It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI pressures Internet providers to install surveillance software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The U.S. government is quietly pressuring telecommunications providers to install eavesdropping technology deep inside companies' internal networks to facilitate surveillance efforts.

FBI officials have been sparring with carriers, a process that has on occasion included threats of contempt of court, in a bid to deploy government-provided software capable of intercepting and analyzing entire communications streams. The FBI's legal position during these discussions is that the software's real-time interception of metadata is authorized under the Patriot Act.

FBI pressures Internet providers

Sorry, but unless every person in this country is a suspected terrorist they have exactly zero rights to force anyone to install anything on our ISP's.

The simple fact real terrorist's don't even use technology anymore the FBI knows this, Washington DC bureaucrats know this so really there is no effing justification on the spying of anyone in this country. by the FBI or any other alphabet agency.

Guess they really do view all of us as 'terrorist's we have all have been found guilty without a day in court, a jury of our peers.

4th amendment violation:

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right of the people to be SECURE in their persons,houses,papers,and EFFECTS that covers ALL the digital foot print we all have.

5th amendment violation:

mendment V No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

We the people have done anything to anyone else WE are being held accountable for actions WE DID NOT COMMIT.

6th Amendment violation:

Amendment VI In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defenc

None of us have committed any crime by calling someone or sending an email in any district,.

9th Amendment violation:

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

That means any laws being original or added can not be 'interpreted' to deny or disparage any other RIGHTS retained by us.

Which means they can not use ANY LAW TO INVADE anyone's privacy without due process of the LAW.

That is my opinion others will vary.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with your opinion 100%

Maybe it's just me, but the last couple years or so I have just been wanting to SCREAM and rip my hair out over all the crap that's been going on. Not so much cause it's going on, but cause NOTHING is being done about it. WTF IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?

This is just further icing on the cake and I've already had more than enough cake.

Being Canadian doesn't give me any comfort either, since any data mining going on in the states also effects me and gods only know what my country is doing in secret with regards to data mining. we tend to follow closely behind our big brother neighbor so I put my self in the same boat as you guys.

Sadly, by the time all the idiots in this world wake up to the vastness of corruption going on it will be far too late to do anything about it and those of us who have been trying to open their eyes for years (in some cases, decades!) will be just as screwed as those who never seen or refused to see it coming.

Guilty until proven innocent, we're all terrorists but we haven't been caught yet, but its ok with the vast majority of people? Ugh, wake up world!

I really don't know how much longer I can wait for the pendulum to swing the other way.

join