It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child prays to Barack Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
And the deification of men and government continues I have said this often they try to get rid of religion and institute Government as a 'religion.'

Get them while they are young, and you will have them for life which is why I will forever be an infidel.

I pray to no man neither should anyone else.

The parent's should be ashamed because that kid was put up to that rather obvious.
edit on 14-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Well said.

I addition, with the history of Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Idi Amin, etc., you would think that people would get very uncomfortable with the cult of personality for a politician.

I may have liked Ronald Reagan's politics, but I'd never dream about literally singing his praises like these brainwashed kids.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Surely it's better for him to "pray" to Obama rather than some vapid reality tv or music star.

It's better to pray to neither. We need to stop acting like other humans are superior to us. They're not. Obama is no greater than you or I. His money and power are artificial constructs that hold no true authority in natural order.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Thats right folks, praying to Obama is more rational than praying to a god!

No, it's not. "God" means creator. We exist, therefore we were created. Just because people have their own interpretations of what "God" is doesn't mean "God" doesn't exist. "God" doesn't have to be a bearded man in the sky; "God" can be the forces of nature.

This is why I feel Atheism is completely illogical. But I digress.

Praying to a human is never rational, whether the theories of Atheism make sense or not. If you strip Obama of the artificial constructs propping up his place in society, he is a nobody. Praying to him, as well as any other human, is as irrational as praying to a brick.

By the way, I am not religious, nor do I believe in an intelligent creator. So don't fill your response with those assumptions.

edit on 8/14/2013 by DivisiveConformity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Obama Prayer.

"Oh, Cut-out cardboard Obama

Please help my Country realize that you are the only one who can fix this great Nation.

Please help those who are unwilling to recognize your true greatness.

Please destroy those who cant fully recognize your achievements.

Please, take 4 more years to fulfill your glorious Reich."

Soon to be published in EVERY newspaper, addendum to Holy scriptures, addendum to school books, and said before EVERY Sporting event.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No, it's not. "God" means creator. We exist, therefore we were created. Just because people have their own interpretations of what "God" is doesn't mean "God" doesn't exist. "God" doesn't have to be a bearded man in the sky; "God" can be the forces of nature.

This is why I feel Atheism is completely illogical. But I digress.

So let me get this straight. The act of not believing in an abstract, unknown quantity- something that could be anything, nothing and everything- is illogical? Right on man, right on. Who need things like proof- or even vague knowledge about- something in order to believe in it. Thats for the fools, man.

Praying to a human is never rational, whether the theories of Atheism make sense or not.

Not believing in something that isnt- and cant be- proven to exist makes sense.

If you strip Obama of the artificial constructs propping up his place in society, he is a nobody. Praying to him, as well as any other human, is as irrational as praying to a brick.

Not true. What if Obama were to hear the prayer? Which is more likely now that its been posted to youtube? Unlike Obama, bricks can't hear. Check and mate.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Quit posting logic like that..........

ETA, good to see you on the boards, brother.......
edit on 14-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey sonny! Hows it hanging for you?

You know, i am not particularly fond of the idea of a kid praying to Obama- or anyone for that matter. It gives off that creepy cultish vibe- you know the one.

However, ATS'es reaction is pretty funny, as you can clearly observe. Now i am not trying offend anyone's sincerely held beliefs, but i have to say- Is it really more reasonable to pray to such and unknown and unknowable concept such as a god instead of an entity rooted in reality?

edit on 14-8-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Under the new orders of the DHW (Department of Homeland Worship) this image is to be placed on every tv set and mantle.

Amen.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This isn't funny. It's both sad and scary. People in North Korea honestly believe (or are told to, whichever the case may individually be) that their leaders are divine and in direct line to God. The Japanese also believed the Emperor was divine and a cut above mortal man. Real nasty things can be justified and carried out under divine rationale and thinking. Almost anything can be justified, in fact.

It's a VERY dangerous place to go in any circumstances. Obama the Messiah is a cute punch line as a joke. To see a kid take it anything like seriously ought to give everyone a moment of cold pause.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just another example of how anti christian this country has become and more proof that we really are in the end times.

Jamie Foxx also called Barack Obama "our lord and savior" during the Soul Train Awards btw...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

At least Obama has been proven to exist! Thats right folks, praying to Obama is more rational than praying to a god!

Eat that ATS.

Pass the secret soviet souvlaki sauce Tsuki. This Baphomet burger
is a little dry... and I don't care if the onions turned ugly in 2008.

