It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does This Happen When You Type on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah, it happened while I was typing the title of this thread. It happens a LOT on FB, also. What is it? If I am scrolling up and then down, or down and then up, or just typing a string of characters, an Anderson Cooper wheel pops up for a split second and I can't do a thing. If I am typing gibberish, it does not happen. IT IS NOT RANDOM! In case you're wondering what an Anderson Cooper wheel is, it is that rainbow-colored, spinning wheel, and I just came to call it an Anderson Cooper Wheel - my sense of humor at work.

What does it mean? Surely my Word-for-Mac program can keep up with my typing and scrolling?? My Mac Mini is pre-Intel, but not particularly slow.

Could it be that some malware, spyware, adware, or NSAware is resetting??? Is it a sign that my keystrokes are being monitored? Does it happen to you? Does anyone have a theory? It's really tiresome...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had a Trojan many years ago that hijacked the keys. I had to redo the system by reloading windows to clear that up.

I have a different problem now, the keys stick on from all the cat hair and food in the keyboard. I put it upside down and hit all the keys then have to get a shovel to pick the crap up.
About once a month

Try for sticking keys first.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Sounds like Malware to me. Try this, it's free.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

It's worked for me in past.

When I type on ATS I often get Jibberish replies. Unfortunately their is no software to fix that as the chair to keyboard interface is the cause.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Thanks for the tip, and I took a look, but it seems only to be set up for Windows. That's life with a Mac...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Thanks for the tip, and I took a look, but it seems only to be set up for Windows. That's life with a Mac...

I can fix this for you relatively easy:

1. Go to your favorite computer vendor and purchase a Windows based machine
2. Sell your Apple on Craigslist/EBAY.

Problem solved!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

I can fix this for you relatively easy:

1. Go to your favorite computer vendor and purchase a Windows based machine
2. Sell your Apple on Craigslist/EBAY.

Problem solved!

#1 - I've never bought a new computer in my life. Not starting now.

#2 - My Mac has been tweaked by a Mac expert, and I'd be loath to give it up. I just am frustrated by this niggling problem...

new topics

top topics

join