It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help understanding the jolts in the back I am having.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I know little of which I speak except for a few threads I have read here. I do know it is strange for me and not medical.

For several weeks I have intermittently gotten a 'jolt' in my back...almost like a spasm but not painful. I was more like a severe tickle that hurts. I will immediately bolt upward trying to stop it. It occurs in the small of my back along the spine. It may happen once or twice a week or couple times a night. I think I am on my back but not sure. Don't believe I am asleep but maybe drifting.

I tend to forget about it but yesterday in the early am just before awakening, in a dream, I think but it was somewhat lucid, I thought I felt my body arch upward and vibrate. I am almost positive i felt the vibration. At the same time, I saw my body do this. It appeared part of my body was separating, one just above the other. I recall thinking, just go with it. I went back down and it stopped. A woman came into the room and told me i was alright. She was tall (average seems tall to me so?) had short, dull yellow blond hair. I tried to speak but couldn't...don't recall if I tried to get up. I awoke.

Later in the day I laid down to try to doze. I got the back jolt again.

So I am wondering if there is a connection? My thought has been that maybe I am blowing out a chakra at the navel (don't know much about chakra's). That area of me is very very open. I can just think and it feels with many feelings. I often refer to it as the 'hole in my gut'.

I am hoping some of you can help explain where this might come from.

BTW, I have had sleep paralysis episode before both awake and seemingly asleep. I don't recall have the fear. However, I will say that some of them have come after awakening from bad dreams, so there was some fear from the dream, but not an actual outwardly conscious fear.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Sounds like something is awakening in you
...some kundalini serpent power or something. This used to happen to me a lot and the doctors just laughed at me when I described it.

(Since you mentioned chakras, you're probably already aware of what's going on. But there is plenty of material on ATS concerning this subject--and elsewhere on the web. Look into it if you haven't yet.)

I'm not sure I can help you understand it--I'm not an "expert." I just think of it like going through spiritual puberty.

Stay thy course, stay true

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you, but from what I have read Kundalini starts at the base of the spine and travels up. Plus, I have not meditated in several years. Just searching for answers to life's questions.

As for as staying true, I fell off my path about 9 years ago, as was revealed to me in several dreams and 'knowings'

Have prayed to get back on but so for...nada.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"several weeks I have intermittently gotten a 'jolt' in my back.."

spinal menigitis?

i know chakras are popular,, but spinal menigitis,,look it up

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: in other words see a dr. for a spinal tap/x-ray.

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: no d in see.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Nerves are being pinched by swollen disks, possibly arthritis causing the inflammation. Especially probable its arthritis if it started in the lower back. Welcome to my world of the last 25 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Nerves are being pinched by swollen disks, possibly arthritis causing the inflammation. Especially probable its arthritis if it started in the lower back. Welcome to my world of the last 25 years.

yes also a good possibility,,,,,

or muscle fatigue,,ie un-natural position.

but its not about me.
i believe u responded too the wrong person,,,i just used his quote

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thank you for your thoughts but if it were spinal meningitis I would likely be dead by now. If the same is happening to you I doubt that is what it is. Besides, I was a nurse and this doesn't fit the pattern.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
sleep on your back.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Thank you, yes, I do have some minor sciatica but sciatica does not move upward, it is normally much lower and moves into the leg.

This is not a medical condition.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If you have insurance, please get your back looked at. I had a similiar experiance, had never been diagnosed with sciatica and the next thing I know, I was pretty much paralyzed from the waste down, though mild pain did radiate to the neck and shoulders as well. Scary times.

For a week prior to being laid up, I felt what I describe as tiny electrical shocks in my upper body, rarely in the same place. Nine months later I'm still in daily pain, though not on erscription meds, just asprin.

Please don't blow anything off. It could be serious

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

An energy spider has connected itself to your spine. Its a parasite and feeds off your dream energy. To exorcism it you must call it out in the middle of the night and say be gone. Do this each night until its subsists.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Your awakening

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The truth is your spirit body is in a realm you can't see and they come to torment many in the night. The only relief for your spirit is to sleep on your back and that allows the protectors over us to raise you up above them while you sleep. epsom salt bathes can break any current hold they have on you. different levels of torment exist so sometimes it is easier to get them to stop

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Once you have proceeded through the conventional, try a past life regression to see if the pain is tied to a former injury in a previous life.

new topics

top topics

join