This next feast of the Equinox could be kind of cool-- I wonder if there's
going to be an E.O. requiring us all at least to sledge lifelong allegiance
to His Total Niftiness and his boxcar-o-tzars? I actually can't wait.

"I sledge allegiance to the sickle (with a capital sick) of the blah blah
of wherever we ain't anymore:" Nikita K. was right, so terribly right.
From my end, consciously putting any man above myself is a
rediculous, futile and meaningless abdication of divine rights.
Unless of course you'd like to sign on the line.. or else.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And people rag on Catholics for praying to saints....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Obama Prayer.

"Oh, Cut-out cardboard Obama

Please help my Country realize that you are the only one who can fix this great Nation.

Please help those who are unwilling to recognize your true greatness.

Please destroy those who cant fully recognize your achievements.

Please, take 4 more years to fulfill your glorious Reich."

Soon to be published in EVERY newspaper, addendum to Holy scriptures, addendum to school books, and said before EVERY Sporting event.

But forget the four years Sonnny.. every really great dictator should have forever.
I just wonder how many decent names will get scrubbed from the books to make
enough room for his gigantic ego and laundry list ??

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. The act of not believing in an abstract, unknown quantity- something that could be anything, nothing and everything- is illogical?

Did you read my post? I said the definition of "God" is "creator". Do we exist? I'm going to assume your answer is yes, so if you can explain how we exist without being created, I'd love to hear it.

But assuming you have no other explanation, that means that we exist because we were created. Therefore, there is a "God", considering we were clearly created, and considering "God" means "creator".

Now, if you'll take a glance at the last part of my post, which I notice you didn't respond to, I made it quite clear that I don't believe in an "intelligent creator", such as the one the Abrahamic religions believe in. Instead, I believe in the forces of nature (and thus, evolution). As such, I believe nature is "God".

Atheists, however, believe there is no God. So Atheists basically believe Nature doesn't exist. If you need proof that this is completely illogical, and if just knowing the fact that you exist isn't enough proof, go wander outside for a moment and take a look around.

Not believing in something that isnt- and cant be- proven to exist makes sense.

Again, Nature can't be proven? Explain.

Not true. What if Obama were to hear the prayer? Which is more likely now that its been posted to youtube? Unlike Obama, bricks can't hear.

Prayer should be reserved for those that are superior. No human is superior to another human. Bricks are also not superior to humans. There's your similarity. It doesn't matter who can and can't hear it. Praying to an equal makes no sense and is an insult to the one praying.

Check and mate.

To summarize, by challenging what I've said here, you are saying we don't exist. Speaking of irrational and needing proof...

So having said that, we do agree on one thing. Check and mate.

edit on 8/14/2013 by DivisiveConformity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is what happens when you put Fluoride in water for babies.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Just another example of how anti christian this country has become and more proof that we really are in the end times.

The continuation of Christianity is not some canary in the mines to gauge the remaining months or years of mankind. We've existed on this planet long before Christ or Moses ever walked this earth, and we will likely continue forth long after Abrahamism releases its shackles on humanity.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What I find interesting the most is most people scoff that people calling Obama the Anti Christ.

Well he does and his party to try to kill religion(Christ).

His supporters are trying the deify the guy and say all our rights come from government not the 'creator'.

His supporters do seem to think he can turn water in to wine, excuse fiat currency and corporate products out of thin air.

So I say Obama is the Anti Christ in my opinion although Christ never used a spear to force men in to good will did he?

Man sure has numerous times in history in God's name, but really was his own, and just like how religion get's blamed for what mankind has done, and now they want to rinse and repeat it another another false prophet of another institution wrapped in facade of 'benevolence'.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This isn't funny. It's both sad and scary. People in North Korea honestly believe (or are told to, whichever the case may individually be) that their leaders are divine and in direct line to God. The Japanese also believed the Emperor was divine and a cut above mortal man. Real nasty things can be justified and carried out under divine rationale and thinking. Almost anything can be justified, in fact.

It's a VERY dangerous place to go in any circumstances. Obama the Messiah is a cute punch line as a joke. To see a kid take it anything like seriously ought to give everyone a moment of cold pause.

Absolutely! Exactly what has been going through my mind. You stated it a lot better than I would have though.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Madness.

This is the descent into statist security psychosis.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
WHAT WAS THIS KID PRAYING FOR, THE END OF THE HUMAN RACE? woa caps, maybe world war 3? maybe for propaganda? i dunno. whooooof

<< 1  2    4 >>

join