It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Hoped For a Girl, Gets 12th Baby Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Family Hoped For a Girl, Gets 12th Baby Boy

Can you imagine?! Twelve boys running around the house?

That has to be some special mother to deal with having that many boys... or that many kids at all!

Yet, the dad says they are going for number thirteen in hopes of having a girl.
What? Seriously, Dude?!

I have a cousin that had six girls before finally having a boy. Lucky number seven.

I hope lucky number thirteen works out for these two. That poor woman!

I vote, since dad wants to keep trying, he volunteer to have the next one! Maybe donate his body to science to make it happen.

It’s a boy! Again.
Kateri and Jay Schwandt of Rockford, Mich., welcomed their 12th baby into the family last week. A brood of now — count 'em — 12 boys.
“We didn't know what he would be when he was first born,” a smiling Kateri Schwandt told the local NBC News station. “We don't find out. It's always a boy, but it's always a surprise."
Tucker Ray Schwandt was born on Aug. 4 — the newest sibling among the other boys ranging in age up to 21 years old.
Amazingly, dad Jay says he’s not opposed to having more kids. He says maybe the 13th “will be the charm” that gets the family a girl.

Watch the video for more on this story: news.yahoo.com...
edit on 8/7/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow! 12 boys

Well I hope they get the girl they want & deserve. Good luck to them!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Meet the new Duggar family! I wonder if they hold similar beliefs or they just like having kids. To be honest I don't understand how two people can have that many kids over the years. Sounds like a lot of hard work and head aches.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

They must be rich! Can you imagine the cost to put them all through college?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

They have a football team and one second string player.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
When you've got enough kids to make Nadya Suleman jealous? It might be time to stop.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

right.

give the lady a break already!

(she is so gross...
)
edit on 7-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just found out last Thur what my wife and I are having for our first child, (its a girl). Im freaking over just one, i couldnt imagine 12 kids!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by Phoenix267

Hell can you imagine their grocery bill??

Or clothes?

Kudos to them ...

Must have money to maintain such a large family.

On the bright side, at least they will have 12 boys to carry their name on.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vip867
I just found out last Thur that my wife and I are having for our first child, (its a girl). Im freaking over just one, i couldnt imagine 12 kids!

Hey, that's great.......

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Poor lady. Going through all those births, and still no one to help her when she gets old.
I mean, there are some things a woman doesn't want her son doing for her, ya know? This woman deserves some kind of reward, right?

I think I'd tell my husband to go have the next one himself too, Sled.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Heck, just imagine the grocery bill, especially when in their teens....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Great Scotts McFly!!!
Talk about a Lineage that will live on for Generations... I mean Congratz... But

If I was that dad... I might be like.... OK Son's! We now have a Football team.... Hockey Team... Baseball Team... It's time to start my plan for Sports Domination!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sounds just as lopsided as my family.

I am the first son on the 4th try.

I have 7 nieces and 2 nephews.

But damn, 12 in a row? That's insane.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Nope, couldn't do it!
I would have seriously considered sewing that thing up after number 3 or 4- but 12?

Now I know why some married women run away and join convents!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

12?!? Whew!

My great grand-parents raised 7 boys. After hearing the stories from my mom's childhood I can say that the first grand-daughter to be born into that family will probably be treated like a princess. My mom's uncles & grandfather spoiled her rotten.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wonder Y?
I wonder....Y?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
That woman needs to give her uterus a break before it starts looking like hamburger down there.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The problem for human beings is we only see what we want to see and desire what we don't.

A friend of mine has 8 siblings, so including herself there are 9 girls in the family. Because her dad wanted a boy. Our neighbor - A's hubby wanted to have 12 children, she agreed. The other side of neighbor - B stabbed at her back by making fun of A and telling our neighborhood that A is treated as a baby making machine. ( Not kind at all in my opinion ). Another young couple amongst my circle want a child so much that they tried whatever scientific methods to conceive a baby and now they are at their wits' end. She becomes so jealous of her circle friends who have kids and claimed that God is so unfair........

13 children?????? Wow, it's definitely not for me. Well, I might be selfish on carrying on a non-children policy between m.p. and me. Imagining that the hard works I would have to do as a parent just puts me off. I admire and praise those who ( including my own parents) raise more than one kids and also those adoptive parents help kids who desperately need love and cares. Bravo!!!

I think I might have Having-Children-phobia ( sorry, it's not a proper word but hope you do know what I mean ). Is there anyone who could tell me what enjoyments you get by having child/ren opposed to responsibilities, worrying, discipline, anxiety, PND, etc......

top topics

join