It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Theory: Do YOU Believe? Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello all, the ancient alien theory is indeed quite the interesting theory. I would like to know if YOU believe in it or not, and if you do, WHY. Present the most 'hardcore' evidence and or facts that support this theory that you feel validate it and it's authenticity.

edit on 17-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

No I believe in alien life but I think the wonders of our past was the product of human ingenuity. I think we have been around longer and accomplished more then we know. Who knows, maybe ufo's aren't alien afterall and just our ancestors coming to visit their home planet.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I do not believe in ancient aliens. What I do believe is that humans were much smarter then we think 5000+ years ago. I think we had tools even electricity, like the The Baghdad Battery.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm leaning that way. I'm working through ancient creation stories at the moment. I used Sitchen's work as a basis but as with most things, you can't stop there and believe, you need to dig deep for yourself. I'm also seeing a lot of evidence that civilization is much older than we have been led to believe. Take the recent archeological finds in Turkey as one example. I do believe that we've been visited a few times recently...from the 1950's to today with some of the evidence and testimony, and if I'm to believe that, then it's not a stretch to believe that we were visited in ancient times as well. Let me just say that I'm not 100% sure of any of it, including that we've been visited at all. It's just where I'm leaning with what I'm researching.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Do I believe it ? .... No
AA theory requires much from the eye of faith and offers little by way of facts or evidence , its all about interpretation .

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe it as one plausible theory, although a lot of what was once seen as evidence has now been debunked.
I suppose it's also true to say, that unless somebody actually saw the Egyptian pyramids being built, for example, it's presumptuous to rule out anything completely.

I'd say for me the sudden rise of modern humans with art and religious ideas over a short time-span may suggest some interventionism.

In that sense I'm less inclined to believe in any major ancient alien interventions in civilization, but I'm more inclined to believe that human civilization is much older, and was once far more widespread and connected than thought.
edit on 17-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari

No I believe in alien life but I think the wonders of our past was the product of human ingenuity. I think we have been around longer and accomplished more then we know. Who knows, maybe ufo's aren't alien afterall and just our ancestors coming to visit their home planet.

This is the same type of theory I subscribe to. I've read a little on the subject ect. I believe we are the ancestors of an advanced civilisation from long before we think we are from. How advanced I couldn't guess, maybe not as scientifically advanced as today but quite intellectual. Perhaps wiped out by the last ice age? Look at how some of todays society would fare if a global disaster happened, most would be hard pressed to make a fire never mind clothes...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I believe it as one plausible theory, although a lot of what was once seen as evidence has now been debunked.
Although I suppose it's also true that unless somebody actually saw the Egyptian pyramids being built it's presumptuous to rule out anything completely.

I'd say for me the sudden rise of modern humans with art and religious ideas over a short time-span may suggest some interventionism.

I've read something along the lines that some of it has been debunked but don't know specifics, could you tell me what has specifically been debunked?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I believe but have no hardcore facts can I still participate?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah,it's an interesting story that's for sure and it sounded plausible when I first heard it but there's too many things accepted as fact that are highly speculative for my liking.

It always makes me laugh when Gorgio whatever-his-name-is explains how some ancient culture mistook the space brothers for gods laughing at their utter naivety when they clearly should have known they were ancient aliens.It's the only possible explanation.

Also,when they state with utter conviction about a particular ancient monument that we couldn't build it today therefore our ancestors couldn't possibly have done it,it must therefore be the ancient aliens at work !!

There is a lot of fitting the evidence to the theory as opposed to seeing what theory is suggested by the evidence.For example,the 'vitrified' forts that our just up the road from me here.The heat required to do that to stone was far beyond the picts to create therefore the only possible explanation is there was an ancient 'nuclear' war and it was an advanced weapon that did it.Well,you have to ake into account this was the iron age so in fact they were highly proficient at taking iron rich rock and heating it to temperatures high enough to smelt iron,which incidently is a higher temperature than what it takes to vitrify rock.

I can't remember who (i'll try and find it and provide a link) but in the 60's an archeologist actually tried an experiment by collecting firewood and brush,piling it against the wall of one of these 'forts' and letting it burn,The conclusion was that it was possible to turn stone into glass with fire,,no directed energy beams necessary !!!

No,there;s far too many instances where they can't explain something so they force an ancient alien theory into the gap,more often than not there's not mystery or gap in the first place.What they claim can't be explained by science 9 times out of 10 actually can be explained if you bother to do some research.

