .. especially without sources

edit on 8/26/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Russia is one of the major members of NATO, so wouldn't it in effect be declaring war on itself?

So lets say Russia removes itself from NATO and declares war .. it would be Russia vs. 28 remaining countries.. I think if Russia did that it would be a symbolic gesture more than anything.. otherwise it would be a bit foolish.. I don't buy it .. especially without sources

Um...just no. Your completely wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Um, no. No Russia is not a member nation of NATO.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ain't gonna happen. The line will be crossed and a new line will be drawn, like always.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
NATO accounts for 70% of the worlds defense spending . 50% of that is the US alone. Lets not even pretend Russia or China would go on a suicide run for Syria. It is beyond silly. 114 nations have supported the rebels right to fight Assad. That is most of the planet. You are more likely to see Russia go to war with China than it is with NATO.

And no Russia is not in NATO, the are a part of NATOs partnership for peace so they do conduct training with NATO on occasion and join NATO in minor operations like the piracy patrols off Somolia but they are not a part of defense agreement.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Thats the problem though Im sure alot of people before you have said this wont cause a major war just to be proven wrong. Look these are people with a lot of power who in this day and age dont want to show weakness. I agree that if someone is going to say somethings going to happen should cite there source but come on to say nothing will happen is narrow minded. As for someone saying Russia against countless enemies you do realize that they have allies right? On top of that they also have enough nukes that if they do get over ran they could flatten a good chunk of our allies or our own states on the way out.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Nazi's did not think invading Poland would cause a world war. I'm for leaving Syria alone.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I am hearing tonight from places I am not able at this time to reveal that Russia, China, Iran plus many other states may sign a Declaration of War on NATO if the UK or anyone attacks Assad & Syria,

No, they won't. They simply do not have the capability other than Nuclear to actually do anything.

I also doubt you've heard anything from anybody "in the know".

if they do not attack they will be seen as weak in the future, now Russia see it that if they fail to protect friends they too will be seen in the future as being weak,

They are weak - aside from the Nukes - but conventionally they would be torn to ribbons if they tried to intervene on Syria's behalf, especially if they "declare war" on the entire of NATO....

NATO fail to go along with the UN, so if Russia decides to attack they will get support from most people in the UK because we all hate Cameron and everything his people stand for.

No, they won't. Honestly, what are you smoking if you think that we would support our own country being attacked and invaded because a few people you know don't like Cameron? When the very safety of the country is at stake, politics plays no part and you are simply delusional if you think otherwise.

This comment also seriously erodes any credibility your post may have had - as I said, I doubt you are privy to anything the rest of us aren't and are simply talking out of one's arse.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I am hearing tonight from places I am not able at this time to reveal that Russia, China, Iran plus many other states may sign a Declaration of War on NATO if ...

Voices in your head, no doubt.

If NATO is forced to act against Syria to put an end to the mayhem, then there is sod-all anyone can do about it. How would Russia, China, Iran and unnamed others prosecute a war against NATO?

In the real world, if NATO acted it would have been because the UN has failed to get a grip because Russia is playing a game to prolong this destructive and brutal civil war. If NATO acts, it will be against the dictator Assad. Lots of “ifs”. Likely nothing will happen, which will annoy some war mongers who have been predicting intervention for years!

Regards

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I just this we are at a time in history when we just may make a big mistake and not be able to escape that mistake, it is going to make relations between Russia & NATO very strained from now on.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
proof.....please..>Russia will not directly engage NATO..but i believe Russia will engage Nato through Syria...So any NATO causalities will be blamed at Syria...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't believe it because Israel has already attacked Syria and no one said boo!

new topics

top topics

join