It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be the next Doctor? Less than 24 hours!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
ATS membership I ask you:

Who will be the next Doctor?

On Sunday Aug 4 BBC will be reveling the identity of the new actor taking over the iconic role.
For US fans, the show will be aired at 2pm est on BBCA.

The internet is buzzing with predictions, many actors which are a bit unfamiliar to me.

Guardian

The above article names 55 year old Scottish actor Peter Capaldi and 40 year old Idris Elba as the two 'favorites.' Knowing Steven Moffatt though, these are both probably smokescreens as he is always delivering false info about the show.

I honestly don't have enough knowledge of British TV to even make an educated guess outside of what I've read on the rumormill sites online.

But I can't wait to see it revealed tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Being as it is a BBC show I will guess that it will be a differently able'd, lesbian, feminist, single parent from an ethnic minority background.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

lol and if that is too PC you can just wave youre sonic screwdriver and it will resolve all issues without any explanation.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Who will be the next Doctor? Less than 24 hours!

Peter Dinklage.

Or I will hold my breath until I die.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I'd love to see that as well, but his character in GoT's is very integral to the story... plus he's portraying Trask in the upcoming X-Men film(s). Sadly I think his plate is already quite full.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I totally agree. I think you and I must be sharing the same frequency. I was thinking just what you wrote and then came back to the thread and voila.

Yeah, looks like asphyxiation for me. He is too busy. I hope they get to him.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I saw an interview with moffat where he said something along the lines of.

"I want you to see the new doctor and go 'How can that be the doctor' and than 6 episodes in you will be 'of course hes the doctor, how could it have been anyone else'"

So what ever that adds to the conversation.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I would love it also, shame Dinkies probably way to busy already to accept the part

My feeling is that it will be a lady....
edit on 3-8-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I saw an interview with moffat where he said something along the lines of.

"I want you to see the new doctor and go 'How can that be the doctor' and than 6 episodes in you will be 'of course hes the doctor, how could it have been anyone else'"

So what ever that adds to the conversation.

That sounds exactly like Moffat.
It's a shame he deleted his twitter, it was fun to try and decipher some of what he alluded to.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Its Capaldi, im so happy!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I missed the show!!
Know where I might be able to watch it online here in the states?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Horrible choice for the new Doctor.

Lets take the ONE thing that has recently energized the franchise (a doctor that appeals to young fangirls) and just...well, throw that idea in the crapper and go back to basics!

Yeah...good plan....

Morons. They just slammed the brakes on the momentum of the brand. And in case you're thinking as a dude, how can I make that call....I live with two such fangirls, and BOTH of them are totally turned off by this choice. I'd say that's pretty indicative of the overall reaction they can expect....

Add to the fact that he's actually played a character in Torchwood (Dr. Who spinoff), and now you've got continuity problems in a sci-fi show....
What the heck were they smoking?

edit on 5-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join