It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Boy, 12, robs lemonade stand with BB gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Police: Boy, 12, robs lemonade stand with BB gun

www.statesmanjournal.com

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. — Authorities say a 12-year-old boy used a BB gun to rob a 10-year-old who was running a lemonade stand in western Pennsylvania.

Johnstown Sgt. Patrick Goggin says the 12-year-old approached the stand Monday with what appeared to be a handgun in his pocket and threatened the younger boy. Goggin says the boys “got into a wrestling match over the money box” before the older boy took $30 and ran away.
Three other children chased the boy home and helped police track him down. That’s when police determined the boy had a BB gun.
Police aren’t identifying the suspect bec
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Alright, WTH is wrong here. If I ever concieved a thought like this let alone performed such a act when I was 12 my Mother would have nailed me to a cross. I can hear the plank of wood hitting my rear quarters.

This kid must have really needed the money or he is just a juvenile delinquint.

What's wrong with this world.

Any thoughts ATS? State of the U.S where children are holding up lemonde stands with BB guns??? Good for the child for fighting back but even a BB gun pumped or CO2 can inflict damage.

I'm almost at a loss for words.

www.statesmanjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe the night which followed my son doing a thing like this would be a night I'd honestly approach that terrible line between corporal punishment and outright abuse. What is worse and more meaningful to see for omens of a child's future than strong armed robbery committed on a friggin LEMONADE STAND at 12?! This is the kind of entry the media highlights for a MAJOR criminal, years from now, in saying "See! He was bad, even as a child!"

That's one bad seed that needs corrected before he does life in prison on the installment plan. Wow... What IS the world coming to ?!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Criminals are becoming younger and younger, there are a lot more actions that kids think are "ok" in today's society.

If I'd have pulled something like this, my parents would have driven me down to the police station themselves, and left me there to sort it out myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is hardly crime of the century, especially in todays society and even outwith that, you ain't American if you ain't carrying a gun of some form

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can honestly say that I agree whole heartedly with your statements Wrabbit. Though I have a daughter, heaven's forbid and god praytell that she never crosses that line because I can hear DCFS making it's way to my doorstep.

It does make me sad to know that the parents had to of had more than a hand at molding this child into what he is at only age 12

I remember being caught steel "mechanical pencil's" at our local Jewel Osco. My arse cheeks were black and blue for 2 weeks, alas the thought of stealing never crossed my mind ever again. My mother instilled the fear of god in me~

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
This is hardly crime of the century, especially in todays society and even outwith that, you ain't American if you ain't carrying a gun of some form

As cynical of a statement that is Z, I almost choked laughing because it's true
and sad all at the same time

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Criminals are becoming younger and younger, there are a lot more actions that kids think are "ok" in today's society.

If I'd have pulled something like this, my parents would have driven me down to the police station themselves, and left me there to sort it out myself.

And after... they would beat the living hell out of me, followed by 2 weeks house-arrest.

It would have been pretty ugly for me if I ever did that...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Armed robbery is pretty appalling a crime for a twelve year old, but given that toddler James Bulger was tortured and then killed by two boys of ten and eleven years old back in the nineties here in Britain, it doesnt really shock me as much as it could do.

In fact...

listverse.com...

Heres a list of pintsized sociopaths and psychopaths. If you look at the dates, you realise that it is perfectly possible that kids are not really becoming much worse than they had the potential to be many years ago. Also, bear in mind, that this list only covers young murderers. There are bound to be many other criminal children, who stopped short of murder, but went pretty damned close. I am pretty sure there are some cases where young people have sexually assaulted people, robbed them, given them an old fashioned kicking...

Its sad, but its true.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Man cops and robbers sure has changed since I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yeah... NO kidding! When we were kids, the robbers shot the cops or visa versa and everyone called a time-out to make sure it was fair. Now, the robbers shoot the cops and Momma calls 911 to get a medic for the poor kid who played the cop.

It ain't the same world it used to be. That's for sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

LOTS of Americans carry guns. FEW of Americans use them. The crime was not carrying a gun. The crime was robbing the lemonade stand.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

LOTS of Americans carry guns. FEW of Americans use them. The crime was not carrying a gun. The crime was robbing the lemonade stand.

Quite correct sir and I'm sure the judge will take the fact he had a gun into consideration also

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just a modern version of Cowboys & Indians....maybe they'll call it Clerks & Robbers?

Seriously though....really? C'mon.... Well, at least the kid is learning the REALITIES of being a small business owner....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So when does the family come out and say "he's a good boy" "never would have hurt anyone" "not even a real gun" "just playing a game"?

Or do they only do that when the cretin kid gets shot?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe this is a new game called Thugs and Convenience Stores.

Children imitate reality and this proves it.

Scary ain't it!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The media is working hard to convince society that someone that owns a gun is bad and commits crime. To bad for them that the majority of gun owners never shot someone or commit a crime with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'll admit-- when I read the thread title / headline, there was a moment where I thought "Aw... that's almost cute. Junior stickup man, with his little BB gun, knocking off lemonade stands. Garage sales in that neighborhood better start installing surveillance cameras and hiring Asset Protection crews...."

But really, this is pretty messed up and not all that funny.

Originally posted by sulaw
Alright, WTH is wrong here. If I ever concieved a thought like this let alone performed such a act when I was 12 my Mother would have nailed me to a cross. I can hear the plank of wood hitting my rear quarters.

Is that the only reason you wouldn't have done it? I hope that was just poorly-chosen wording. I think I always feared going against my own moral code, more than I feared my parents' punishments. I wouldn't have done it, because I would have felt like a jerk, and a bully. A scumbag.

But your comment does remind me of some others I've read elsewhere. People stating that if it weren't for the law, or if it weren't for god / religion, they'd probably be out killing and raping I always found those people baffling. Is that really all that's stopping you?

I know the whole "oh, this generation of kids coming up these days are so much worse than we were..." etc is a very old idea that pretty much every generation has had. But sometimes I find myself wondering if there's some truth to it. If we really are, as a species, steadily becoming more corrupt, greedy, selfish, uncaring..... It's a really frightening thought, if you're a decent person, and you really think about it for a while.....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Just poorly chosen wording William~ I have a strong Morale Code, yet when I was younger lapses in judgement and knowing full well the consequences didn't stop me from testing it's limits. Far different from pointing a BB gun or in my cases a wrist rocket with a ball bearing at someone knowing that it can do more damage than what people think it would.

I was raised very strict but poor like most middle class families, loved art and very artistic at that. Loved the new mechanical pencils and had a friend who led the way, I paid the price and just re-affirmed why I know not to do stupid shenanigans~

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

But your comment does remind me of some others I've read elsewhere. People stating that if it weren't for the law, or if it weren't for god / religion, they'd probably be out killing and raping I always found those people baffling. Is that really all that's stopping you?

A honest response? If I wasn't raised the way I was with strict morales and values, no that would not stop me. I can say this honestly as I've done my geneology. Womanizers, Horse Theives and Booze Hounds

top topics

<<   2 >>

join