It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird interesting dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Earlier today I had a very weird, but interesting abstract dream. The reason I mention this is because it seems the dreams has many reoccurring themes in my other dreams. Those are: New York, family and friends, and of course emotions like spiritual. A few days ago I posted a thread about me going to church and having a spiritual transformation. Which is why this dream struck me. Because in this dream it wasn't me, but someone who looked identical to me.

The dream begins with me in New York. It's dark as the lights enable me to see everyone and everything within miles. I'm near by a school as everyone seems to knows who I am as we just talk about random things. This goes on for awhile as I'm soon at an alternative music club and notice someone who looks identical to me praying to God. He ask forgiveness as he is about to sing. When it's his time to shine he doesn't disappoint and everyone likes his singing.

However, we're somehow in a very different place. As I'm talking to him face-to-face in a marvelous mansion. A gigantic portrait of him and his family hang by the marble stairs. All I can remember is that we were discussing faith and Christianity. Then I awoke and forgot mostly everything.

Sorry if I'm just explaining the big picture and not the details. I never remember my dreams. Only things that strike emotions that cause me to remember whatever.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I read your other dream the other day when you posted and now just this.

I know you say you're not a Christian but are you feeling any prompting or urge to explore Jesus more for you in your life?

I personally believe we are in the last days regardless of how much longer the season endures. I say that because of the following bible verses, and I just query if it may apply to you and your dreams that you have had.....

Acts 2:17 - 21

17‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.

18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’

edit on 12-8-2013 by surrealist because: formatting

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
you dreampt of some NY pizza

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

That is very interesting. I'm still under a rock when it comes to faith though. I guess I should be studying the bible more and understand what the verses in ACTS you sent me mean.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Usually reoccurring dreams or reoccurring themes in dreams are areas of your life that you are having some frustration with. Houses, and being in them, is also something that usually is an internal thing, meaning the house you are in is yourself.

Talking to random people about random things suggests you have a very wide range of ideas that you think about a lot. You are a conversationalist, and have a lot of ideas and opinions on multiple subjects. Asking God forgiveness because you are about to sing (I believe it is you watching you) suggests that what you say sometimes, you feel might hurt peoples feelings, however, when you do so, it is for the best of the person, or groups of people you are addressing.

When you found yourself in a mansion, this is also you, internally, and you are talking to yourself about religion and faith, because somehow you find it frustrating and fascinating on either conscious or sub conscious level.

You view yourself internally as well organized and kind of grandiose, if that makes any sense. At least this is what I get from your dream and my own understanding of dream interpretation.

s&f

edit on 12-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Hello everyone. Earlier today I had a very weird, but interesting abstract dream. The reason I mention this is because it seems the dreams has many reoccurring themes in my other dreams. Those are: New York, family and friends, and of course emotions like spiritual. A few days ago I posted a thread about me going to church and having a spiritual transformation. Which is why this dream struck me. Because in this dream it wasn't me, but someone who looked identical to me.

The dream begins with me in New York. It's dark as the lights enable me to see everyone and everything within miles. I'm near by a school as everyone seems to knows who I am as we just talk about random things. This goes on for awhile as I'm soon at an alternative music club and notice someone who looks identical to me praying to God. He ask forgiveness as he is about to sing. When it's his time to shine he doesn't disappoint and everyone likes his singing.

However, we're somehow in a very different place. As I'm talking to him face-to-face in a marvelous mansion. A gigantic portrait of him and his family hang by the marble stairs. All I can remember is that we were discussing faith and Christianity. Then I awoke and forgot mostly everything.

Sorry if I'm just explaining the big picture and not the details. I never remember my dreams. Only things that strike emotions that cause me to remember whatever.

As God is my witness, and my wife is witness and would admit also -

You are talking about me.

And I have no idea why.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My wife got home from work. I made her read the OP without telling her that I responded. She said, "Why do I think that sounds like you?"

Then I scrolled down to my response.

She said, "That gave me chills."

