It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the robots they send to other planets so rubbish?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I know that during the 1930 new propulsion systems were developed which were far superior to rocket technology. It was around this time that the space program split into two branches, the public face NASA etc and the secret space program. The secret space program do not use rockets, they haven't needed them for a very long time, they also have built bases on many of the more habitable planet.

Nasa is a public front, basically just a public relations project who promote rocket technology and lame robots with low capability.

If you look at military robots and compare them to these pieces of junk they send into space you will see that they are doing this deliberately, same goes with using crappy cameras so the public cant get a really good look at the surfaces of these planets...if they did use good cameras Nasa would have to spend most of their time airbrushing out signs of tec

edit on 5-8-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great robot you have posted in that pic but can it survive on Mars? nope.
The robots they build are controlled by us still and they are built to last, to survive in temperatures that can be 70 degrees f to -200 degrees F.
Just look at the spirit rover supposed to last 90 sol's and lasted 1282 sol's. An amazing bit of engineering.
You may think they are rubbish but I certainly don't.
Oh and please post proof of this secret space program...
edit on 5-8-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That “bigdog” in the video you posted is one of the creepiest bits of tech I’ve ever seen! That is disturbing!

Back on topic…. Why are the robots they send to other planets so rubbish?

I think you answered your own question. I’m confident they intentionally keep the truth for us with regard to space exploration and travel. They keep the truth from us about a lot of things so why would this be any different?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Are they?

Give us something to discuss,

What type of imaging equipment are placed on the rovers and why do think they are crap?

What other tech in the 1930s are you talking about?

How would the AI being tested in the robot dog video be implemented into a mars rover or do you propose a whole new design robot something similar to whats in the vid.

Like whats shown in the movie Red Planet,

AMEE

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That is downright creepy, the movement, the sound, imagine the combined sight and sound of a hundred of those things coming at you across a battlefield. Blood turns to icewater, truly the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

They could easily adapt that robot to survive mars, as it is that robot can survive desert conditions and the buzzing sound you can hear is its generator which could easily be replaced by a nuclear battery for space. The robot I posted is not a classified tec, imagine what capability's classified military robots have....light years ahead of the junk they send into space!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

i get what your saying and get what the others are saying but autonomous surely is the best way to go? reminds me of something i saw on top gear and i immediately said when i seen it .. they should let this loose on mars!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'd imagine that when you say you're sending something to mars theres a lot of people who go "can you put my new toy on it" so it ends up having to do 1000 things once it gets there so the delivery system will define its maximum size and its got to be pretty foolproof as you can't send a guy out with a bag of spanners to fix it so a lot of redundancy is needed which takes up space

Add to that the environmental conditions which will require certain design factors to survive the martian winters/summers as well its hardly surprising that they use simple designs thatg they know will work

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why? Two Words... Mission Critical.

When something absolutely cannot, for ANY reason whatsoever fail or have an "oops" moment? You go with what absolutely 100% works by proven record. Unfortunately? That will rarely ever be the sexy high tech stuff by the day's standards. Imagine ... One bolt breaking? One short circuit? ONE mechanical or computer related failure? If it comes in the wrong spot on the mission equipment? Billions in likely cost to get there just went down the crapper because some Goober demanded his high tech toy get included with the assurances of "I promise it'll work!".

We'll see the high tech toys when man is somewhere nearby to fix what always breaks on them, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well, with private space companies set to start putting people into space -- it'll be hard for "them" to keep covering up the secret program.

As of March 11, 2008, a total of 477 humans have been into "space". Now just imagine if hundreds or thousands more people go into space. If there's something going on up there, we'll find out pretty darn quick.

