It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Love Stone [AAC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You won't believe me, no matter how much I try to convince you, you won't believe what I am about to tell you.

I found this strange rock while I was in Texas. Not just any rock mind you, it was a love stone. What is a love stone you ask? Why it is a stone that holds a love story of course! It was the first time I have encountered one, in fact, before finding it, I had never heard of such a thing,and have not since.

Let me describe this rock to you, just so if you ever find it, you will hold onto it.

The rock itself does not look like anything special, it is about 3 inches long and about an inch wide, white in color,smooth and oval shaped. It has what appears to be yellow and blue lines that zig-zags across it's surface in no special pattern, in fact, it would look just like any other well rounded rock, except for one special property that I have never heard of before. It holds on to the memory of lovers who hold it in their hands.

When I first found this rock, it was just laying on the side of my sister-in-law's house.

We were visiting from Alaska and I had found it while standing outside, smoking a cigarette and staring at the ground wondering how Texas could be so hot.
I was not used to 119 degrees, and was making it a very fast smoke, when the rock caught my eye.

I am the type of person who can't help but examine everything, everywhere I go.

Texas had a lot of strange rocks, and for a couple of days, I was picking up every odd colored rock I could find outside the house and was making a small pile of rocks on the front porch. I had even found a few rocks that reminded me of toes and had set them out in a foot pattern, and this rock almost reminded me of the top of a foot, so I grabbed it.

As my hand reached down to touch the rock, my wife came around the side of the house and laughed at me. For a few minutes I stood there and smiled as she lovingly lectured me on the pile of rocks on the front porch. Apparently her sister was complaining that my small pile of rocks was getting bigger as the drainage system around their house made of rocks was getting smaller. I promised her I would put all of the rocks back before we left back to Alaska, but that I was just having some fun exploring the Texas ground. It was really strange to me, as Alaska does not have the same rocks as Texas. My wife laughed at me, called me a weirdo and then went back around the side of the house, leaving me to "play with my rocks".

I again reached down, and this time without interruption, picked up the oval shaped rock.

The first thing I noticed was that this rock was cool to the touch. I felt a chill as I put it in the palm of my left hand and it almost seemed like a cool breeze blew over me. I closed my eyes and allowed the cool air to circulate around me. It almost felt like it was going to rain. I opened my eyes again and the glare of the sun made me squint. Not a cloud in the sky I thought to myself. Strange to suddenly have such a change in temperature, maybe a storm is coming.

I looked down at the rock in my left hand and for some reason I put my right hand over the top of it and cuffed it in both palms. I don't know how else to explain the impulse to do this other than it just seemed like the thing to do. I again closed my eyes and was surrounded in cool darkness.

An image started to come into my mind, something I was familiar with, as for many years I had been practicing psychometry which is a psychic ability I had found I had a knack for many years earlier when I used to be a practicing psychic. This was a very strong image,
and unlike anything I had ever seen before.

I watched as this very fast story flashed in my mind. Image after image and experience after experience flashed before my closed eyes. This stone was taking me through it's history, farther and farther back in time I went, faster and faster, I watched as the ground around me rose and fell, fires swept by,water rushed under my feet and then was gone, all in reverse, faster and faster. The stone was changing as well, growing in shape and size, un-smoothing itself, and taking on a much more crystal like form as time went back farther and farther until everything suddenly stopped.

I dared not open my eyes as I was afraid to lose the vision, or maybe I was afraid of what I might see if I had opened them, either way, my eyes stayed closed and I allowed the vision to continue.

The sky was a darker blue, almost like late evening but I could smell surfer and heat, although I still felt cool and could feel cool air rushing around me I knew where ever I was seeing was very hot. In front of me was a cliff, and below was an ocean of lava. In the distance I could see what looked like small meteors splashing into the ocean of red and orange, and as each one would hit there was a loud thud and spray of orange and yellow.

I slowly drifted back from the edge of this cliff, not in control of where I was going, I almost seemed to be floating in my mind's eye.

Drifting backwards I could see two figures approaching the cliff. They were human in form, but seemed to be a bright white in color, and almost lit up their surroundings. They seemed to be made of light.

One of them held a crystal and handed it to the other, and I heard something almost like a cry or a heart pulling sigh,and they both held this crystal in their hands one on each end, and then they seemed to melt into each other, becoming one being. As they did this, they became brighter and brighter, to where if my eyes had been open, I would of closed them again, much like the Texas sun had caused me to do many times before.

As I watched in my mind's eye, more of these beings came drifting into view, almost surrounding these two beings. Had they not been on the edge of the cliff they would have been completely surrounded.

I could sense something was wrong, as the light that these two beings were shining became dimmer, and they seemed to separate back into their original forms, becoming two beings again, all while holding this crystal, which I began to recognize as the stone I held in my hand.

I heard a voice, a very dark voice in my mind. It was not talking, it was feeling,it was controlling,it was demanding that these two separate immediately and go back to work.

Around me my environment became more clear, and I could see ships floating in the air, gigantic towers of strange material built in strange configurations, huge machines plowing the earth and pumping odd colored mists into the air.

And I could feel sadness.

I looked back at the two figures at the edge of the cliff holding the crystal and I suddenly understood what I was seeing. My heart felt like it was tearing from my ribcage, the sadness was so strong, the feeling of control so deep, and the want to break free so desperate that I fell to my knees and began to weep as the two figures holding the crystal stepped off the edge and plunged into the glowing magma below.

Again I heard the voice, which was not a voice, demand that all return back to work. I felt the fear, the most controlling, soul pulling fear that I have ever felt before, and I watched as these light beings, with heads hanging low, went back to work, transforming the planet into Earth.

Suddenly I was moving forward in time again, faster and faster as the stone smoothed itself back down.

I opened my eyes, went back around the house, and set the stone on the pile,allowing it to finish the rock foot .

The End

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Darn it Dark- I wanted to give you the first star and flag, and someone else beat me to it by seconds!
A story as old as time itself, very nice. It makes me teary eyed.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Glad you liked it!

I tried to fit it all into one post. I probably could of gone into two or three, but short and sweet I figured is the way to go.

It is actually based on a rock I found....

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Haha well i beat ya to it littled, And watch this if ya dont believe me (dont worry i will give it you back darkblade
)..Darkblade that was a good story and i enjoyed it well done. It would take me months to do a story
..Good luck Sir

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Thanks Doc

Glad you liked it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I was mesmerized by your story, Darkblade. So rich, so compelling. So real, I could feel the rock in my hand, and the pain in my heart.

Well written...I look forward to more from you.

Des
edit on 11-8-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I can still feel that rock in my hands myself

Glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

From your posts..I almost want to think that this is a true story. I really enjoyed it. I started reading it yesterday...and it did bring tears to my eyes...my boy asked...why are your eyes so red, and I told him that a story I was reading was really good. I just finished it today and I gave ya a star and flag

Good luck friend

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Well, it is loosely based on a true story, or at least a rock I found in Texas. At the time when I held it, I called it my million dollar rock, because I kept coming up with these weird stories around this stone.

One of them was kind of a version of this story.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I probably should of worked on the ending a bit more, huh.

I guess that's what happens when you write off the top of your head.

Oh well, live and learn. Never entered a writing contest before.Hell, this is my first short story ever

edit on 17-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Got my SnF as well.

Great story, you deserve Writer Status.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you!

Glad you liked it!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I wish I had more time to write another story, but work has been crazy and I have been lazy...lol

This is a bump, as I am hoping to get a few more votes

new topics

top topics

join