It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired, Active Shooter Reported At Georgia Elementary School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

The DeKalb County schoolboard chairman says a there is an active shooter at McNair Elementary School. Chairman Melvin Johnson said there have been reports of shots fired. There are no reports of injuries.

The gunman has not been located.

News Chopper 2 footage showed children running from the school building.

Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy, a charter school, is located on 2nd Avenue in Decatur.

Channel 2 Action News crews are on the way to the scene. Check back with WSBTV.com for updates.

www.wsbtv.com...

Here we go again.

edit on 20-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Somebody must have taken the "gun free zone" sign down.

Good thing the cops are only 10 minutes away.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What a shock, another "gun free zone" targeted for a shooting.

Did Colorado shooter single out Cinemark theater because it banned guns?

www.youtube.com...

I think one thing that’s been missing in this discussion is that essentially all the multiple victim public shootings in the United States, and all the ones in Europe, have one factor in common – that is, they keep occurring where guns are banned.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

link   
Let's hope everyone is ok. I am beyond sick and tired of this sh*t. The god damn world has gone mad.

link   

As I read this I just turned on CNN...

They are saying........no students hurt...gunman is in custody...they don't know if shots were fired.

They are trying to figure out how this happened; the person in custody is being questioned right now.

No word on ...if any staff were hurt.

They are saying the children are safe.

link   

I just can't believe there is another school shooting.I wish people would leave the
kids alone and make their 'statements' elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I hope a teacher with a gun subdued him. That would be an awesome statement.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anti gun agenda is on the plate. Gun Free Zones dont work, they are just giant targets.
There cant be this many nutcases that want to kill children.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I just can't believe there is another school shooting.I wish people would leave the
kids alone and make their 'statements' elsewhere.

But it's just so easy. You've got children penned up in little rooms and nobody around that can offer any real resistance.

Like a chained goat waiting for a lion.

Kids in schools are very literally fish in barrels. You can lock the barrel, surround in it carbonite, put up all the signage you want. They're still just fish in a barrel.

Cops always say over and over that opportunity begets crime so dont leave your laptop on the front seat of your car, dont leave your doors unlocked, dont walk around half drunk and oblivious, dont stick earbuds in at max volume....

Then they tell you to round up all your defenseless children and put them in a building with no guards.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Isnt it a bit screwed up when your country has to consider armed teachers and armed guards in schools ?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I had a bad feeling that this would happen at some point this school year.

I just want all this violence to stop.

It's tearing the world apart.

I hope everyone is alright.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So, which is it? The gunman walked into the school demanding to speak to police or the local television station? Looks like he just wanted to make a statement. Hearing mixed reports about whether or not gunfire even took place during the incident.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Great and the media will be all over this, broadcasting the shooters face on every station.

Free ad time for psychopaths who want to go out with a bang...

Ad's work, otherwise companies wouldn't spend billions on ad time to influence human behavior. In a society thats been geared upon consumption and doing what the idiot box tells you to do we should be careful on the air time we give such events.

First A-hole to shoot up a school starts the free ads, and now we seem to be getting these on a 6month basis almost.

link   
I was wondering what the kids were doing in school, so I checked their website.
Their first day of school was August 12th.

link   
I read that gunfire could be heard over the phone lines.

www.wsbtv.com...

The shooter told the woman at the front desk to call both. Hope that no one is actually dead in this incident. They will not stop. It will not end. Schools need better security, not just guns.Armed guards are ideal but if a school will not do that then put in a gate. One way in and one way out. Heavily locked doors. These incidents almost always happen during the day after school starts and someone 'gets in'. There should be layers of security, failsafes, to make sure a shooter CANNOT get passed the front desk or main entrance. Nothing is perfect but something is better than nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
So, which is it? The gunman walked into the school demanding to speak to police or the local television station? Looks like he just wanted to make a statement. Hearing mixed reports about whether or not gunfire even took place during the incident.

And thats exactly how the Sandy Hook conspiracy theories got started.
Mixed media reports.
How do you know if they're lying to us then, or lying to us now?

..or the more prosaic answer that I go with, that the media are just crap at their job.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

(CNN) -- At least one gunshot was reported fired at a charter elementary school in suburban Atlanta Tuesday, but no students were injured, a school spokesman said.
One person who fired a shot at or near Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy is in custody, said Quinn Hudson, a spokesman for the DeKalb County School District. It wasn't clear whether the shot was fired inside or outside the school, located about seven miles east of downtown Atlanta.

There was a gunshot fired, but they don't know whether it was inside or outside the school.

CNN Link

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The media will make anyone immortal with infamy and insure their names are known for all time. Context isn't important when someone doesn't care about surviving the event that follows. This guy doesn't seem to have been one of the crazies, as I'm coming to call these space cases that are more robotic than human in behavior. This one, at least SO far with so little info, sounds to have just been cashing in on the 100% guarantee of fame, even if misfortune comes with it.

The media needs to stop making world headlines every time some sick bastard does something stupid with a gun. It doesn't just give ratings for them, it drives MORE of it by other sick bastards who crave the fame. Even posthumously, in many cases.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I was hoping that it wouldn't surge up again as well. That didn't happen in the 90's now so probably shouldn't hold our breaths. Thankfully, the children don't seem to be physically harmed and the suspect with the gun, according to the article, was more interested in getting the local news channel and police's attention.

From the wbstv link:

A woman in the school office called Channel 2 Action News to report that there was a shooter in the school. She told a Channel 2 assignment desk editor that the gunman asked her to call WSB-TV and police. Shots could be heard over the call.

Somebody wanted some attention really very bad but it would seem that their goal was attention and not the taking of lives.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

DeKalb School spokesperson Quinn Hudson says that a shooting suspect has been apprehended. Hudson says the suspect had demands.

www.firstcoastnews.com...

Curious to hear what those "demands" were.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join