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I'm a big dreamer & dream analyzer, and so I'd say that this directly relates to your waking life.
I'm going to attempt to analyze it, if you don't mind.

The person that looks like you and was praying is probably the part of you that is curious about religion. You in your dream probably represents the opposite... maybe skeptical? I personally am a believer, and so I would say this is a dream that God gave to you that is meant to be a call. By seeing the power of prayer and having a relationship with God, through your dream, it may be God's way of putting the ball in your court. Maybe it's His way of saying "I showed you what it's like. Now it's up to you to decide." Also, you mentioned singing? If you like to sing, then maybe God is saying that: 1) you can still be happy and have fun when you're a Christian, & 2) He wants you to enjoy life and will help you to accomplish your dreams/goals if you trust in Him and are trying to abide by His law.

I'm not sure if that's any help to you, but I feel like that's probably the best interpretation I could come up with, without consulting any dream symbol books or actually praying a lot about it. I just felt like it needed to be said.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hirahira

Thanks for the reply. I have always had weird dreams throughout my life. Religion playing a big role because how it relates to my life. Like Christianity. I don't know really much about dreams and what they mean to the dreamer, but I'll make sure to take your advice and understand if this is indeed a message from God or something else.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

That's crazy! I never imagined getting replies about my dream. Makes me wonder if dreams are more than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for the reply. When I studied dreams before it discussed the dreamers emotions and thoughts would affect how they dream. I wonder how my interest in religion and what no effected my dreams. I also would love to have a huge mansion. Which would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That's crazy! I never imagined getting replies about my dream. Makes me wonder if dreams are more than meets the eye.

Clearly you don't believe what I said.

I don't know how to find a way to prove to you. God will provide a way. If you feel led to say or do something a little weird, do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, I'm skeptical. Since I do not know you it's hard to picture what you said. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Of course I understand. I don't have any idea why someone I've never met would be dreaming about me. But I can't deny the facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yes, it's a mystery that's for sure. I have to look more into dreams and see why I dream what I dream. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yes, it's a mystery that's for sure. I have to look more into dreams and see why I dream what I dream. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Be extremely careful in your research on dreams. Most, if not all, information that you are going to read about dreams will seem true at first, and then it will be horribly wrong.

Been there, done that, as the saying goes. But maybe you should find out for yourself.

I do know that dreams are important, but the only way that I've learned anything from my dreams at all is directly from God and sometimes my wife has pretty good insight. I still have yet to meet another human being that actually gets dreams (and by gets, I mean understanding). There are some dream forums that I have attended, and even the Christian forums seem horribly wrong. They look very right, and they seem right, but they do not feel right, and I am inclined to follow that inclination. Especially since there is one Christian forum in particular which is the most busy Christian dream forum, and I don't think they understand what dream interpretation actually means. (Not to mention, they claim that everyone is allowed to give their idea of what a dream might be, but that no one really interprets, and that sometimes interpreters can be wrong, but I think that is weird.)

That being said, I am extremely inclined, and have been over and over again, to know that your dream is about me. And I have been thinking of it for the last couple of days and waiting for an answer. But maybe I should be more proactive in my search for an answer. I was given the indication that I would come to an understanding, but it has not happened yet.

Like I said, it would help me if you were inclined to say or do something that is against your usual nature. Not that you desire to say it, but that you think you are absolutely mad for even thinking it, feeling it, whatever the case may be.

Until then, I will further elaborate on how this dream is about me. But I still will not be able to answer "why".

Read in the next post.
edit on 8/14/2013 by TarzanBeta because: (and by gets, I mean understanding).

