It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad charged after car (with kids inside) is towed, & other crooked tales. WAKE UP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Full article & video here

Neighbors said Victor Ruiz parked his car in a no parking zone when he briefly went to his apartment with groceries Thursday and left his two young daughters in the car.

According to neighbors, a tow truck driver quickly latched onto the family’s car and took off.

Court documents show the tow truck driver made the discovery and stopped about two miles away on Wheatley. Neighbors said he should have realized much earlier.

The Dad is an evil parent, because the tow truck company's grunts are downright retarded.

Anyone else reminded of the dumb old lady who sued McDonalds because her hot coffee burned her?

At least there's justice in the justice system, right?

The police protect from everyone, like fake terrorists, or scary knife-wielding teenagers and old men.

The teenager who was shot nine times in the middle of the street for knife threats, mentioned here

Or, the 95 year old man who was killed with tazers and bean bag rounds, mentioned here

The feds aren't Gods. Otherwise, they wouldn't be planting drugs in small businesses, see here

And did I mention, the NDAA is no longer legally unconstitutional? Its back in action. See here

But... I guess the Zimmerman trial (and the racial division attached to it), Justin Beiber's haircut, and the *royal* baby are more newsworthy, huh? Cops are just doing their jobs, right? Its all fine, because they're cops.

I bet I'll get flooded with people arguing that the police were doing their job, to serve and protect.

Listen, I know its fashionable to be the oddball in a debate, but deflate your ego long enough not to plague the rest of us who are truly dedicated to the saying "deny ignorance" with disinformation.

Authority figures and politicians are no more human than we are, and they shouldn't be bowed to like they're higher on the food chain. I agree that criminals shouldn't go out of their way to break the law or hurt people--but even some of the most unarguably guilty criminals out there are no worse than most of our police or politicians.

Petty criminals don't hold hundreds, thousands, or millions of lives in their hands, yet when they commit a crime, they're damned and condemned.

When powerful people commit crimes, they face no justice.

There is only one difference between a powerful man's crimes, and a poor man's crimes;

The poor man commits crimes if he breaks the law.

The powerful man passes laws, to legalize his crimes.

Don't argue on their behalf, please... I've had enough of listening to the stockholm-syndrome sub-culture of folks in the conspiracy community, so many of which camp out on ATS, defending their overlord tyrants to the death.

We'll start fresh some day. People will only take this for so long.

Anarchy over tyranny, order over anarchy.

edit on 30-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I can't think of anything on ATS that I've agreed more fully with. Well said. As if it came from my own brain!!
I'm honored to raise the first flag and paste the first star to your post.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
I can't think of anything on ATS that I've agreed more fully with. Well said. As if it came from my own brain!!
I'm honored to raise the first flag and paste the first star to your post.

Thanks friend

I've been seeing this SO MUCH lately! And if you think the ATS section of stockholm is bad... the comments on youtube are just... ugh.

Its mind boggling how people can surrender their body and mind to an armed badge.

Not me. Never.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Fear. Power. Two things the US has lots of. We want security, but at what cost?

Frankly, I don't think any nation in our position would be any better off. There're countries with higher standards of living and happier people, but none share the same burdens as the US.

It's easy to nitpick the US, but try BEING the US for a single day. That's the problem I have with blaming the US. The US is alone in regards to its position on this planet.

It's like blaming your parents for being bad parents but not being able to be a parent yourself. It's like condemning a flawed solution but not being able to offer anything better.

It's easy to blame but extremely hard to offer real workable solutions.

I realize I can take what I just said and apply to any country out there and thus justify the unjustifiable. But then again, what country out there can do what the US does and offer an alternative? Consider Hitler's Germany, for example. The US didn't just attack Germany alongside its allies, but it made a great sacrifice and offered freedom to those who escaped and/or survived the war. The US and its allies had a better answer than Hitler. This wasn't la la land. This wasn't ATS. This was real. Millions of people died during World War 2. The US had a lot to lose if it failed.
edit on 30-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I know, right? I just argued with Wrabbit2000 about this. Here is where I jumped in.
I just can't understand why people will just lay down and kiss their jack boots at the slightest cross look from these pigs. This poor girl at least stood up for herself. Good on her.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I know, right? I just argued with Wrabbit2000 about this. Here is where I jumped in.
I just can't understand why people will just lay down and kiss their jack boots at the slightest cross look from these pigs. This poor girl at least stood up for herself. Good on her.

