It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crushed and obliterated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So very sorry to hear of your loss. I was there last year when my beagle of 13 years was going into kidney failure and I had to put her down. At the recommendation of a co-worker I started looking at dogs to rescue...and even just the time spent looking over pictures and reading bio's was therapeutic.

Also, there's a website www.rainbowbridge.com... that might be worth checking out. It's full of information, articles and memorials for/from people who have lost furry family members.

Best of luck to you in this difficult time.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry for your loss. Everyone who has ever lost a beloved pet can relate to it. My family lost our 14 year-old Golden Retriever a few months ago. We still miss her unconditional love and companionship. Whenever we talk about our beloved dog Ginger, we always have a smile on our face. Always remembering the days she would make us laugh, and lend us comfort during stressful times in our lives.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. You made the right decision in love...and love is eternal.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That sucks brother. My little guy had to be put down a month ago for similar reasons. I grew up with him over the past 13 years so believe me when I say I know your pain! But as they say - 'tis better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all. That's the truth. And that's what you've gotta remember in those terrible moments when you feel the full weight of your fresh loss. At least that's what I do to cope with the misery. Sometimes it even works

Life is a hard ride at times unfortunately. But don't let that get you down. It's also magical & amazing more often than not!

Take it easy my friend.

I was conflicted on whether to share this or not as I'm terribly insecure, but I decided to do it anyway lol. Here's a song I dedicated to my dog's memory:

Perhaps it will help to lift your (or someone else's) spirit

edit on 13/8/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy I am soo sorry for your loss. Magic dogs are the ones we write about before and after. Thinking about the lost ones brings tears and memories both sad and joyous. It makes one wish for one more day....

I wish I had words of comfort but when loosing a family member its hard to compare mine with yours cause its the personal pain that we go through and nothing can change that, except, for a loss, there was life and life was wonderfully shared by all in the family! Thats a blessing!

Sorry for your loss but the love you gave and received is priceless, enough said...

Sorry wish there was another day.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
R.I.P.

Good dog.

Seriously going to write a book called "Dogs of Our Lives."

Maybe I should start a thread for stories about dogs to contribute to this project.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

With the video you posted suggesting a huge out going spirit residing in you, I have a question for you.
How is it you find room for insecurity ?
Rhetorical if you like.

Thank you very much my good man.
That one goes to my facebook page.

reply to post by denybedoomed

Seriously going to write a book called "Dogs of Our Lives."

You couldn't possibly lose with that idea.
edit on 13-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry to hear about your loss, Randy.

I remember when I was 12 my mom said we were getting a dog and I got all excited. She came home with a tea cup poodle puppy (which when laying down lengthwise was no bigger than my adolescent palm). I remember saying: "That's not a dog... That's a rodent."

I was kind of miffed because I wanted a dog I could train to be my personal body guard like a German Shepard or something. But I ended up loving that silly little dog like a member of the family. She lived to be a ripe old 14 years (human years) and then passed away. It was hard seeing her in the condition she was in before she died. I tried convincing my mom to have her put down (because I felt she was suffering), but my mom just didn't have the heart. One day she went to feed her and the little thing just didn't wake up.

Losing a pet that is part of the family really sucks. It really is like losing a person. Condolences to you and your family!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this.

I can see by the pics that this dog was right....not mean, always deferential to the humans in her life and despite her dimunitive size, would've died to defend you all.

Having been through this several times, i feel your sorrow.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I can relate. I just lost my 18 year old "mutt" just before labor day. That little man kept my world together through some tough times. Every time I fix chicken I think of him because he loved it so much.
edit on 8/13/2013 by TXTriker because: fx

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

and despite her dimunitive size, would've died to defend you all.

This is almost getting odd. I would swear many of you guys knew her.

Thanks again ATS !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Your post was a home run for my wife.
And your avatar is a grand slam for me.

Alright, on more headshot and it's chow time !

edit on 13-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
aww
just to cheer ya up

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

How cool is that ? Thank you Undo !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When I was younger I also had a Dachshund that suffered the same injury after jumping off our couch. My parents kept him around for about a week, but he was peeing and pooping in his bed and had to be cleaned almost hourly and you could tell he was generally miserable until he was put down.

I'll never get another Dachshund, they're prone to that injury and it's heartbreaking.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The decision must have been a hard one. You are never ready.
I find myself in a very similar position right now, as our cat has a joint of spine out, and the vet said one wrong move and she could be paralyzed. And how do you keep a cat from jumping from high places, playing and twisting...you can't.
I think it was brave of you to put her down. I keep looking to find a kitty wheelchair for worst case scenario.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
The decision must have been a hard one. You are never ready.
I find myself in a very similar position right now, as our cat has a joint of spine out, and the vet said one wrong move and she could be paralyzed. And how do you keep a cat from jumping from high places, playing and twisting...you can't.
I think it was brave of you to put her down. I keep looking to find a kitty wheelchair for worst case scenario.

I hear the doxys that do live long lives are usually the ones that are trained to stay down
off the furniture and aren't allowed up on anything. If we had any indication of this outcome ?
We would have done things different. We just had no clue, but the breed gave us the most
loving, sweet little dog I've ever known. I think we'll try again. She certainly was worth the
heartbreak.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
randyvs. I read your thread last night. Just could not reply then. I read it and had a good cry, yea a big ole grown man crying. But I have to admit the crying was not for your little love, It was for mine I had to lay to rest two years ago. He too was a weenie dog, he was my friend for 16 short years. The last two he spent in a wheelchair. One day he was fine, the next day he could not use his back legs.

Faced with puttting him down, I at that time could not do it. I looked at doggie wheelchairs and was shocked at the prices. So being me, I built him one over the next two days. He would lay and watch me work on it, I think he knew it was for him. When I finished, I put him in it and it was like he knew what to do. He took off across the house like he had been in it for all his life. I swear i could see him smile.

I knew the day would come . I knew one day he would let me know " Nows the time" That day he did'nt want to get up, he did not want to be in "Dan" ( I named the wheelchair , Lt Dan from Forrest Gump fame.) Because it was his "Magic Legs" He looked at me and I knew he was tired and ready to leave me. We had a meal of his favorite food, bacon. I let him eat all he wanted. Then we went and when I came home. I was alone. He was gone. I buried my friend in my side yard, Laid him to rest in his own bed. I still tear up over that ole dog.

Sometimes I think I can hear him say" Dont cry for me old friend, for one day we will be together again where we can run,laugh, & play. Simply put " Scrappy was my friend" and I miss him. I have a big black & white Manx cat that was his friend too. THat cat to this day still goes out to that grave everyday. He'll circle it a time or two then go on with his day. I still have Lt Dan, I find it hard to throw it away.
edit on 14-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
so, so sorry this happened to you, what a sweet little doggie (((((((hugs))))) to you!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join