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

New York, the state in which I live; family and friends (everyone has family and friends, but my relationship with my family and friends, and also strangers that becomes friends and family, is unique for multiple reasons: 1) My real name is Tarzan, which always sets an interesting foundation for a relationship; 2) I am the only Christian I know that gets along with all of the "greater" Christians in the area, but those same "greater" Christians have a harder time getting along for long periods of time with each other. I am also the only Christian I know that is extremely wary, if not opposed to most of the members of the churches today. I am not opposed to the young people, but the adults I am not thrilled with. But the "greater" Christians I know, they go to whatever church is around them at the time, but they spend their days doing more of God's work than anything they do at their respective and seemingly random fellowships, which I desire not to entertain because the moment that I see something that is against Christianity occurring in a church, I would not be able to just sit by and watch it happen). Therefore, I have only strong bonds with a few people, but I get along with everyone, but I do not get along with the churches of any denomination at all; and most if not all pastors rub me the wrong way. OF course, I know better that God has provided teachers somewhere that are good, but I doubt highly that they exist within the saturday or sunday or wednesday services in these times. My family thinks I'm completely nuts, my wife's family thinks I'm completely nuts, and yet they never deny that most everything that I say is good and true. As insane as it sounds, most of the time, I have the answer, and it is good. Now I have spent a lot of time, especially the last two years, straying similarly to Solomon in his time. I somehow was convinced for a little while about some things that were not right, and I knew they weren't right, but they seemed right. It's hard to explain. But the point is that I was allowed to go through those experiences, and recent experiences still, for an EXCELLENT reason. Not that I should have strayed, but also that I should have strayed, or else I would not have better knowledge concerning the wisdom and the grace that is the Lord's. Also, I have learned more-so how the churches of men are failing so miserably, but that is for another time again.

Quite a preface, but also extremely short for all the information that would take me the same 2 years to type if I were to give all information that is relevant.

My God, My God. That's how I feel every time I read this paragraph. It's unbelievable still, but it's true. You dreamed about me, Tarzan!

In Saratoga Springs, NY, I walk the streets of Broadway. I play my acoustic guitar a lot, but I spend most of the time on the streets talking with everybody. I know most everyone that frequents the streets of Saratoga. Tourists are a different story, but I even make acquaintances of some of them (or maybe many of them). And we talk about EVERYTHING. From God to sciences to coffee to music to other towns... Now I usually walk Saratoga at nighttime, and the street lights light up everything. You can see far forwards and backwards, depending on which side of the strip you're on. Now Saratoga High School is not far from Broadway, it is just a short walk. And the road the high school is on is the beginning of the busy side of Broadway.

Continued in the next post.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Now there is an alternative music club in Saratoga called the Putnam Den. I play there as well. The radio station WEQX (102.7) now hosts the open mic events at Putnam Den. At any rate, when I play there, the place goes nuts. Bands will play, and will play well. People will dance. Many solo acts go up and do their thing and people clap. But when I go on stage, usually alone unless there is a guest with me, I am usually, and not every single time (and I should more often, really) praying, "God please let me play. Let me have peace so I can focus. Make my fingers work, make my voice work." And all the while, before, during, and after, I am CONSTANTLY thinking, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do, please forgive me. How am I always such a fool?" And in the middle of the song, or before notes, or even sometimes words that I feel like should change in the middle of the song even! I am praying to Him, let this, let that, or this change, that change, as I am performing.

And when I play, the place is silent. One man I know said to me, "When you play, their eyes and ears are locked on you."

And when I finish a song, there is excited applause from some and some simply just stare. And when I walk off of the stage, eyes follow me, as if there are strings attached from their eyeballs to me, and I can feel the tension tugging on me, and yet I flee still.

But that is my favorite place to perform, the Putnam Den.

Why we look alike, I'm not sure. But it seems like you're being me in the dream.

And we are in a very different place.

Now the marvelous mansion I do not have. I am not entirely sure whether that is a mansion which we will attain, or whether that mansion describes the house of God and my family is the means by which you learn to go up the stairs.

It seems to me... that you are supposed to hear of my experiences and that by my family you will learn to love God. Our experiences are like no one you have ever met. That I guarantee.
edit on 8/14/2013 by TarzanBeta because: More mentionables.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It's amazing the mysteries out there. This is not the first and probably not the only time I had dreamed where I or someone else was in a city I have never been in before in my life. New York being one of them. To be honest I find it crazy how close my dream is about your life. Your post make me think of faith and mystery. Is there a God sending messages to me in my dreams? Am I dreaming about people like you for some weird reason? Etc.