It's an entertaining theory an I usually end up watching it,mind you I spend most of the time shouting at the t.v.It doesn't help that some of the presenters on the show are laughable but if you take it as entertainment as opposed to a real documentary it can pass a slow hour

I can't help feeling it insults our ancestors by making out they were incapable when in fact they were incredible engineers.It's insulting,belittling them and robbing them of their achievements.Take the nazca lines,how could they possibly create them without being able to look down.Simple,trace a small reference version and just scale it up.The Romans were building straight roads across England centuries earlier without a helicopter or spaceship to look down from to make sure it was straight

edit on 17/8/13 by fastbob72 because: spelling.lol

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I see no other way how ancient people could´ve accomplished things we couldn´t even do nowadays without leaving a piece of technology behind.

Just one of the reasons I believe.
edit on 17-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This is one of my favorite areas of the UFO/ET/ED phenomenon. I will list the reasons I subscribe to it but I will not leave links. I apologize, but I'm using my tablet currently, and its new. I'm still acclimating to the new tech and am Leary of trying to supply links. This is my first time utilizing ATS with my tablet. I'll be glad and happy to pay a few bucks to someone who can create a functional app for this site to use with ones tablet.

Anyhow, back on topic. The reasons why I feel the Ancient alien hypothesis holds water:

1) Sumerian Tablets. Not only do they correctly outline our solar system, but they specifically tell the story of our creation by genetic manipulation, headed by beings that came in ships from the heaven to Earth.

2) India/Tibet vimayas. Go over and try to enlighten a Buddhist or Hindu of the reality of non-human intelligences. They will laugh in your face and ask you where you have been... They have been teaching the reality of non human intelligence for ages.

3) The Bible, though clearly based off the Sumerian tablets - still tell us the heaven is filled with gods creations. Angels, demons, aliens... All the same concepts.

4) Anomolies like the nazca lines, piri map, and the ship models found in South America. When they made a larger scale replica of these flying machines, they were surprise surprise - operational.

5) Stories of the Sirius star system in various cultures. In fact, they even knew Sirius had a third unseen star, which was,t confirmed until 1995, I believe it was. Not to mention the pyramids in Egypt are aligned perfectly with Sirius. A testimony to our origins perhaps?

6) The phenomenon of abduction is ancient. The faerie, I believe have a direct correlation with the Greys.

7) The occult phenomenon timelines of the Nazi's, Crowley, and even the dude who founded Scientology. I can't rememer that sick dudes name off the top of my head. Anyhow, the correlation between UFO's showing up and these parties opening up rifts in the veil, is very interesting to study.

8) Tuathe De Canaan, the Celtic gods of Ireland came forms the heavens in a fiery cloud (I imagine independence day) and were called 'The People of the Serpent'.

There are others, but that is what came out of memory studying this subject.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I am a Believer simply because some examples of " Ancient " Stone Working are undisputably the result of Machine Tooling which according to Mainstream Science did not exist in Ancient Times . Case in point , the Stones at Puma Punku in Bolivia . Some One created that Site , Question is , were they Human, Or... ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I believe that we have been visited in the past, and continue to be visited. I believe we humans are far, far older than mainstream science tells us we are.

I think we've been around somewhere in the neighborhood of 100,000 years, that we've created marvelous, technological civilizations only to destroy them. Much like the path our current civilization is on.

I also believe that these ancient aliens have at times given us a "nudge" in the right direction as far as technology goes. I look at sites like Puma Punku and wonder how the hell we did it?

link   
I agree with the previous posters. Humans have risen and fallen many times over the course of history. Look how far we've come in just the last 100 years.
I think you'll enjoy the second thread in my sig.

link   

There has been the series "Ancient Aliens", which revisits all the major theories.
Contrary to this, on YouTube (and I believe on ATS) there's also a documentary called "Ancient Aliens Debunked".

Shortly, I guess there were a lot of false claims on archeology that first encouraged the ancient alien theories.
en.wikipedia.org...

To me non of that rules out that alien intervention may not have happened at some point.

edit on 17-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Totally agree. Maybe we didn't need technology as we recognize it. We may have possess psychic or other abilities that does the things technology does for us. I just see what we accomplished in the last 100 years and I am convinced man have done all this before.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think we were interfered with (genetically) at some point in the past, and I think humans go back MUCH further than THEY wish us to believe.

But don't worry, people will be long shortly to tell us we're all stupid for even considering such an idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This topic has been discussed ad naseum here on ATS. Though interesting, however, Sitchin, Van Daniken, and Georgios are master manipulators.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

yeah I agree with a lot of what you posted. When you start there you get to many good questions and avenues of research. I'll admit that ancient aliens overall does have holes but a complex theory is going to have some holes. Not everything will pan out to be true, perhaps most will not, who knows, but some of what they are saying does have merit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join