It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Morris Hid Data On Smoking Danger (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
According to a report published in "The Lancet," a British medical journal, Dr. Martin McKee from the UK's London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has accused Philip Morris, one of biggest tobacco company, of hiding research data on the dangers of passive tobacco smoking.

www.healthtalk.ca
The researchers say Philip Morris conducted research at a German based facility into the health risks of tobacco smoke from the 1970s onward. They allege the tobacco giant took several steps to ensure all work done at the facility could not be linked back to them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Dr. Martin McKee also accused the scientists, performing the research, of helping the senior officials of the tobacco company in covering up the data, which allegedly shows second hand smoke is more dangerous than mainstream smoking, by publishing selective parts of the study.

The spokesman of the company was quick to reply, accusing the accuser of publishing highly distorted, false and misleading data.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that some cigerrete companies have hid results, but if it was so bad that it could cause death i'm sure we would've already found out.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreat59
I wouldn't doubt that some cigerrete companies have hid results, but if it was so bad that it could cause death i'm sure we would've already found out.

of course smoking causes deaths!!!!!!!! i have no doubt in my mind that the companies would hide these type of results. what would they gain by releasing them?? absolutly nothing!! except maybe a bigger clintele of dead people?

join