Who really knows and I just hope if it is a message from God I would understand what it means for me soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It's amazing the mysteries out there. This is not the first and probably not the only time I had dreamed where I or someone else was in a city I have never been in before in my life. New York being one of them. To be honest I find it crazy how close my dream is about your life. Your post make me think of faith and mystery. Is there a God sending messages to me in my dreams? Am I dreaming about people like you for some weird reason? Etc.

Who really knows and I just hope if it is a message from God I would understand what it means for me soon.

Your dream was just as much, if not more, a message for me.

God uses other people to interpret and to communicate for a reason. If I was gifted with every single ability (which sometimes, it does appear He manifests in me every single ability, which is another reason I am disliked) ALL the time, then there would be hardly a reason for me to interact with other people. I am not Jesus, I am not perfect, therefore, I am not perfect at keeping my mindset perfect. Therefore, when my mindset is not perfect, I must be empty of some gift that I may find it in someone else, therefore we make a connection, I learn more, possibly the other person learns more, and God is found within us and between us.

I went the entire circle of knowledge. I have been at all angles. I have explored all options. I have entertained all religions. I have explored all avenues of the churches of men and their respective belief systems.

I can tell you that I was wiser about God before men, but I was not aware of my wisdom. SO therefore, I had to go the entire full circle to appreciate the wisdom I once had; which increased my wisdom a hundred-fold in that I understand the application of it.

Now there are a few ways to learn to apply wisdom. You make many mistakes, and from those mistakes, if you are wise, you learn. Also, you watch other people make mistakes and they suffer consequences (which sometimes it is hard to judge whether those consequences are actually good or bad, even if they seem to be one or the other, because what is good is considered bad and what is bad is considered good, because we are limited and narrow); also, people can hurt you over and over and you learn to not be like that which harms you, if you can. Or, you can hurt other people ignorantly and learn from their pain that you caused how not to be.

As well, the interactions we have with others in the Spirit, in the spirits we have that are borrowed, between each other, we learn also the lessons of the animate and inanimate nature in which we live. Our bodies are a part of that nature, but our spirits are not. But the physical is a metaphor for the spiritual, and the spiritual also can be used as a metaphor for the physical.

So wisdom is not found in experiencing all things, but more-so in learning to apply what wisdom we have gained in one area metaphorically and also literally to all other aspects of life which we have yet to experience.

For example, work is good, not just for money, but more importantly, as a wonderful metaphor for how our spirit and our relationships work, and also for how the laws of the universe work.

When you are sweeping a floor, think of how getting all the edges, the underneaths, the nooks, the corners, the molding around the walls which traps the dust and garbage; the cracks in the floors, how they impede. And all the obstacles that create sections in the floor that would not otherwise exist if the floor plan was open. Now imagining doesn't always easily have the same effect as doing, because our minds are weak.

So I suggest to go sweep a floor. Seems an easy task, and really is compared to some things, but pay attention, in awe, as sweeping somehow feels tedious and taxing, when performed correctly.

Now how can sweeping the floor relate to how our spirit works, how the Spirit of God works, how our relationship with Him, or other people, how can this be applied? What are the similarities? For if you can sweep a floor properly, then you can fix all the other things to. If you can sweep a floor, you can clean glass. The techniques may seem different, the tools may seem different, but that is just our limited understanding; for it's all the same: Maintenance.

Maintenant is french for "now". Maintenance simply means constantly present.

When you sweep a floor, you don't dig in all the nooks every single day and get every single spot and fight desperately with a tooth brush for perfection. You perform very well, your tools hit every spot, but you must move on and get everything. Don't worry about ALL the small blemishes. Tackle one a day, for blemishes will always arise. Therefore you have a steady routine and you are not overtaxed and you are not out of time, and you are not resentful of the job.

This is the same as having a relationship with God, or your lover, or your friends. Maintenance, but forgiveness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join