It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. State Department has issued today a worldwide travel alert because of an al-Qaida threat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just got this breaking news on my mobile...did a quick search here and got no result, thus this post.

"The State Department has issued a worldwide travel alert because of an al-Qaida threat.

The United States is shuttering its embassies and consulates throughout the Muslim world on Sunday after receiving an unspecified threat, officials said.

State Department officials said Thursday that they were taking action out of an "abundance of caution."

Spokeswoman Marie Harf cited information indicating a threat to U.S. facilities overseas and said some diplomatic facilities may stay closed for more than a day.

Other U.S. officials said the threat was in the Muslim world, where Sunday is a workday. American diplomatic missions in Europe, Latin America and many other places are closed on Sunday.

Those officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly about the matter.

The State Department issued a major warning last year informing American diplomatic facilities across the Muslim world about potential violence connected to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Dozens of American installations were besieged by protest over an anti-Islam video made by an American resident.

In Benghazi, Libya, the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed when militants assaulted a diplomatic post. The administration no longer says that attack was related to the demonstrations."

Source 1

NBC Twitter Account

ABC NEWS

It seems this time the US gov has some solid Intel and they are announcing a global alert for all US citizens travelling, especially to the middle east countries.

IS this a false flag for something big to happen in the middle east?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Um.. read a few threads around here right now... I don't see anything false happening. S is Happening Today, Fact.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get too worked up about this stuff usually, today I have been glued to the current events with a huge pit in my stomach, for what it's worth.
edit on 2-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This could all be related to some news in the UK.

Yemen warning as temporary closure of UK embassy begins

It appears to be coming from the Foreign Office saying that Brits should leave Yemen and they are closing the Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen citing "increased security concerns".

new topics

join