It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

They were African-American, not that it matters...

Haha, what made you think they were Asian!?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

You can only speculate as to how you might react in such a situation, and may talk alot about how you may be able to disarm the gunman or some other such nonsense, but when it's actually happening to you, you just remain very calm and do exactly what they tell you to and hope you don't die.

You did EXACTLY what you're supposed to do.

Those other things can easily be replaced. Your lives cannot. I don't care if you are Jackie Chan, the contents of your wallet are NOT worth risking your life.

The only thing to add, would be to try and cement their features and description in your mind, if able. Go to the Police, file a report, maybe inquire about security footage, etc.

Because you weren't stupid, you're able to post about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We have not yet gone to the police. We plan on going down to the station first thing in the morning, not that it will accomplish anything, but at the least maybe my ID and such will get returned to me.

Often, they'll toss the wallet after getting the cards and cash. So, you have a good chance of that actually turning up, so you may not have to get your license again, etc.

These guys were young, but they seemed like they had done this a few times before. It was all very efficient and calm on their part.

Oh yeah, this is likely a usual thing for them.

A buddy and I were mugged once, the same way. 7 guys total, although only 4 at first. Like your case, the other ones came in soon after. Luckily, we had time to get our dates in one car, and have the two gals drive off. (they were coming across the parking lot, and looked like they were up to know good. We just saw 4 at first, so figured it'd be ok, and that with the girls gone, no other incentive. These guys weren't armed though, or at least didn't show. In THAT case, I risked it (after a guy took a swing at me), and took the guy out with a shot to the nose and dropped him. Well, I learned it ain't like the movies. He dropped, but two of his buddies grabbed me, and the other then went after my buddy. The 3 that joined in then went at us, a couple holding each of us, while the other hit.

Funny though, they didn't get much, other than a nice watch from me. Most of my cash was gone earlier in the night (was a fun night up until then). The police recovered my wallet the next day, so I had my license and stuff back. I'm lucky I wasn't seriously injured. At least I broke one of the guys' nose. Still, I was eating through a straw for a few days. Only fight I ever "lost".

edit on 30-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Your lucky they only took you money and stuff.

Half the time they rob you first and then shoot you anyway.

What part of the world are you in? I missed it if you mentioned it earlier.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Yes, thank goodness they didn't hurt us or shout or bash us or shoot us or anything crazy.
I love in Houston, TX.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that you got robbed at gun point. You did the right thing in staying calm and giving over what ever you had to them. The quicker it is for them the faster it all gets over with.

I use to live in GreensPoint area of Houston, I moved away after hearing gunshots, looking out the window ( i know dumb move on my end), and seeing a 13-15 year old running throught the aparment complex parking lot holding a 9mm. Moved out to kingwood first now, live up in the Conroe area.

Contact the police, get the police report done, and try to take it easy.

I hope you get peace of mind back, and some relaxation.

Take care.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I for one, know you'll never be the same. Your trust of strangers, for one thing. You'll see (and assess) every stranger as a possible threat. Sometimes it's a good thing (you'll be able to avoid situations early). Sometimes, you feel guilty for even considering it. But, time heals all wounds.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just checking back with you to see how you are. Did you decide to go to the police? No pressure, just wondering how it went if you did.

Hope you were able to rest and stop the auto replay for a while and relax.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Let me guess, these "teens" were Asian, right?

I suppose race makes a difference when someone is holding a gun to your head?
There's 2 kinds of people in these events; victims and perpetrators.
Everything else is inconsequential.
There's other sites that welcome race baiting but ATS is not one of them.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea I can feel that already. I was always a pretty cautious and observant person, but now, it's almost bordering on paranoia!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

To be honest, I'm not going to go to the police. I feel like it's a waste of both my time and theirs. It was 2 in the morning, NO ONE was around, and I couldn't pick these guys out of a lineup if my life depended on it. I purposefully tried not to look them in the faces.

As for people talking about the police collecting forensic evidence (i.e; skin cells in my pockets) :
Never going to happen. We're talking about an armed robbery where no one got hurt. Does anyone legitimately think the police would spend the time and money it takes to test DNA, etc, for a simple robbery?

Doubtful.

Thanks everyone for your kind words though, I'm feeling alot better now that the initial shock has worn off, although I can't stop replaying the event in my mind ad nauseum.
edit on 31-7-2013 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You really should file a report though. For one, it will help you if any fraudulent charges show up, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

At this point, I'm afraid the police are going to treat me like I'm stupid, because I've waited so long.
I cancelled my bank card immediately, and my credit is so bad that no one would be able to do anything with my identity...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
People that are too scared to come forward and report crimes are one of the reasons people get away with it for so long. Sometimes all it takes is one person to step forward and take a stand.

Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You're call, ultimately.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I understand how you feel and don' t for one second condemn you for it. It is your choice.

No, I know they will not do a forensics exam, and stated as much on the first page. It was a robbery, and the police deal with thousands a year. To them, it is no big deal.

To you, it is. So, that is why I addressed the incident on a personal, rather than legal level. You will find peace, sometimes, it just takes a while. You just have to resolve it within, and no one can do that for you. For some, it helps to talk about it, for others, it doesn't. Just find whatever works for you, and go with it. I said earlier, what you did to survive was the right thing, and that goes for the days, weeks, months, and years after, too. It is all about being a survivor, and not a victim. Right now, you may still be feeling like a victim. Changing that thought pattern to being a survivor is very helpful for many people.

A lot of people think that there are no witnesses to crimes, however, with the population we have, almost no crimes go unwitnessed. Whether or not someone would come forward is another story, as most people are afraid to get involved, or wish not to for personal reasons. Be assured though, likely someone did witness it.

Anyway, wishing you well. You have been on my mind. Good to know you are still surviving, keep doing whatever it takes, it's the right thing.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would have told him to go foock himself and just walk away. Or just start yelling and screaming. They likely won't shoot you, they'll get scared and run away most of the time. The moment you aquies though and look vunerable and comply with them they know they got someone to actually mug. They can't mug you if you just walk away. If it ever happens again, just start yelling and screaming okay, and don't comply, just walk away or run away. Just act like you won't be their victom and you won't be.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd rather not take the chance of getting shot. Real easy for you to say if you've not been in the same situation.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd rather not take the chance of getting shot. Real easy for you to say if you've not been in the same situation.

They'll steal your stuff then shoot you just as easy

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You should have went for the NUTS!

<< 1   >>

join