It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea for a thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I've been wanting to do this for some time. I like to think of myself as a beer officianado, and I've been wondering about posting a beer review thread.

My thoughts are as follows, one is this against the T&C in any way?

Would anyone be interested in reviews for some local craft beers as well as popular brands?

I would post the treasured gems I have found in my own adventures as well as take requests, and post reviews.

The reviews would include pictures, or videos if I can do so about various beers available in my area, as well as abroad.

I have a few in mind already, but I don't know what I can do as far as T&C and interest with in the ATS community.

Which forum would I post under if this is allowed?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I don't see a T&C issue with doing that.

I would put it in the "Members" forum as it will be a member type project.

ETA: As long as there's no 'advertising' of products or stealing of copyright images etc..

~Tenth
edit on 8/21/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yah! (hic) sounds like a fine Idea! Ima an beer liker.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hey tenth, that was quick, and thank you.

Now, I would be posting pictures of both the bottles and cases to show off packaging, as well as the first impression pictures immediately after pouring in the appropriate glass, Stout, pilsner, tulip etc.

I would give an image of the case(if it comes in one), bottle, the glass after pouring to show off a head and color, description of aroma, taste as well as some history either about the beer, the brewery and the type of beer.

Does this count as advertising?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I'm happy to hear you would be interested. Is there a particular type of beer you like? I tend to like Dark beer myself, and absolutely love porter so I may come off as biased but I drink every and everything. Draft, lager, blonde, brown, honey, amber, stout, pilsner, ale, any and all. I truly can say I love beer, not that I drink a ton of beer but over the last three months I have tried nearly every different beer I can get my hands on. I already have a huge cache of pictures, and some personal thoughts but for the sake of review, I would have a single beer and document the experience for others. I would give my thoughts, opinions, as well as try to describe the flavor pallet, smell, texture, experience for others. I started out drinking lighter beers, like coors, molson, mgd, kokanee, and have lately delved into the richer heartier beers, like Black Butte porter, Okanagon springs porter, Phillips longboat chocolate porter, Traditional english ales, Irish stouts, russian stouts, German dopplebocks, belgian dopplebocks, belgian triples fermented beers, french beers, spanish beers. Irish Ales, Blondes, various german weiss biers, other european white beers.

I've been on a mission, and I can't say why besides the desire to taste one of mans greatest delicacy in every possible packaging, mixture or history. I've had some really bad ones and I've had some truly breath taking ones.

I am excited to bring this idea to ATS, or at least my take on the subject, and I'm hoping it's greeted with warm regards.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The legal drug that's more harmful than most illegal drugs.

Just take a look on any high/main street on a Saturday night to see the rivers of vomit, the fights, the vehicle accidents etc.
Take a look in the AA meetings to see the addicts.
Go to the emergency rooms to view the victims of those beaten up by people high on the legal drug.

I'm not against having a drink if thats what floats your boat, but I dont think it deserves to be glorified.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Void, this is what I'm worried about. I'm not trying to condone drinking, nor am I trying to encourage it. I have an uncle(married in) who has lost everything to alcohol. I enjoy beer, and I know others do as well. I think it could be a neat idea for those who truly enjoy beer for the flavor and experience rather than the buzz, but I am well aware of the potential to turn over a hot stone.

I do not wish to offend any other members, nor do I wish to come off as an individual encouraging drinking.

Thank you for your input, I have held off doing such because it could be viewed as a sensitive subject for some.

I only wish to contribute to a community that is both capable of handling themselves, as well as enjoying the content that I would provide.

I do everything I can to drink responsibly as well as encourage others to do so as well. This would not be a thread about which beer gets you the most drunk, nor would it be about which beer you can drink until you are blind, but rather which beers I find enjoyable, and would recommend to others who enjoy beer.

Beer comes in oh so many varieties and can be enjoyed responsibly, in the right situations.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

yea, I like dark beer also and www.whatalesyou.co.uk...

I had a lot of different beers over seas. I did like San Miguel Beer a lot. Lots of beers I liked. There was one in Africa I liked ..but, the bottle was to big to hold.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

AHA!!!

AY ! that made my day !!

Slainte !!!

I absolutely love stout, and I have found a few here in the great white north that rival some of the best in Europe, but I do hold a deep passion for Guiness.

I found one called St. Abroise stout, it's a little more bitter, sits a little heavier, an almost coffee colored head, and equally espresso undertones, a slight oily texture but it sits hearty and is a pleasant sipper for those into the bitters. Not necessarily the best beer for a 30+c humid summer day, but it does go well around a midnight campfire with the mates.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What is beer?

EDIT - burrrrp.
edit on 21-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Blue Moon Pale Ale for me.

I typically drink Mich Ultra, due to the 2.6g carbs being more compatible with my waist.

Post your link when you get the thread up.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have not had pale moon blue ale. Have you tried Rickards clear? It's a very light beer, I think the alcohol content is a reasonable 4.%, and the calories are extremely low. I tries this one because my dad is diabetic, it's clean and crisp, but does have a slight watery taste to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Okay guys, I have minimal interest here. If you are just lurking and would like to see some beer reviews from around the world, please just drop a star, if you are a regular poster, please tell me so. If anyone has any ideas of a style of beer they would like to see first please let me know.

I intend to write my first review this Friday after work, so if I don't see any particular requests or suggestions I will either go with something I know that I feel is worthy, or a new beer I have not tried at my local availability.

I am not asking for anything more than a suggestion, and tex, if I can find your brew I will review it for everyone.

What do you think, images, text, history, appearance, first pour aroma, in text or video format ?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh man.... I bought a few different beers for my first thread. I decided to give some IPA's a shot, and bought a few different ones.

How ever, the bottle I picked to open for my first review attempt.. It's not for me... I don't even know if I can do an appropriate review... It has an extreme hops flavour, and is extremely bitter.

It smelt great, very fruity, crisp, nice color and head but oh wow is it so not what I'm used to.

I think I might delay starting my thread until I find something different.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Oh man.... I bought a few different beers for my first thread. I decided to give some IPA's a shot, and bought a few different ones.

How ever, the bottle I picked to open for my first review attempt.. It's not for me... I don't even know if I can do an appropriate review... It has an extreme hops flavour, and is extremely bitter.

It smelt great, very fruity, crisp, nice color and head but oh wow is it so not what I'm used to.

IPA's are horrible! If you are going to do this you will have a lot of crap beers to go though

If you can get your hands on some shocktop thats a good one, or even kilt lifter.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Hey man, thanks for dropping by. Yeah I've never really tried IPAs but wow what a horrid choice I made. Bought three different ones haven't opened the other two. I poured a glass it had good aroma but omg way too much hops. I feel like I can still smell it on my breath and pores. Did not agree in the slightest I actually poured that whole lot out. Now there are two other death bottles of different IPA in the fridge. Ill sav them for when I need to rid myself of company. " want a beer?" Bet they will leave promptly

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

I absolutely hate IPA brews. They are all way too bitter and unbalanced for me.

Firemans Four is about the best. Doghead is atrocious.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

just to make sure you find it easier: Blue Moon Pale Ale.
In my town i can find it served in a glycol system for you, flowing at a proper 29 degrees, served in an 18oz glass.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Do you have a bevmo next to you? If not find one! It has every beer you can think of. I tired this chilli beer..OMG, I will never do that again. When you drink it, the back of your throat burns

If you want a good beer try a belgian ale, those are IMO very good beers and there are a ton!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I have had many belgians, Dopplebocks, triples, ambers, I love belgian beer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join