It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian foreign minister tells US to behave 'like grown-ups"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If Russia wants to go to war with the U.S., it would easily crush it into the ground right now, and better for all of us if they did. The U.S. has completely lost the moral high ground and, in addition, its government is currently operating illegitimately because it is neither following the constitution or listening to their constituents, who give them their legitimacy as well.

Let's say Russia went to war with the U.S. Is everyone assuming the E.U. would be on our side? I wouldn't assume as much - I see no reason why they would be, they have already been trying to kick Monsanto out of their nations, and have already been hostile towards the U.S. for spying on their citizens and violating human rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep, that would be really cool if Putin were president here. He could kill journalists and whistleblowers he doesn't like with Polonium, and we could get all kinds of groovy anti-gay and anti-political protest laws passed too. Plus we wouldn't have to see pansy-@ssed Obama dancing and singing in mommy jeans anymore, but rather see a virile, shirtless Putin shooting all kinds of endangered species. Perhaps Putin can make a deal with Obama: swap Snowden for a fake Hawaiian birth certificate and planted, counterfeit newspaper microfiche with Putin's birth announcement in the Honolulu newspaper, so that he could run for President.

I think if you talked with some Russians, they wouldn't be quite so sanguine regarding Putin as a leader. His acting tough against Obama and supporting extreme, repressive laws against certain minorities' rights, as well as continued macho strutting is all to counter his poor handling of the Russian economy and related internal political issues.

I'm not saying I am against how Putin handled Obama on this matter, but wishing to have Putin as a leader might be something akin to a Brit in 1939 wishing they had Hitler as head of state, rather than Neville Chamberlin, because he was a strong leader. Oops, I pulled the Godwin's law card. Doh!

edit on 11-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I wish Putin was an American. He's strong. He is capable. He knows what he's doing. He doesn't take any crap from anyone. He doesn't blink. He's no wimp. He doesn't back down and he doesn't give his country away. Obama on the other hand .... well ... :shk:

Yeah

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If Putin had kept his shirt on I'd have more respect for him. He's getting divorced so I suspect his nakedness was an ad for women.

Maybe he's having a mid-life crisis.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Once again Russia is making the US 'leaders' look like fools.kI

Considering who is presently at the helm that's not too hard to accomplish

imho of course.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's most amazing to me is that our mainstream media can't even spin this because it's so obvious. No matter what you attempt with this it still comes out with Putin on top. The best spin is to say well Russia does this too... but we don't have a Russian Snowden on hold with news stories about him 24-7 to parade about. So by default we're looking like asshats.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
If Russia wants to go to war with the U.S., it would easily crush it into the ground right now, and better for all of us if they did. The U.S. has completely lost the moral high ground and, in addition, its government is currently operating illegitimately because it is neither following the constitution or listening to their constituents, who give them their legitimacy as well.

Let's say Russia went to war with the U.S. Is everyone assuming the E.U. would be on our side? I wouldn't assume as much - I see no reason why they would be, they have already been trying to kick Monsanto out of their nations, and have already been hostile towards the U.S. for spying on their citizens and violating human rights.

I doubt Russia would win. Russia, unlike the United States, has a military primarily focused on defense and not power projection. The United States Navy, with their ten aircraft carriers, would likely be able to beat the Russian Navy on numbers alone (and I doubt the Russian Navy's hardware has entirely recovered from the post-Soviet collapse anyway.)

Russia might be able to put the hurt on the US by attacking its assets overseas, but I don't think they'd be able to touch North America.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Once again Russia is making the US 'leaders' look like fools.kI

As an American citizen I want to make it clear to the rest of the world that those people who were Selected to represent us do NOT represent the average American citizen.

Sure they do... Like it or not, Obama was voted in, twice. Maybe after the first time, four years into it, the American ppl would have seen what they were getting and decided Not to extend his reign... but that's not what happened.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I wish Putin was an American. He's strong. He is capable. He knows what he's doing.

So you want a controlling, power-hungry, ex-KGB schemer, who does dirty deals with the oligarchy, has nor respect for human rights and is known to throw childish temper tantrums, to be your leader?

Good grief.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

Unless the american people side with them because their own govt has become so oppressive and dysfunctional.

The Russian propaganda joo joo is strong

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathaka

I wish Putin was an American. He's strong. He is capable. He knows what he's doing.

So you want a controlling, power-hungry, ex-KGB schemer, who does dirty deals with the oligarchy, has nor respect for human rights and is known to throw childish temper tantrums, to be your leader?

Good grief.

Except for the "ex-KGB schemer"-part that can be said for most of our "elected elite", no? The only difference being that Putin cares a lot less about keeping it secret.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Oh wait.

Are you saying that Obama has balls? I have serious doubts about that.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathaka

Isn't that what we have now?

Obama is just like any other dictator, and believe me when I say he is a dictator.

He is like a child dictator. Have you seen the fits he throws when he doesn't get his way? Someone needs to spank him.

I wouldn't mind to much if it was Putin.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Yes indeed Putin is a man of steel. Not sure he's the man if ya fancy a wild night out!. But as a leader or someone you would want in your trench in a war..

I seriously wish he was an American and we had him in the White House instead of Obama.
Putin Pictures - The dude looks like he could be the next James Bond.

I-Is he swimming... with sharks?!

Yes, yes he is.

They do not bite one another out of professional courtesy.

edit on 2013/8/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I recall the Cold War very well, and the USSR was supplying every little brushfire war revolutionary guerrilla group with weapons. I would not be surprised if they did the same thing here at some point in the not too distant future.

After all, our current leadership is sending all our good crap to Mexico, and making it damn near impossible to get it here at home!

Gimme a call, Vlad. We'll have a couple of beers and do some networking. I know we've had some differences in the past, but I think we can reach an agreement these days. BTW, Grusha sends her love.

P.S. leave that goddamned bear at home for the visit. It'll ruin the carpet.

edit on 2013/8/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I usually agree with almost everything you post, Mr. Inquisitive, so don't take offense here but...

The tiger in the Putin photos is not dead. It was only tranquilized. If I remember the original article correctly, I think it was being tagged by the conservation sanctuary people. Putin is a very active conservationist and he doesn't care much for hunting at all. He does go fishing.

Russians are naturally cynical about anybody in power- they come well enough by it, given their history. Even still, Putin is genuinely popular and has been doing a great deal of good for that country. No- it's not paradise, but it's a whole lot better than it was, and seems to be getting better all the time.

Meanwhile, things are going from bad to worse here in the USA. I think I'd vote Putin myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He thinks we behave like children eh?
This means warrRRR!!! He cant say that and get away with it... I think we should nuke them. Russia is not in USA, why does he think he should be able to have free speech?
edit on 11-8-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have to ask...and this is a fiery statement, would the Russians act this way if Bush was in office? Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Moscow, Tehran to sign agreement on building new nuclear power plant

rt.com...

I would say things are heating up quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
I have to ask...and this is a fiery statement, would the Russians act this way if Bush was in office? Just a thought...

Pft...grow up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join