It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am just curious?? And it would be real helpful if.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Our valued members would read the post before starring and flagging. The front page is littered with garbage cuz, someone may have read an enticing headline but if they would have read on....they would have realized it was just crap, that is not worthy of place on the front page.

Seriously, I want to scream right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I guess your going to have to just scream.

People can't help themselves. They see a headline that they "Think" is headline news for ATS and they bust their @$$es to get it posted. Sometimes I think that they are in such a hurry to get a thread started that they don't even read the article.

What I find interesting is that people look everywhere for news before they look on ATS and that would account for probably 75% of posts that are duplicated. Sometimes 2-3 or even more times, and sometimes even days later we are seeing duplicate posts.

This is just something that is going to happen. It is in their nature to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Talk about a mountain out of a molehill

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, stars and flags are free, so if people want to give them away to unworthy posts, it is their choice....which is exactly why I didn't star and flag yours. A small paragraph complaining about how members reward other members is simply sour grapes.

The best way to raise the bar is by doing it yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Dude, I was not pimping myself out for flags and stars. I am complaining about the stars and flags on a post that claims Al Queda can now make bombs out of their clothes?

Don't even reply. I really don't care.

That crap is embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Whatever, I am making a big deal out of nothing. I feel like complaining. At least I am over here in the rant section. Did I mess up your day?? Or did you just drive by to roll your eyes at me??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Or did you just drive by to roll your eyes at me??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Figures. Find a life. Take up a hobby. Go swimming. There is so much more gratifying things for you to do than to make a u-turn and come back to this thread.

So what do you think about that??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Im actually at work with nothing better to do but watch you cry about flags and stars

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Did you see any waterworks?? Seriously, you must like me. Am I your type??

edit on 7-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Im actually at work with nothing better to do but watch you cry about flags and stars

Hey - the boss wants to see you in his office.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sometimes i read about half way down then just quit it urrrggggg. No stars and flags for those type of posts from me

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
The front page is littered with garbage cuz, someone may have read an enticing headline but if they would have read on....they would have realized it was just crap, that is not worthy of place on the front page.

If this were indeed the case, members have the option to "un-flag" threads

edit on 7-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Our valued members would read the post before starring and flagging. The front page is littered with garbage cuz, someone may have read an enticing headline but if they would have read on....they would have realized it was just crap, that is not worthy of place on the front page.

Seriously, I want to scream right now.

Its the "garbage" on the front page that gets people talking and that is the point of a forum.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yeah! S & F for you!

*EDIT* Oh, and now that I read your OP ...
edit on 8/9/2013 by Baddogma because: Crafting unnecessary joke that's too obvious and only funny to me

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not sure what this is about but I am going to flag and star the s... out of this.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah, and it irritates me that people who have only been signed up on the forum for less than a year, have multiple times the stars and flags that I do from just spamming anything they see in the news on here. Yeah and the whole pandering to the people by telling them what they want to hear in threads..

For the almighty star.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Yeah, and it irritates me that people who have only been signed up on the forum for less than a year, have multiple times the stars and flags that I do from just spamming anything they see in the news on here. Yeah and the whole pandering to the people by telling them what they want to hear in threads..

For the almighty star.

So, if you have been here less than a year, you shouldn't like things because you agree with it or like it? Um....ok. Get to the back of the bus, short timers!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Ha ha. I laughed out loud. Good one. Love a guy with a sense of humor

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Check this dude: You have to say something interesting or at least something that has merit.

Don't hate.

Trust and believe my leanings are not those of the majority of this club they call ATS.

I am always getting picked on.

You don't hear me whining about stars and flags.

I am getting my butt kicked on 5 different threads right now.

Come join me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join