It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume Aliens exist. What is the best way for them to let us know if they are friendly??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
flipflop:

OK.

They could just write in the sky, "We come in peace."

Then we might shoot them down...

They could take over the televisions and say, "We come in peace."

Then people would riot and otherwise freak out completely.

They could tell the governments privately, "We come in peace."

But the governments would never tell the people, lest
a) the aliens get too much power and
b) the people freak the heck out.

They could send their message through "channelers."

Almost nobody would hear it and those who did either already believed that or just think the channel is a lunatic.

They could arrive and offer a cure for cancer.

They would definitely be shot down then. Billions or trillions invested in that one.

They could arrive and offer us really, really good chocolate, coffee and cigars, all designed to help not harm the body. And offer to have it be incorporated in saleable products by corporations without copyright/patent.

Actually that is my favorite one I think. That would probably win them more converts than any other way.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo
flipflop:

OK.

They could just write in the sky, "We come in peace."

Then we might shoot them down...

They could take over the televisions and say, "We come in peace."

Then people would riot and otherwise freak out completely.

They could tell the governments privately, "We come in peace."

But the governments would never tell the people, lest
a) the aliens get too much power and
b) the people freak the heck out.

They could send their message through "channelers."

Almost nobody would hear it and those who did either already believed that or just think the channel is a lunatic.

They could arrive and offer a cure for cancer.

They would definitely be shot down then. Billions or trillions invested in that one.

They could arrive and offer us really, really good chocolate, coffee and cigars, all designed to help not harm the body. And offer to have it be incorporated in saleable products by corporations without copyright/patent.

Actually that is my favorite one I think. That would probably win them more converts than any other way.

thank you, such a lot of ways and possible outcomes too... and yeah the chocolate option is appealing

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
They will absolutely not be coming in peace, I have the idea that this planet was given to us, and frankly I think they are slowly becoming very annoyed with what we have done to it.

How could they let us know they come n peace? by giving us a second chance

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
They would most likely inform us in a way that doesn't alarm us, and prepares us for the visit. That is, if they are friendly.

They would either use some sort of broadcast on TVs and radios as a starting point, it's possible we are even being conditioned for the meeting at this moment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join