It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

somebody tell me that horses are friendly and/or affectionate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
These are things I always wondered about, in the back of my mind....

Interesting discussion so far....

A couple of other questions about horses, if you are so inclined:

1. Are horses loyal?

2. I see this a lot... Why do girls love horses, do you think?

Horses can be very loyal, yes. (or not, depending upon the individual and the relationship you have).
Sometimes they will stay focused on their human, even while someone else attempts to mount them (you see this sometimes in those rental trail horses).

Sometimes the most affectionate ones are just sorta... affectionate with everyone. I tend to have a taste for the ones that are hard to win over, but fiercely loyal once you have- they might seem cold and aloof to others, but you know they'll jump out of a window for you.

As a girl who loved horses, and a woman that still does, I'll say that my attraction was partly the idea of communicating with another being without having to use words or conscious effort- the natural and honest flow of being between beings, without the dishonesty and misunderstanding that can come into human verbalizations drew me as the ultimate relationship. That natural "understand me without me having to explain" sounded wonderful.

Also, the power that the animal represents is like the emotional power I could feel inside and was aware I had, but yet did not yet know how to harness and channel in effective ways. Riding a horse symbolized being master of my own emotions and natural prey- instincts of high reactivity.
Without that skill, I felt afraid of my self.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Its funny you say that, I had always thought horses were "sneaky". Then the last few years my husband and I would "babysit" some of our friends horses at their home when they were away. I truly came to believe they were like big dogs. It got me over my fear of them.

I did get nipped in the shoulder once which wasn't a pleasant experience, but she was an older feisty horse so I am sure one day when I am as old as she was I will be a little nippy too.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I am a horsewoman and was raised in a 'horse' family. I would not say they are like dogs at all. Especially the hotter breeds. The sensitivity mentioned before is spot on. They are noble animals and will inspire you to be a good human
They are all individuals. If you are thinking of getting a horse, approach it like an equal partnership and you'll be amazed at the depth of bonding which can occur.

<< 1   >>

join