It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you spend you days if you were Immortal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How would you spend you days if you were Immortal in your physical body?

Where would you go?, what would you do?

How would you view people?. Would you care or not about the human conditions, of suffering , war and economic disrepute.

What would you be thinking about?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I'd probably spend a lot of time crying and in grief.
I am looking forward to no longer being stuck in this human condition.
I am looking forward to 'moving on' and being out of this pain and suffering.
I am looking forward to learning the truths of the universe, and that can't happen in a human body.
So I'd probably be exceptionally depressed if I was told I'd be stuck like this forever.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am looking forward to learning the truths of the universe, and that can't happen in a human body.

It could be like turning into a ufo once we die and we can travel through the cosmos at will.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Go to as many football and hockey games, take millions of pictures and compare them to past ones

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Assuming you mean completely immortal I would spend my days destroying the TPTB and the rest of the corruption here on Earth!

I would also commit a large proportion of my time to researching free energy and FTL propulsion methods so we can all finally get off this planet. LoL

edit on 5-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would travel the Earth and carve my name into stone with the date and time.
Since I wouldn't perish, money would be meaningless, as would power.
I believe just being able to understand many cultures and people would be more important.
Sure the nice material things would be interesting at first, but I am positive that would fade.
Constantly losing loved ones and friends would turn me into a hard, cold heart.
It would be a tough life no doubt.

Of course I would try to destroy evil in all it's form but that's an impossible task.

Even for an immortal.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I would super glue myself to strangers and watch them freak out with a goober stuck to them.

For a million years... or until they stopped making super glue.

Then I'd have to use small animals rendered down into a paste which would be a lot harder to get right for the first few hundred years, I am sure.

Can you imagine however, what sort of looks you'd get, a few thousand years old and still looking at boobs.. you'd be a pervert staring at anything.

On second thought, bugger that... the more things change, the less things are said, and the more there is implied.

I hate that... Maybe sticking small flightless birds to my face.. ahh who knows, when do we start?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

me too

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'd do what I am doing now: what ever makes me and mine happy.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would be on ATS of course.
Then I would invest my money following trends from 80 years ago.
Because it seems that's how the bankers do things. they just do the same thing over and over again.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
At first it would be fun but its like how ra's al ghul from batman is immortal. He's immortal in many ways.

Also it would suck seeing everyone around you growing old while you don't

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Immortal:

Immune to death.

I am only twenty eight years of age, and already I am driven half insane by the madness and corruption which holds our species back from its potential. Already I am drunk with anger at the power structures which govern our daily lives, and the little tyrannies which occur beneath that aegis.

Molested children, beaten wives, murders, rapes, thefts and home invasions, war crimes, crimes against the free peoples of Earth, often committed by thier leaders, corperate fraud, espionage, false accusations of the same, mankind spiralling down the sewer pipe that it has turned its own future into.

I have long said that I would not desire to live forever, that I have no interest in remaining alive for longer than I really have to. If by some twist of fate, I ended up undying, immune to the touch of the Reaper, wether by sickness or violence, I would do several things.

1) I would go quite mad. And by that I mean, I would probably have a psychotic break, the full weight and enormity of the years ahead bearing down upon my already weary soul would crush my psyche for a time.

2) I would probably come back from that position, because I am nothing if not willful and determined.

3) I would have to set up coping mechanisms to balance my mental state, so that I could deal with my longevity, make some changes to my circumstances, and my environment, to make it possible for me to exist within it without loosing my grip. One of those coping mechanisms would be, to never allow something that should be challenged, to go unopposed. One of the things that makes this planet a detestable bastard of a place to live, is that all to often, nothing is done, when everything should be. I would set about oppressing the oppressors, discriminating against fascists, killing the killers, stealing from thieves, committing vast barbarity against molestors of children, rapists of women, street thugs and wife beaters, making impossible the work of governments which act against thier peoples wishes in even the smallest regard.

In short, I would re-shape this world, and rid it of the plauges which assault it daily. I would have no prejudice against any one colour, creed, or faith, and no mercy for those who carry any such feeling.

4) The world would swim in the sundered viscera, and spilt bile of those who have caused misery and suffering, and when I had completed all these mighty deeds, I would probably go up a mountain, and wait for the Sun to eat the Earth as at the end of its life, it sheds its outer layers consuming our world in fire, casting me adrift and undying into the cosmos at sublight speeds, or for mankind to learn new propulsion methods, good enough to travel the stars with, which ever happens first.

I think that by all accounts, it would perhaps, be a good idea for me to avoid immortality.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Waiting in long lines at various amusement parks with a good paper back book.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i want to see sun surface.., i want to be inside black hole and see something beyond our imagination..i want to do what human cant do..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Where would you go?, what would you do?

How would you view people?. Would you care or not about the human conditions, of suffering , war and economic disrepute.

What would you be thinking about?

Samsara or whatever you wanna call this place is for learning. Humanity will sooner or later evolve to something better or destroy themselves. If you really look at it from a extreme perspective even if humans destroy themselves this place will just be reseeded again and be up and running again within a million years. But if that was the plan then there would not been so many awakened here right now.

We are all immortal but we also evolve/change/grow up. A very efficient school for evolving even if it is a pain in the as to go thru the lessons.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'd probably spend a lot of time crying and in grief.
I am looking forward to no longer being stuck in this human condition.
I am looking forward to 'moving on' and being out of this pain and suffering.
So I'd probably be exceptionally depressed if I was told I'd be stuck like this forever.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Exactly like Dexter and the Terminator combined. I would rid the world of the filth and bring everyone up to speed on all the truths that have been hidden from us over time. Then my ego would grow so large that I in-turn would become the most feared and beloved God of all time until I grew bored of this and created my own army of filth that I destroyed decades earlier in order to have History repeat itself and give myself something to do that was familiar.

Immortality would be the biggest curse of all time on this plane of existence.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If I were immortal. I'd spend my time creeping the oceans. Figuring out what we haven't and even better. Exploring those points on the "google" map that don't exist for someone reason. I'd like to take a trip to the arctic so I can either debunk or bring truth to the hollow earth believers. I'd spend a lot of time figuring life out.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Good luck, you'd do well till' they had you chained up for 100 years.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I guess it would depend on how exactly I was immortal. If you mean I couldn't be killed by ANYTHING, than that is way different than just being immortal based on not aging.

If just not aging, I'd probably live a pretty normal life, just moving around after I'd been in a place too long (long enough for folks to catch on I'm not getting any older). Probably wouldn't take a lot of mortal risks, but I'd certainly be a pretty wealthy person (can you imagine compound interest for eternity?) I'd have a LOT of sex I'm sure.

If truly immortal, I'd probably be a secret merc for hire, while wheeling and dealing with the elite and living the high life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join