Leeway for tyranny is the first step to the acceptance of tyranny.

That said...

In front of a judge? Jebus. Props to the girl

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So what are some solutions? I mean real solutions!

Those who are aware of these things are already aware of them. Those who just think it "will never happen to them," and "I never do anything wrong or have anything to hide, so why care" will not be swayed.

The people who would wake up are already awake. Those who are not will only become angry at being awakened from a sound slumber. Continuing in this way will only make people more jaded than anything else.

What is this thread supposed to accomplish other than division?

The only options I see being provided are either complain repeatedly, or suggesting a violent revolution. Neither one will work, in my opinion, since its a much, much deeper issue than that. And yet, I am quite certain that we can work within the systems in place to truly change things around.

It is our cultural story to behave in the ways that we do, and the only solution is to approach this issue directly instead of just changing the faces and forces we blame for our failings.

Waking up is great, but its what you do with the entire day after waking up that makes any difference whatsoever. "For better or worse" is something we all decide in our daily actions. Waking up is not a solution, it is just par for the course. Focusing on it, and the perceived importance of "awakening others" is not much of a solution in my mind.

So, what are your actual solutions for after waking up? Thats the part that matters most.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So what are some solutions? I mean real solutions!

Anything could fall under that category.

Violent revolution, peaceful revolution, or simply sitting quietly and prepping until the world implodes, then rebuilding from the ashes. Any of these would be considered solutions, and debating solutions is a pretty messy, extensive argument.

I personally believe in fighting tyranny with everything we have, giving out dvds of good documentaries that "awaken" folks, partaking in protests, prep. Anything you can do is a good solution, even just by reading this thread and gaining or doing nothing except understanding that authority is not God.

That is monumental.

Solutions are up for debate. Do you have any suggestions?

Those who are aware of these things are already aware of them. Those who just think it "will never happen to them," and "I never do anything wrong or have anything to hide, so why care" will not be swayed.

You wanna bet?

I was the dumb little kid who was overjoyed about Obama becoming president. I used to be a very optimistic, brainwashed little kid. Now, I'm a completely different person because of what I have learned.

I felt an obligation to dig once I learned what the world was really about.

I was swayed, so I believe others can be swayed.

The people who would wake up are already awake. Those who are not will only become angry at being awakened from a sound slumber. Continuing in this way will only make people more jaded than anything else.

You're preaching to the choir here. I know this.

But people need to go through that painful awakening phase.

What is this thread supposed to accomplish other than division?

Who exactly am I dividing? The citizens vs the police?

They're already divided, bud. They weren't on the same side before I made this thread.

The only options I see being provided are either complain repeatedly, or suggesting a violent revolution. Neither one will work, in my opinion, since its a much, much deeper issue than that. And yet, I am quite certain that we can work within the systems in place to truly change things around.

Violent revolution? When did I say that?

Again, solutions are up for debate, because around an issue so huge and complex, a zillion things could go right and wrong. Not to mention, there are big elements of it that are simply out of our control, and that we can only defend ourselves against.

Waking up is great, but its what you do with the entire day after waking up that makes any difference whatsoever. "For better or worse" is something we all decide in our daily actions. Waking up is not a solution, it is just par for the course. Focusing on it, and the perceived importance of "awakening others" is not much of a solution in my mind.

I have to disagree.

I think waking others up is the most important solution out there, because in the long run, no matter what SHTF, people will prepare for it and understand it better if they have some kind of prior warning or mental grasp for it. People deserve to choose what to believe, and unless we put the information out there, they don't have all the options.

Everything comes down to people.

People are the heart of the problems and the solutions.

Waking folks up is all important.

So, what are your actual solutions for after waking up? Thats the part that matters most.

Waking others up.

Prepping, information spreading, protests (if you're okay with having your name on a list).

Solution searching is a broad search.

new topics

top topics

join