It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google blocks Iranian Press TV Youtube Channel, freedom of speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Google has prevented Press TV from accessing its Youtube page, causing a large number of viewers and subscribers to contact the channel to find out what has happened.

"We have not been able to upload any new videos since early Thursday," said Press TV newsroom director, Hamid Reza Emadi, adding that Google has disabled the channel's account without giving any explanation. "Viewers keep emailing Press TV asking why the page is not being updated," he said.

www.presstv.ir...

YouTube or JewTube, you decide...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So why don't they just upload their videos on regular accounts ? O_O

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
So why don't they just upload their videos on regular accounts ? O_O

They opened a new account I think but they lost all subscribers.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A good way to stop anyone seeing any untoward attacks and their devastation were they, of course, to happen.
Hope they open a new way. Censorship should not be allowed in politics and Iran has a new President who may well have been able to make inroads and he is not obviously going to be given a chance.

Its OK reading Iran this and Iran that, but there are millions of innocent people in that country who don't deserve to live on the edge of a cold war which has been operating for years. Apart from her obvious enemy Israel, she also has a terrific threat from|Saudi the Sunni Muslim leader which has now become a two pronged problem because of her oil and Saudi thinking that with fracking their wealth will be compromised, so any other oil competition will be fair play.

They are an old culture, older than most and something stinks about the nastiness aimed at this one country.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

I read recently (in the past couple of weeks; not sure when and don't have the info at hand) of a number of carriers blocking and dropping PressTV. It's clearly a systematic attempt to shut them up.

Not so much a matter of "too much truth," one might say, but a matter of enough truth to make some powerful people uncomfortable.

And, of course, to properly villainize them we can't have them speaking truth to power—or even defending themselves. They have to be isolated like a rabid dog, as it were.

But yeah, Google is now part of the US Dept. of State, you know: The Banality of 'Don't Be Evil' by Julian Assange....
edit on 8/6/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Sonny2

I read recently (in the past couple of weeks; not sure when and don't have the info at hand) of a number of carriers blocking and dropping PressTV. It's clearly a systematic attempt to shut them up.

edit on 8/6/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

They have been already blocked in US and UK. And guess who controls US and UK government

YouTube should be renamed to JewTube.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

This is not surprising at all,they started couple of years ago by taking Press TV off the satellite net works and now You tube...It is ironic that the country which passionately advocates freedom of speech and human rights is the most preventive force against both and can not tolerate criticisms of a serious nature to be widely exposed....Press TV and RT are the only two international outlets left to explore the other sides of the politics,although they are not totally unbiased but at least they represent the untold stories no one hears otherwise every once in a while. To not tolerate them is a childish act that causes more popularity and more fans for Press TV around the world....It also proves the obvious western double standards once again.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

Google even does not allow me to search ATS !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It is a bit rich for PressTV, the mouthpiece of the Iranian authority, to complain about Google, when they avidly censor and restrict access to Google from within Iran, not to mention hack Gmail accounts of Iranian nationals etc.

Personally, I welcome this type of reactive / punitive action by Google. If Iran wants a level playing field, then they know what they should do! They can stop by being so righteous – I am surprised so many (so called) informed people on Boards like these, are suckered in by the likes of PressTV and in so doing appear sympathetic to PressTV's masters.

Regards

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

It is a bit rich for PressTV, the mouthpiece of the Iranian authority, to complain about Google, when they avidly censor and restrict access to Google from within Iran, not to mention hack Gmail accounts of Iranian nationals etc.

So you prefer the mouthpieces of the Qataris and Saudis news outlets then?
i still see that your seeing Iran as the bad evil wolf ?

when they avidly censor and restrict access to Google from within Iran, not to mention hack Gmail accounts of Iranian nationals

Thats for a good reason to. Its to prevent an NGO supported uprising as the one in Syria.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Agreed. PressTV is just getting back what it dishes out.
This is no big loss. PressTV sucks. It isn't 'news'. It's just propaganda. So I don't care.
If google starts hitting things that matter ... then I'll care. PressTV doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Press TV is propaganda like fox news and cnn and all the other 'news' outlets in the world. We should hear everyone's propaganda rather than only one sided propaganda.... at least then we can perhaps discern what the middle might be!

Just in case you thought you are only getting the truth from your chosen news outlets:

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Thought this might be helpful for those who do not believe in disinformation.

www.nytimes.com...

"The Pentagon is developing plans to provide news items, possibly even false ones, to foreign media organizations as part of a new effort to influence public sentiment and policy makers in both friendly and unfriendly countries, military officials said.

Little information is available about the Office of Strategic Influence, and even many senior Pentagon officials and Congressional military aides say they know almost nothing about its purpose and plans. Its multimillion dollar budget, drawn from a $10 billion emergency supplement to the Pentagon budget authorized by Congress in October, has not been disclosed.

Headed by Brig. Gen. Simon P. Worden of the Air Force, the new office has begun circulating classified proposals calling for aggressive campaigns that use not only the foreign media and the Internet, but also covert operations."

-The public outcry against this was so strong the pentagon publicly stated this office was shutting down. However, Donald Rumsfeld is on record stating;

www.fas.org...

Rumsfeld:

"And then there was the office of strategic influence. You may recall that. And "oh my goodness gracious isn't that terrible, Henny Penny the sky is going to fall." I went down that next day and said fine, if you want to savage this thing fine I'll give you the corpse. There's the name. You can have the name, but I'm gonna keep doing every single thing that needs to be done and I have."

-the DOD website has since removed this transcript from their site, the transcript in the above link was copied directly from their site before it was taken down... If you go to this link www.defense.gov... you can see that the article is in the archives section of the official DOD website but if you click the link it comes up as a removed page

articles.latimes.com...

The article (link above) was written by an LA Times military affairs analyst after the shut down of the office of strategic influence and subsequent comments made by Rumsfeld. The author of this article is not stupid, he knew about the closing of the office of strategic influence and exactly what Rumsfeld said, this is the LA Times, not some fly by night newspaper, this proves that the comments were in fact made by Rumsfeld, and serious military analysts believed this was still an ongoing operation.

The Military's New War of Words

"In a policy shift that reaches across all the armed services, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and his senior aides are revising missions and creating new agencies to make "information warfare" a central element of any U.S. war. Some hope it will eventually rank with bombs and artillery shells as an instrument of destruction."

-Since 2002 mainstream media is absolutely silent about these programs. Since that time however, we have found disinformation throughout mainstream media reports, all siding with US government agenda. We are also finding more and more journalists loosing their employment for speaking against government policy.

The mainstream media stopped being actual journalists to being copy pasters without checking sources or caring in the least for truth.

edit on 8-8-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join