It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by brandiwine14

chucky would cower at the little feet of Talking Tina.

For reasons unknown, these two scared the snot out of me

Honorable mention goes to
Teletubbies and The Doodlebops

edit on 12-8-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

I wondered if anyone else was going to mention Davey and Goliath. Creeped me out big time.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It might have been posted already, but something I will never forget is the British television drama Threads. It was aired in 1984 and tells the story of some British teens who experience a full on nuclear war with Russia.

It touches the subject of what would happen with human culture, society, should such a thing happen. For instance, the children wouldn't be able to read or write, English as a language would be butchered, so much shared knowledge would be lost. And not to mention the mutations.

Its ending will stay with me forever.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Yes, some great sci-fi/horror shows and movies from past and present. I grew up watching horror movies, and sci-fi, but as a kid this one that was on the local PBS station on occassion creeped me out the most (with the old lady) it was a trilogy but the only one I still remember was "The Drop of Water" if you watch its explained. Kind of cheesy now though.

edit on 12-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: corrected video

edit on 12-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
Nothing like a good television show to ruin your childhood am I right? We've all watched X-Files and by the gods that was certainly a difficult show to digest at such a young age. But you know what was an even scarier show? Unsolved Mysteries. Some of the scenes from that show is still engraved into my brain like this one guy having a grid of burn marks on his body from an alien space craft. I remember also stumbling upon the outer limits and I didn't know what that show was but thought it was the news, and it scared me because I thought aliens were here.

Maybe it's because of these shows that I have had trouble sleeping at night? Have any shows scarred you?

Thanks for the reminder on unsolved mysteries. I remember watching that a lot, but now there is another show that is the same name but it's all crime stuff? the one I watched was usually ghosts or aliens.

There is a movie I can't find that had a woman alone in a house with a baby. then this either blue or red light starts trying to shine through the windows and doors. The washer or something starts shaking and shes holding the baby saying "no you can't take him." Then the screws on the air conditioning vents start unscrewing and the baby is being sucked away.. I think it was about aliens but I don't know, right as the baby is taken the power went out and I was all the sudden alone in my pitch black basement...

I want to know what that movie was. Im still scared of the dark after that one haha..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
You kids think you have it bad with Unsolved Mysteries and X-Files, this is what my generation had to mess with our heads when we were kids.

I think Sid and Marty Kroft were Puffin stuff.
That show creeped me out when I was a kid.
Then there was land of the lost.
We knew about reptilians in the 70's but we called em sleestacks.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There were a couple of episodes of twilight zone that were kind of spooky for me when I was a kid, one was the little kid that could turn people in to different things or wish them away.
Then, a few episodes of Dr. Who. One where the kids wore gas masks and stalked some girl and other kids during ww2 england.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
For me it was The Creep Show by Stephen King. Weird and just plain old disturbing. Tales From the Crypt was also another one.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I could see why..that cat with the sharp teeth and devil horns is pretty creepy...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE HANDS DOWN!

The intro always scared the crap out of me, I would lower the t.v for the intro, but wasnt actually scared by the show.

LISTEN IF YOU DARE!!! mwahh ha ha haaaaaa

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE HANDS DOWN!

The intro always scared the crap out of me, I would lower the t.v for the intro, but wasnt actually scared by the show.

LISTEN IF YOU DARE!!! mwahh ha ha haaaaaa

Peace, NRE.

Haha, yesss. forgot about that show.. There was also Friday the 13th the series and a show that was supposed to be a kids show.. Goosebumps

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And of course I think that I got this from an older thread about this disturbing little number.. side note, I have watched the whole thing and it is quite educational.

The Adventures of Mark Twain

Watch if you dare, but seriously without kids around, seriously!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
The only thing that really scarred me as a kid was seeing the Raiders of the Lost Ark on TV when I was like 10 during a hockey trip,

when their faces melted, it was like I saw a ghost, it just numbed me right up for weeks.

