It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants attack prison in northwest Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted already. I searched and looked on the homepage and I didn't see this news.

It looks like there was another prison break and this time in Pakistan. Taliban fighters freed more than 250 prisoners after hours of fighting. What is going on here? Suddenly Al Qaeda and the Taliban are attacking prisons and freeing prisoners? How come they can easily allow this to happen and what would happen as a result. I'm not one of those people who will say a false flag attack will happen soon. But I feel something is fishy here and we need to get to the bottom of the barrel.

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — Dozens of Taliban militants armed with guns, grenades and bombs attacked a prison in northwest Pakistan, freeing more than 250 prisoners, including 25 "dangerous terrorists," officials said.

Source

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Postulation:

The wars are drawing down, things were becoming too 'uneventful' to justify a global presence with such intensity.

So we need a "threat" to "protect" everyone from.
Well here is the new threat.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have a feeling something will happen because of this. I don't know why, but this isn't random. I was reading this and other related articles where they mentioned there was prior knowledge to the event. Yet, they say they couldn't prepare for the attack. What? Why couldn't you add security? Especially since the prison break in Iraq. This doesn't make sense to me.

A senior security official said that before the attack, information had been passed to the district administration, security forces and jail authorities about an imminent attack and that a conference had been held to assess the prison’s security.

“The attack was so sudden and big,” the official said. “Probably, no one suspected it was around the corner. No security measures could be put in place to pre-empt it.”
“This is a debacle of the highest order,” said a senior government official. “We had timely intelligence and senior district administration and security officials had visited the central prison to check security. Still this debacle?”

Source

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I don't know why, but this isn't random.

I know why it's not "random".

Because it's a very well planned and executed plot.
It required extensive organization and intelligence efforts.
A lot of resources were put into this, and it would be operated in the typical "pyramid scheme" where funding sources would be the power brokers and agenda setters.

We are talking professionals here.
Subterfuge, intrigue, espionage, clandestine bank accounts, sabotage.

I'm talking about all of the recent jail breaks in the larger context of the overall game.
This has it all.

edit on 30-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well, duh! I was saying that there is something going on here. More than meets the eye and I feel that we would know soon. I cannot explain it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well, duh! I was saying that there is something going on here. More than meets the eye and I feel that we would know soon. I cannot explain it.

Compare how sophisticated this is to the so called post-ww2 Nazi insurgency.

Nazi Werwolf

Of course the real Nazi escape happened while the "insurgency" bought them whatever time they needed.
They downplay it as if it wasn't a real threat but I don't think being a threat was it's function so much as a decoy operation.

Anyways point is these multi-nation wide scale jail breaks show a level of organization we would equate to governmental level abilities.

Sure they could use phones and the Net to organize it but shouldn't the NSA know?
Something doesn't add up, that means we are being fooled by someone.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Or alternatively, all of our NSA spies are actually wasting time checking out hot chicks.

This could be possible although unlikely.
I'm sure they keep a tight leash on them and they can't really get away with being pervs.
But you never know.

So instead of malicious it could be a result of just human nature stupidity and how poor of a dragnet their Intelligence gathering really is.

If this was able to be pulled off cmon....they don't even have a Spy dragnet.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I agree with you! Someone on the inside knows what is going on and most likely aided the attack. Look at the lack of police and even soldiers to fight against the terrorist; the prior knowledge that didn't amount to nothing, and the similarities with the attacks on prisons in Iraq. Also in the two articles it mentions Shia Muslim prisoners which caught my eye.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I agree with you! Someone on the inside knows what is going on and most likely aided the attack. Look at the lack of police and even soldiers to fight against the terrorist; the prior knowledge that didn't amount to nothing, and the similarities with the attacks on prisons in Iraq. Also in the two articles it mentions Shia Muslim prisoners which caught my eye.

Yes it feels very Iranian inspired, to put it bluntly.
They are very likely involved to some degree.

However I speculate that there must be insiders within the ISI and even CIA who worked in conjunction here, if we are going down the "This was a carefully masterminded operation" route.

In fact we could have a international grab bag of intel agencies involved in all sorts of ways.
Even if most groups surveying the region just got wind of it but kept it secret because of who is really behind it?
All sorts of possibilities.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Why would Iran aid terrorist that killed the Shia prisoners and will most likely might against them? Of course the U.S. has helped aid terrorist that have attacked them before. I was thinking this had some relation to the wars and politics flaming up with the Sunni and Shia Muslims fighting. Al Qaeda and Taliban swelling their ranks with experience fighters and sending to the battle fields.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Why would Iran aid terrorist that killed the Shia prisoners and will most likely might against them? Of course the U.S. has helped aid terrorist that have attacked them before. I was thinking this had some relation to the wars and politics flaming up with the Sunni and Shia Muslims fighting. Al Qaeda and Taliban swelling their ranks with experience fighters and sending to the battle fields.

In a way Iran is the go-between. Middle man.
All of the illicit traffic is funneled through there to everywhere else between those regions.
And the only way that traffic could be at such large volumes is if each agency stamped their approval as it passed their jurisdiction.

They know religion is fake that's why they constantly inflame tensions around it. Divide and conquer. Create instability than swoop in with a solution to "solve the problem".

The reality of the intelligence world is that there are no flags, just players.
There are double and triple agents out there who play whichever side suits them at the time, etc.

I am merely extrapolating what I learned about the Cold War and how duplicity was a common feature of intelligence agencies worldwide.

There are so many possibilities really it's impossible to know who was behind it, who funded it etc.
Who knew about it but didn't do anything, etc.
We would actually need to see top secret documents that are fresh, and that won't be happening I'm afraid.

So you could speculate the Russians or Chinese were behind it.
Or even the Vatican. We cannot really know what's going on without those documents.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I do find it very strange though as we have some odd patterns in the news lately.

Mass transit accidents - train plane and buses.
So called "Terrorist jail breaks" in the "War on Terror" hot zones.

I don't think it's necessarily related or anything.
And I'm not saying it's out of the ordinary because it is ordinary that Earth is screwed up.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes, I agree with you. It would make sense for nations to makes allies to protect whatever. Nations like Iran or religious minorities have a lot of enemies. They would have to allying themselves with someone who can protect them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here are some updates I found this morning. It seems they moved the high ranking members of groups like the Taliban and there was a lack of security at the prison.

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistani authorities moved some of their most notorious militant inmates after an intelligence warning of an imminent jailbreak but a Taliban raid this week has raised fears about the security of all Pakistani prisons.

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — Only a handful of badly armed guards were posted at a Pakistani prison assaulted by Taliban militants earlier this week even though the government had intelligence indicating the facility was under threat, the prison chief said Wednesday in an admission likely to feed accusations of negligence over the deadly jailbreak.

The 35 guards, only 10 of whom had weapons, faced 150 attackers. Some were so scared during the assault late Monday night that they hid in sewer pipes, and others opened up one of the prison's main gates after the militants threatened them, said a senior government official.

Source
Source

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When you get a tip-off like that, that should be a cue to prepare a welcome party, not cause you to remove the higher ranking terrorists.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
not a single militant got killed all 150 escaped plus the 243 prisinors

The govt. was informed in advance of the attack but they failed to provide an defense...
The Army who was called out to help came 4 hours later...
The policemen hid inside sewer pipes when the militants came and the gates were opened for them....
They came in military commando gear with APC's

top topics

join