It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petitioners urge movie studio to drop Ben Affleck as Batman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm not a comic-book guy, because unfortunately, I lost my suspension of disbelief about the time I lost my virginity.

Still, I read Frank Miller's Batman and have been watching the movies, and I have never seen any Batman that was done correctly. Batman, as far as I can tell, is a dark, damaged and tortured soul who has wrought himself into something good in order that he might spare other people from going what he went through. Keaton was too wimpy, Kilmer too empty, Clooney too arrogant, Bale too angry. In other words, all of these actors played the Batman role like they play most of their other roles.

Maybe there's value in seeing different sides of a character, and having new actors interpret the role. Batman is our Hamlet. There's a range there that could be interesting to explore. But I don't know what Ben "Chasing Amy" Affleck is going to bring to it. I just can't see it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Superman flies down and grabs the Batman by the cape..

Flings him into space..

Movie is over ..

I win....

Thanks..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ben Afleck is a good actor when the writing and directing is good. He took a lot of flack for his bad choices in his early 20's, he's grown and has more range now. I think he might not be "the best" but I think he'll do Batman the justice it deserves.

Different actor but same story. When Anne Rice found out Tom Cruise was playing Lestat she was pissed, thought he'd be horrible and wanted him out of the film. Then she saw it and recanted saying he was the best fit for the role and she was sorry.

Ben Afleck knows that people want him to fail....I think that will make him work harder than ever to prove that he not only can he do the job but that he can do it better.

I'm rooting for the underdog here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

If we think back to Superman I, the Man of Steel isn't impressed by mighty Earthquake Faults or chambers of molten stuff, either. So, He could always put a bat in the belfry of one of the world's Super-Volcanoes and leave him there to cook awhile.

For that matter, perhaps some cooling water would do the trick. Batman would look kinda funny at the pressures of the Marianas Trench, while I suppose Superman would just blow bubbles and swim in circles with a warped smirk.

Bat-Kabob anyone? Mini-Bat with explosive bends?

Oh, Superman could get really evil on him. Again, Superman 1? He could take the Bat back in time a bit to the beach at Krakatoa and wish him a nice vacation while flying off...counting softly '10, 9, 8, 7.........'

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I cannot stand him as an actor. If the studio thinks this will bomb if he's in it, they may well replace him. I won't go see it with him in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So, over 60,000 losers with no life have decided that it of vital importance that Batman must be recast? It's a movie, and it doesn't much matter who plays the part.

I wonder if those 60,000 (or the percentage who are employed) would be cool with everyone signing a petition to have them replaced at their jobs? This, in and of itself, is one of the downsides of the internet. Complete nonsense.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think its funny that people are posting what Superman would do to Batman. Batman is considered the best detective in the world. Before he would go after Superman, he would find out his weakness. And as we have seen in almost EVERY Superman movie, once Kyptonite is involved, Superman becomes Superwuss. He has no fighting skills, and only relies on his superpowers. Unlike Batman who has no powers, and has trained his body his whole life to be a kicking ass machine.

I have been surprised in the past by Ben's acting, in movies i thought he would be terrible, he was not. So i will give him the benefit of the doubt here, and see what he can do for the role.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Christian Bale was the perfect Batman. How the heck they can do Ben Affleck after Christian Bale ...
That's just not going to work. I can't see it at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They might as well put Keanu Reeves as batman while they are at it...HORSES#IT

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

"Whoa...Dude...I'm the Batman..(wild stallion air guitar solo)"
edit on 8/26/2013 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

Right!
Im....batman...I just woke up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join