This. Definitely this.

The only other thing I remember was an episode of Macguyver once... I can't remember the exact details, but there was someone weaponizing (presumably) a chemical agent that caused instant aging, or something like that. In one scene, a vial of the stuff was thrown into a lab, and Macguyver locked the door, with an evil female scientist chick inside. She aged in a matter of about 10 seconds, painfully and grotesquely (or at least, that's how I remember it).

I didn't like that very much

I can't remember how old I was at the time... probably only 5 or so.

[edit] Hmm... apparently I was 7 - and this person seems to have had the exact same experience:
www.kindertrauma.com...

love the name of the site!

[edit 2]

This is the episode:

edit on 12-8-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
To this day, I cannot look at Linda Blair's possessed face from The Exorcist. I would post it, here, but then I'd have to look at it while posting it. That film still scares the poop out of me.

that scared the crap out of my hubby! we had to sleep with the lights on! I had to go see jaws by myself when it came out!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There was a Project Bluebook episode in which a kid looks out of his apartment window at a hovering revolving object/craft which contained beings that had horse heads, I remember that freaked a lot of kids out self included.

Jacobs Ladder I personally found to be quite an unsettling film. Another film called Dreamscape had a particularly spooky sequence involving a Snakeman that existed inside a kids dream.

When I first saw Threads I was a teenager and I like many others as I found out the next morning did not sleep a wink that night. I literally could not stop thinking about what I had just seen and seem to remember the disturbance caused by this film stayed with me for quite some time. I did watch it again a few months later and obviously knowing what to expect took a lot of the sting out of it.

I don't recall anything making me feel quite as bad as that did that first time I saw it so I can only conclude that either Threads had the effect of desensitising/toughening me up, or I have seen nothing since that had quite the same effect on me. Could that be evidence of being scarred for life? I don't know but was I scared by this film?, hell yeah.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
when I was young I used to watch the alfred hitchcock show, the one that scared me SO bad was about these 2 nurses taking care of a invalide man in his home, there is a killer on the loose, twice you hear just the voice of the killer, (who strangles his victims)

"such a pretty little neck!" in the most creepy creepy voice, so scared I closed my eyes and poked my fingers in my ears!!

I just recently saw that episode and it STILL scared me! and that voice is still the MOST incredibly creepy thing to listen to!

how did my parents let me watch stuff like that???
edit on 12-8-2013 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

how did my parents let me watch stuff like that???

I've wondered that too, because my parents - even today - only watch REALLY tame TV. They were always really careful about what we watched as kids.

The conclusion I've come to? Times have changed.
Seriously - you go back and watch Disney's "Alice in Wonderland", or even "Fantasia"... those things are CREEPY. I mean acid-trip, blow-your-brains-out creepy.

Mickey hacking a living broom to death with an axe? NOT COOL!
...that's the only thing that makes sense in my head.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sightings for sure. I still have a hard time listening to EVPs thanks to one of their episodes.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I guess it was a double edged sword because I always loved mysteries and scary stuff, but a few times I got really scared, but some of those show like alfred hitchcock were for adults, they didn't show blood but they were very tense, I was young and that was a show for adults.

I watched outer limits ,twilight zone, chiller, one step beyond...didn't chiller have a different opening?? I remember there was a grandfather clock and the word chiller and the letters melted?

there was another show that had all those sci fi movies but I don't remember what it was called

edit on 12-8-2013 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

That episode of The X-Files with that humanoid-worm thingie in the sewers...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The episode of Twilight Zone where a portal to another dimension opens up behind a kid's bed creeped me out for a long time. As I remember, the kid went through the portal and you could hear him but not see him. It looked like a normal wall, except you could stick your hand right through it. The father's body went halfway through it, trying to grab him. Don't remember the outcome. Something about having this happen in the tranquility of bedroom really got to me.
edit on 12-8-2013 by sqorpius because: punctuation

edit on 12-8-2013 by sqorpius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join