This is why I think any kind of disclosure is going to have to happen very soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The thing that really did my head in about the new robot on mars (Curiosity), was they spent all that money planning, designing, building and sending this marvel to another planet but there was no video camera fitted?, why not?, did they forget?, so i asked NASA, i didn't get a response! - it just seems very silly if not dam right brainless to not have a full 1080p video camera attached when you want to see another planet in an unexplored solar system and what these planets actually look like in reality, not what they look like from still pics, but real video footage, but none exists, but saying that, i have seen somewhere, a sec or two of footage as it was released from orbit to travel down to the surface of Mars, but i dont know if its real or not, if that exists then wheres the rest, its been a year now so it should have captured plenty of footage and sent it back to us.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

In the 1930 it was discovered that if a liquid conductor (such as mercury) was charged electrostatically and rotated at a high angular velocity that rotating charge would produce a magnetic field of immense power, it was found that this torsion field could negate gravity and the device could levitate. Originally it was discovered by Tesla, when Tesla died Marconi who was one of Teslas former students continued with this technology which was called a "Marconi vortex dynamo". Marconi was later the head of a secret project setup by the Vatican called RS33 which basically studied UFO sitings and high technology. During the second world war RS33 was dissolved and the technology was handed over to the Nazi's who continued developing the tec and called it "die glocke" the bell because of the shape it adopted. At first the flying craft they developed were small and were nicknamed by the British as foo fighters but as they got ever more developed they eventually created circular craft with space travel capability...ever since then rockets have been redundant, except as a public front that is!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Out of curiosity why don't they ever send flying drones to explore...oh no, could reveal too much info.

How much ground has the Mars rover covered now? From its landing site, how many miles radius?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Can that "Big Dog" carry a power system long-lasting enough to power it for a couple of years (at least), like the Curiosity Rover has?

Can that platform also carry the suite of scientific instruments, and provide power to those instruments for 2+ years (the 2 years is the nominal mission; the actual power plant life of Curiosity could be 15 years).

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

it was found that this torsion field could negate gravity and the device could levitate.

Yes,

And never has there been any indication (that I have come across) that the device was able travel on a longitude or latitude direction when levitating at any altitude.

Originally it was discovered by Tesla

I think Tesla refined the concept of available ideas.

when Tesla died Marconi who was one of Teslas former students continued with this technology which was called a "Marconi vortex dynamo".

Tesla and Marconi could be seen as being colleagues at a time, however If its Guglielmo Marconi the Italian inventor your talking about he died about 5 years before Tesla did. Tesla passed in 1943 and Marconi in 37.

How could Marconi continue anything or are you proposing some other conspiracy, Marconi fake death?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Out of curiosity why don't they ever send flying drones to explore...oh no, could reveal too much info.

How much ground has the Mars rover covered now? From its landing site, how many miles radius?

A flying Mars probe has been proposed, but considering weight limitations of payloads to Mars, its power source would allow the plane to only fly for about 1.5 hours total before running out of power and crashing.

The proposed project has never been greenlit because of its limitations (i.e., cost versus scientific return). The MRO can already provide 50 cm resolution images of the ground from orbit. While a plane can do better than that, the added benefit is not worth it.

Sources:

ARES -- A Proposed mars Scout Mission

Here is the NASA mission concept proposal for the ARES probe (the link opens directly to a PDF file):
Aerial Regional-scale Environmental Survey PDF

edit on 8/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by LUXUS

Can that "Big Dog" carry a power system long-lasting enough to power it for a couple of years (at least), like the Curiosity Rover has?

Can that platform also carry the suite of scientific instruments, and provide power to those instruments for 2+ years (the 2 years is the nominal mission; the actual power plant life of Curiosity could be 15 years).

Yeah a nuclear battery would do the job....how much in square miles has the Mars rover covered, it must have surveyed a vast area by now, sarcasm intentional

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

All I know is that two of Teslas former students, Marconi and Otis Carr both worked on this mercury device. If you mount the vortex device in gambles like you do a gyroscope then whatever direction you point it in the craft will move.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You miss the point again...they are not controlled by themselves they are controlled by people on earth, you wanna try and control a fast robot with that amount of lag?
Slow and steady and then we will not have wasted all those billions.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by LUXUS

A flying Mars probe has been proposed, but considering weight limitations of payloads to Mars, its power source would allow the plane to only fly for about 1.5 hours total before running out of power and crashing.

edit on 8/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Are you joking????

It would fly for several hours before returning to the landing platform, docking to recharge its battery before leaving again. Several light weight drones could be sent on one mission to scout the area, the reason it has not been done has nothing to do with limitations but more to do with revealing too much to the public.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join