It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story of education.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My story of education.

When first entering high school the first two classes where just so easy,obviously cause the teach the things your parents also learned you ( well in my case).
Entering the third class(3rd) things started of easy but oddly enough it got so confusing that i could not even see the numbers straight anymore this was not only the case with math but also with history etc. I felt like i was being set up by being so confused, so i asked questions to my teachers after class i event went to the rector and asked why these subjects where so confusing, he said in order to get high ciphers on your report you needed to already know the things that are in the books... So long story short he said i already had to know what was in it. But i was not the only one who was struggling getting good grades third of my class was... but i was the only one asking questions and every time i got a strange answers. Hell if a teacher does not even know what he is talking about how in the world was i supposed to know what it was about ? Anyway i entered fourth class (4th) with good grades even though it was confusing, it seemed like i had it all under control until ....... every single time a test was made the teacher called every one there score except mine i felt ones again confused since i did make the test, so i needed to do it ones again but a completely other test was given to me this was exactly the same with other classes, this did not occurs ones a week but at least ones in the 3... with every single class failed by those test i felt i was being set up... first not noticing what was going on, certain teachers where extremely hostile against me... because i asked logical and easy questions they would basically give me the finger and not even explain what i was asking.. I had not clue what to do and felt heavily betrayed i got confused did not knew what to do... and i fell into a heavy depression. I explained my parents what was going on and they did not believe in education either... but some strange things where going on in my high school i got expelled for no legitimate reason they made me do things that where total BS. After they though i had enough i got send to another school.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well, thank you for sharing, but it would help to know what country you're in.

You mentioned the title Rector. Was that a Catholic School?

You obviously have an internet connection so I would suggest you get your education there. .Edu sites are the first ones you should visit. Secondly, whenever you type something out on the internet, run it through a grammar checker first. The good ones will explain why a grammatical error is what it is. It not only points out the issues, but they tell you why it's an issue and how to correct it. It teaches you. without a proper understanding of the English language, you're going to have a very difficult time learning anything else.

If you want an education, don't count on public schools. You're not going to find as good a level there as you can on legitimate education sites. Many of them are free and as long as you have the willingness to learn, you will learn. These sites don't care who you are. There are going to be no personal biases holding you back. If you find a site and their curriculum, HOW they teach, is hard for you to understand, go to different sites. Pay attention to the different curriculum's and find one that is easy for you to learn with.

Again, thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Ha yes i notice that... Google translate can be a pain sometimes it auto corrects...

Ps: i am from the Netherlands

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dear Biglumi. Don't be depressed. Be grateful you are aware of how the system is set up and start educating yourself. Whether by online or a system you agree with. Obviously you want to learn and you have tried but you aren't doing it "their way". And that's the problem. Schools these days are being told what to teach and it's not always reality.

You are smart, you see what's happening. Look how far you've come and how hard you've tried. You've made it this far and you've already proven what you can do. Believe in yourself. And find a place where you aren't being treated that way. A real educational program will work with you and help you strive for your goals.

top topics

join