It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by peter vlar

Can I give you a doctorate in a day? It takes some study of your own. I can only do so much.

No. I wouldn't expect it in a day since I've been working on it off and on for the last several years. I do appreciate the generosity of your offer. However I prefer to earn mine Instead of sending away for one from the back of a comic book.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by PheonixReborn

All weak. Thanks for playing and buh bye

All provable... unlike the nonsense you posted.

MODS: Can you put one of those "Extreme violation of terms and conditions" notices on the end of this post because I feel one coming on!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, the moon is not "full" once every month on average.

While I let that sink in...

The moon is full every day.

Only the sun's reflection during the moon's relative position to the observer causes the moon to "look" full once a month on average.
If memory serves me, the orbital period of the moon is 23 hours and 37 minutes approximately.

Thats why we have tides at least twice a day.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Guess what? Most of those craters aren't impact craters. How often does an asteroid hit something at a perfect 90degree angle so that the crater is perfectly circular?

It really doesn't matter what angle the asteroid comes in at, it and the surrounding rock are going to be vaporized into a hot ball of gas/liquid rock, which expands rapidly in a spherical explosion. Therefore, the crater ends up being circular. Only when the angle is really shallow do you get elliptical craters or even scorch marks where the object ricochets back into space.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>