It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual aid to help put to rest the "Black Knight" photos.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
JimOberg and Phage have already debunked the "Black Knight" photographs which are actually photos from the 1998 Space Shuttle mission STS-88. Yet, people continue to post in this: www.abovetopsecret.com... thread and others, still questioning. The object is a trunnion pin cover that got loose from the mission. Thanks to the videos uploaded by JimOberg, I've taken stills and compared them to the shuttle photos. In case you don't believe these are all the same object, notice there's a common 90 degree angle with cut-out flaps on one side and a smooth edge on the other. The exception is the first set of photos because of the angle of the cover. Hopefully this will help further put a lid on this:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, I have heard and read about this for a long time and taken into consideration both cases (A. It IS the "BKS" and B. its the part you just described in the OP)

This is the first time I see these comparison pictures. And I have to say, I don´t see the resemblance. I mean, I really tried, but I just cant make it out. It aint that I dont want to see it, because I am open to whatever it might be, be it the "BKS" or a spaceshuttle part. But this is not proof enough for me to make the other case stronger than the other.

But in a more "logical" POV, it´s more likely to be a spaceshuttle part. But this aint the proof for me.

But thanks so much for your effort into the OP. S&F

By the way, why is the colour of the object black in the "BKS" photos, and white in the shuttle detail photos?

edit on 7-8-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8
Hopefully this will help further put a lid on this:

I think we all know what this is really "putting a lid on"

I wanted to add that your thread pretty much nails it. There is no denying that it's a piece of our own junk. Good job.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

You lost me at ... Jim oberg and phage

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nice comparison find, yet I didn't find any real identification for this. If you look at the each picture segment, there are different pictures and different objects corresponding laterally...which DO NOT show a point for point direct comparison.

In other words, there are parts of the Dark Knight compared to totally different objects on the left and on the right. In my humble opinion, this thread fails to debunk the mysterious object in question.

Nice try Ecto*

edit on 7-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit note in yellow

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Humm...why debunk what could be a satellite...??? But anyway, I don't see how a few objects with a few similar angles translates to the what folks are calling the Black Night...this guy is taking images of somewhat oblong and rectangular objects and trying to connect them to one image? I would love to see it and I could care less if it's a top secret satellite or not but I'm just not seeing the resemblance...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Judging from your history of both posting and creating your own threads...seems you are on here to debunk so I get where you are coming from.....keep at it...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Yep, me too.

Usual Obi Wan Kenobi answers like "You see the glint from a toilet seat" ..............."I see the glint from a toilet seat"

Do not work here. Fed up of "make it fit" answers.

Grrrrr.

Still, I gonna wait for " CaptainBeno, Obi Wan Kenobi was a fictional character.....bla blab bla"

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Wow, thank you for doing your research. I will admit I do see the resemblence, and so far you have given a better explanation than anyone else on the subject. I mean, if it were a UFO per say, I have yet to see a single plausible explanation as to what it could even resemble aside from your theory. Keep up the good work! S & F for you, and your work.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

How about this. The explanation shows a white object.

The "Dark Knight" is, well, black?

Ahem.

Did it change colour when it "fell off"

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Add in the comments directly from Jerry Ross, the guy who actually dropped it and watched it drift away.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nice desperate thread to get attention.. But Im not seeing it either. As one of the top posters replied; its not that I dont want to see it, as yes it is most likely parts from a shuttle - but this is terrible comparisons.

I thought that black knight photos were earlier then '88? Maybe Im mistaken though.

No stars and flags from me, for this poor attempt though

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Im sure lighting and perspective are playing a huge factor in this. I'm at work, and can't upload pics, but I do see more similiarities than the OP pointed out between the two.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

So you say it is a terrible comparison, and then go on to admit that it could very well be from a shuttle mission?

Nice desperate thread to get attention.. But Im not seeing it either. As one of the top posters replied; its not that I dont want to see it, as yes it is most likely parts from a shuttle - but this is terrible comparisons.

And instead of bringing anything to the table to campaign your doubt, you just call the OP Desperate for attention... Which would make your argument Ad hominem.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Oh sure, i get the whole perspective thing, shadow, light etc.

But, Astronauts (clothing made of similar colour and type of material) don't appear black when in photographs do they?

I don't know maybe they do, but I haven't seen any "Black suit coloured" astronauts?

Sigh..........I fear I have just opened a larger can

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I don't know. I mostly linger on this site, and poke my head up occassionally. I would guess that there are tons of variables that us simple minded folk don't take into consideration when judging something we normally wouldn't dare examine and comment on. I would say the lack of atmosphere could play a role and also the positioning of the sun in the images. My uneducated guess would be that there is no other objects around to reflect light, therefore causeing a heavier shadow... Key word uneducated...
If that makes sense..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Noo! You're right, don't think like that......always question!!!

Just that this "seems" to be a square peg, round hole explanation offered up.

it's not always a "If it looks like, smells like, feels like" explanation.

Keep up the good work buddy. Question question question............everything.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Looks good to me. Certainly a more reasonable explanation than an Alien spaceship. (everyone knows they are round saucers!!

It would be nice to know the size of the cover. The dark image may be because it is close to the Shuttle and in the shuttle's shadow, so probably against the white atmosphere, it looks black. Or conversely, the Sun may be shining from behind the cover, and again the white background is much brighter, so the object appears black.
Even the "White" picture of the cover shows dark grays in the creases and shadows of it.

Case closed? On these photographs anyway......

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You really should have posted the video, once you see it floating, spinning and twisting around it becomes obvious that it's the same object in the STS 88 photos.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I now see what folks are talking about and I believe you guys are correct, who would have thunk it...thanks for the video as it helps me get an idea of what the pictures were referring to....case has been solved...bravo folks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join