It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Crop Circles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

You see, this is my question.
Reconsider the above quote of the six adjacent circles.

I could buy weather, but for the description of "as if drawn by a compass". This suggests precision.
I am not interested in tossing out man made circles.
I keep coming back to one question: considering the UKs long, documented history with this stuff WHY oh WHY are the vast majority still found there?!"

I understand people are making them. But they aren't all made by humans, this is clear. And why are THESE humans making them?

Eventually yes, other humans may start doing it, but they have been cropping up in the UK for HUNDREDS of years!

Consider the American Midwest...tornado alley...no crop circles.

I don't care that my views are dismissed. I know I am right. There is a paranormal element here. We cannot pin it down. Paranormal is just that. Unexplainable.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The 'concept' that marks and patterns made in fields had something to do with aliens/paranormal was born out of the 60's and 70's. But that does not mean that people have never gone out into the fields and made themselves a little circle where they can have a bit of privacy before that time. Young or secret lovers, people having picnics (a very British thing), a homeless person passing though or even kids playing. Ive seen all these happen in the past in fields in the UK west country. You even get the odd satanist pagan group out on a night from time to time.

But claiming that the ONLY reason people would ever make a mark in a field is to be part of a hoax that only started in the 60's-70's and because there have on very rare occasions been circular-ish marks of no real complexity before that time people couldn't have made them because they predated the original hoax concept is total delusional logic and very short sighted.

edit on 17-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

So you are suggesting what, that in 1904 a group of satanist walked into a field and trampled down six, adjacent, precise circles to conceal their activities instead of either a) finding a thicket of woods somewhere, or b) trampling down a single, larger circle, and you accuse others of delusional logic at the same time?
You sir can... (self edit)
edit on 17-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

The staff are watching this thread closely. Remember that we require civility and decorum at all times.

Please discontinue the harsh rhetoric, name calling and otherwise rude posting behavior, otherwise actions, including post removals and posting bans, may occur.

Regards,

Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
So you are suggesting what, that in 1904 a group of satanist walked into a field and trampled down six, adjacent, precise circles to conceal their activities instead of either a) finding a thicket of woods somewhere

Corn, Wheat, whatever is rather suggestive, even phallic in some instances, if we're talking about the nature religions, Jay.

edit on 17-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Amazing video TheGut , i love that film

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

I have yet to come across proof or evidence though that these crop circles are anything but human concoctions.

Dig a little deeper...

The evidence is massive.

The Crop Circles of the Fallen Angels

The Great Crop Circle Deception

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Are you saying Pufferfish are responsible for "Crop Circles" wow! amazing

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It isn't a good day on ATS without ruffling a few feathers.

Football can't get here fast enough.

For 30 years people have had to listen to the D&D explanation drummed into their heads as if it was gospel. Now that we know that is not true, people are straight up delusional for suggesting their may be more to all this.

This place really makes me shake my head sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Are you saying Pufferfish are responsible for "Crop Circles" wow! amazing

But can you proooove puffer fish don't make crop circles? lol

edit on 17-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It isn't a good day on ATS without ruffling a few feathers.

Football can't get here fast enough.

Actually, Jay, check your tail-feathers! Most here have been pretty patient and fairly loving in their explanations/reasoning and suggested research avenues. You, on the other hand, have been pretty fired up.

For 30 years people have had to listen to the D&D explanation drummed into their heads as if it was gospel. Now that we know that is not true, people are straight up delusional for suggesting their may be more to all this.

This place really makes me shake my head sometimes.

Where did we determine that what we might call fairly complex--in the modern sense--crop circles were not a partial product of Doug & Dave and therefore have some anomalous nature?

*Gut shakes his head, lovingly, at Jay*

Have you even expressed what, exactly, is your overall opinion on their nature? Weather patterns, was that it?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'm pretty sure the mod note was directed towards me.
that prompted the ruffling feathers remark.

Of course I get riled up from time to time.
I haven't seen a single attempt at answering redressing any of the points I have made other than the occasional off-handed remark that fails to address the points.

I have only made the claim there may be a paranormal element here. What it is, I do not know.

Weather? It seems to play a role, but it doesn't address all of the nuances like six adjacent precise circles.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A little off topic but you should check out a place called the devils circle it is located in NC. I have stayed their overnight when I was teen we had a bonfire and drank nothing happened but it is interesting still and it dates back before settlers.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here is another interesting one. It is the oldest known CC photograph. From the 30s. This is a RING. Not a circle made by satanists. Its a pretty interesting case.

Time traveling Doug and Dave? Must be a hoax, right?

What's the motive?

oldcropcircles.weebly.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

But theoretically those could be man made, right? Are you saying that all 'real' crop circles are demonic and not alien? Is that your hypothesis?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the mod note was directed towards me.
that prompted the ruffling feathers remark.

LOL!
Probably,...I'm just guessing. You're always cool in my book, though, brudda! You know that.

Of course I get riled up from time to time.
I haven't seen a single attempt at answering redressing any of the points I have made other than the occasional off-handed remark that fails to address the points.

I have only made the claim there may be a paranormal element here. What it is, I do not know.

Weather? It seems to play a role, but it doesn't address all of the nuances like six adjacent precise circles.

I'm not sure your questions haven't been addressed, but I do admit I've been in and out from monitor to kitchen.

I'll try to add some info and links here in a bit that expand, hopefully, on the issue. Plus, I do have the "get out of jail free" card because I did state that I think high-strangeness does most likely sometimes rear it's head amongst the circle-makers.

Someone once said--about Fields actually--and I paraphrase, "If you call it, they will come!" But if that's true, and I'm not by any means defining "it," but the "call," that being the circles, came first.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I try and remain cool. It gets hard when terms like "delusional" are tossed out.

At any rate, I need something that explains these circles naturally and accounts for why they are found primarily in the UK.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

At any rate, I need something that explains these circles naturally and accounts for why they are found primarily in the UK.

Because Doug & Dave invented a "sport" that inspired a nation? A nation with a lot of fairly isolated fields. One where, unlike the fields here, there aren't as many redneck gun owners in close proximity? A nation wired-up on tea and a good sense of humor?

Don't kill me for invoking D&D, dude!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Back to Doug and Dave, eh?

I give up. Later fellas.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Here is another interesting one. It is the oldest known CC photograph. From the 30s. This is a RING. Not a circle made by satanists. Its a pretty interesting case.

Time traveling Doug and Dave? Must be a hoax, right?

What's the motive?

oldcropcircles.weebly.com...

From your link:

"This [ring] was found to consist of a circle in which the barley was 'lodged' or beaten down."

"Beaten down" sounds rather suggestive as to its origin to me.

You probably haven't hung out in the woods, at certain times of the year, with a bunch of naked folk like I have in the past. It's not that farfetched my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join