It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO To Launch Nationwide Investigation into Planned Parenthood

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by ButterCookie

How do you propose that Planned Parenthood "screen" for "legitimate" rape and incest?

Not sure, but I never said that they screened in the first place. You did.

So share with us: how do they screen?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What I said is that they use tax payer funding for health screening. That means breast and cervical cancer, STD's etc. I've already posted those statistics twice in this thread. Do I need to post them again for you?

edit on 7-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What I said is that they use tax payer funding for health screening. That means breast and cervical cancer, STD's etc. I've already posted those statistics twice in this thread. Do I need to post them again for you?

How can we be 100% certain that all those 'statistics' are REALLY accurate ?

They futz around with the money accounting right ?

That means the likely futz around with everything else.

There ARE criminal elements involved. All are professionals.

How do we know that abortion money isn't tabbed somewhere else ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by windword

This issue isn't about eugenics.

It was from Sanger's angle.

Who cares what Sanger's opinions were? The fact is, Planned Parenthood has helped many, many women who otherwise would have been left out in the cold.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nooooo....

You ALSO said (and by the way, ALSO means 'in addition to') that Planned Parenthood ONLY uses taxpayers funds to pay for the abortions of rape victims and incest victims....

Remember???

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I never said anything about PP doing screenings to find out if women were really were raped or the victim of incest. The screenings that I was referring to, and the screening mentioned in the link and the statistics I posted were in regard to medical screenings for cancer, pap smears and STDs, etc.

What point are you trying to make?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

O...m..g....

Here is your quote:

"Whatever! Planned Parenthood uses tax payer fund to pay for health screenings. The only abortions that PP assists with the costs of are abortions that are the result of incest and rape. "

I now ask you to share with us how PP determines rape or incest.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Who cares what Sanger's opinions were? The fact is, Planned Parenthood has helped many, many women who otherwise would have been left out in the cold.

I understand that you don't mind if the group was founded by a person that had a goal of removing blacks from America's gene pool....

But that doesn't mean that no one else opposes that.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I understand that you don't mind if the group was founded by a person that had a goal of removing blacks from America's gene pool....

But that doesn't mean that no one else opposes that.

If Hitler started an organization in the 1930's that fed the homeless, would we want to end that organization now and leave them to starve, just because Hitler started it?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I now ask you to share with us how PP determines rape or incest.

I don't know. Are you one of those people who think that there is a such thing as "legitimate" rape and incest, and that the woman's body has a mechanism to "shut down" when under attack?

Women are not required to report rape and incest to the police. Neither does the law require that you must report a mugging. If you are the victim of scam, the law doesn't require you to report that either.

When I was eight, I was sexually assaulted. After a spanking, because I was was a filthy little whore, my parents decided to called the police. I was probed by countless doctors and required to repeat my experience, and confront my attacker and his lawyer, dozens of times over a period of months. When I was 20, I was raped, and given my experience as a child, I didn't report my rape.

What do you expect Planned Parenthood to do, parade a rape victim or a incest victim in front of police and court rooms? Should they be required to put that victim up for public scrutiny?

edit on 8-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"Only whores get STD's"..............
And the wives of those who buy the whores......

I'm kind of offended that some here think that if one happens to visit one of these clinics, they must be a whore!!!
The pregnancy tests that were done after I conceived two of my kids were done at these clinics.
I've had many pap smears done at these clinics.
I've gotten birth control pills at these clinics!!
I've been with the same patner for 35 years!! All my kids have the same father!! I am no whore!! What I am is not as financially gifted as some of yous might be and I am a women!!!
If your position was so strong so righteous, you wouldn't have to demonize a whole gender, a whole class of people for it to stand. It would stand on it's own merits!

Take some time to go really look at just what your federal, state, and local governments are wasting money on!

Planned Parenthood receives millions of dollars in government funding annually. The amount escalates every year. If we are to make a serious attempt to lessen Planned Parenthood’s influence on our communities or country, we must put a stop to the flow of government money into its coffers. You can be instrumental in achieving that goal in your community. Read The Plan and click on Government to learn how to do just that.

www.stopp.org...

Millions??? That's a drop in the bucket when you consider the amount that has been spent to bail out the banks, it doesn't even come close to the money that has been spent destroying other countries in needless wars!! What the heck, poor, poor detroit in it's bankrupted state can dish out over $400 million for a new hockey arena and have less people griping about it!!!
New $444 million hockey arena is still a go in Detroit
money.cnn.com...

And, the goal of this griping is made clear in that quote! It's to lesson the influence of Planned Parenthood on the communities and country! Just what influence is that?? Less STD"s infections running rampant through the population?? Less pregnancies going longer without treatment?? Less cancers being discovered too late??
Oh, what a horrible influence it has on the society!!!

How many of "highly esteemed" politicians and those in high office have been brought down by the revelation of their habit of buying the services of a prostitute? Yous mention the whores, why don't you mention the clients of those whores, aren't they benefitting from the planned parenthood clinics who are doing the STD testing also? Not to mention thier wives, and possibly children if they are concieved while one of them are infected?

While they are investigating Planned Parenthood, can they also investigate those "Faith Based" groups that are getting up to half their funds if not more from the gov't. And we can compare the results and see just how much money is being diverted to things that it shouldn't be diverted to and how much fraud is going onby each group?
edit on 8-8-2013 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You have totally lost the focus of my points somehow.

I never once stated that women have never been raped or impregnated by incest (molestation). Never,

I simply said that Planned Parenthood does not verify these incidents when they allot funding for abortions. That is all.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

How odd that you bring up the NRA...

I was a member for most of my life, prior to about 1990... I didn't like the direction they were going, and I gave up my membership... Just recently, I've given some thought to rejoining...mostly in the wake of all the noise for draconian control measures...

There is some truth to what you said... Freely admit it. I just find it ironic that this organization that so many to my left support was founded by a bigot of the first order...

They do some good things... ...and some that I am not fond of.

I have issues with abortion on demand... I've never made a secret of that. I don't voice it often, 'cause I'm a male, and ultimately it's not my decision to make. It has effected me in a most profound way, and no, I'm not going to discuss it...it's still much too raw.

It doesn't really change the fact that it's not my call...

So we support organizations that do things we like... That same organization may also do things we don't like.

Which out weighs the other? Up to you to make that call...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I simply said that Planned Parenthood does not verify these incidents when they allot funding for abortions. That is all.

How do you think they should be verifying these claims?

You seem to be all for defunding their clinics, based on some group's accusations that they are committing fraud, groups who are shouting that tax payer funds are being used for the wrong kinds of abortion. So, prove it! Prove to me that undeserving women are receiving abortions!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Its not my argument to make...its yours.

YOU are the one to say that PP ONLY performs tax funded abortions for rape and incest victims. I asked how is it that they verify this, and now you are asking me to tell you...

Well since you want me to speculate, I would say that PP should verify the rape/ molestation crime through the police department.

And in the incest cases, these should also be classified as either rape or child molestation, and not two consenting adults.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Nope. It's the GAO's problem. They must prove proof that the abortions that Planned Parenthood provided were given to undeserving parties.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join