It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Violence Vs. The War in Afghanistan, Which Killed More Americans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Sweet HOME CHICAGO!~

A great City! Awesome people! Err... Well most of us... And walk down the wrong street.... Well... You just may become a statistic to put it lightly....

A little sensationalistic... Still a very scary one at that....

Thank you for putting this up Austus... And just so you know.... During me typing this on the Southside of Chicago... Another shooting just occured

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
A little sensationalistic... Still a very scary one at that....

I know, but sometimes you need to 'market' your thread.

During me typing this on the Southside of Chicago... Another shooting just occured

So, as a native Chicagoan, what is your sentiment on the media's portrayal of the violence and the overall impact of Chicago's draconian gun laws?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The number of American casualties in the Middle East, both Iraq and Afghanistan, top 6000 so you are being a bit misleading in selecting what statistics you use.

Faces of the Fallen

6,668 U.S. service members have died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom

Not to mention, over this same time period over 2,000 active duty service members have taken their own lives.

Rising Suicides Stump Leaders

Defense Department statistics indicate that since January, 2001, 2,293 active-duty service members have taken their own lives, including the ones who never deployed overseas.

So the comparison is more like 7000 to 5400 in favor of the wars in the Middle East.
edit on 9-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
The number of American casualties in the Middle East, both Iraq and Afghanistan, top 6000 so you are being a bit misleading in selecting what statistics you use.

The title is quite clear. It says 'Afghanistan". If someone (you) does not understand that then there really is not much else I can do to help you.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sunday, August 9, 2015

Even before the start of Sunday morning worship services today, 35 people (incl. several children) had been shot within Chicago city limits over the past 48 hours. It's amazing how nonchalant it's all become. Local T.V. nightly news doesn't even report on the shootings any longer...unless it's 3 or more shot at the same time.
edit on 8/10/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join