It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are doing exactly what I am hoping to do very soon. I hope you find perfect peace and joy wherever you're moving to.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
heres an example of why the beauty of california is useless at this point

where i lived i was surrounded by a few decent sized creeks and lakes. they were stocked full of trout too. Yet every 20 feet or so was a sign that said "no fishing, no swimming, no wading, no being in the water at all, minimum $500 fine" then you have the entire fleet of SWAT like "park rangers" and "game wardens" who patrol the thing like its fort knox.

ok so maybe a smaller city pond? hah! be ready to pay a parking fee, a daily permit fee, an inspection fee, and if you have a boat there will be a fee for that as well. thats all before the fishing license.

dare think about going to a beach? better be ready to pay some $$$, and they dont take EBT cards!

oh but what about all those lovely fields and orchards in the central part of the state? oh you mean the congress mandated DUST BOWL? they shutoff the entire central regions water supply to save some little endangered fish thats not even native to the state.... now most of the produce has doubled in price.

i wont miss the "smog check" crap either... or the wellfare... or the massive traffic ticket revenue service (CHP). lets see...what else wont i miss....constant chemtrailing...home invasions robberies...I O U's for my tax returns...gangs..the list goes on.

but alas!, the trillion dollar turbo train will save you all!

edit on 14-8-2013 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

As long as you're having a good time

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

How funny- I'm in the same boat but reversed.

LOVE Texas politics and economy- SICK TO DEATH of the weather! lol

The scorching heat has just become more than I can stand.

Good luck to you and your new adventure!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I didn't want to jinx my move by posting my new location too soon, but I am moved in and all settled here in Montana. It is beautiful here.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Hi Cal

Glad you're all settled in and enjoying your new home
And what's a new home without flowers ?

Cody

top topics

<< 1   >>

join