It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Derek Black, the Reluctant Racist, and His Exit From White Nationalism"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There is a lot of intellectual blood on ATS over all the threads about the unfortunate Trayvon, Zimmerman tragedy.

This story about a young White supremacist turning away from that darkness to the light of humanity is a hopeful turn of events that we can mull over and perhaps feel all the debate was worth something.

I for one want to commend this young man and hope he remains steadfast in his new outlook.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Derek Black, the Reluctant Racist, and His Exit From White Nationalism

Black was born into the white-power aristocracy and spent his life building a reputation as a rising star in the white-nationalist scene. His father founded Stormfront.org, the Internet’s oldest and largest white-supremacy forum, and his mother was once married to former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke. Black used his prominent standing within the hate movement to amass a following of his own.

Renounced Racist Derek Black Speaks Out

Derek Black, whose father founded the white-supremacy forum Stormfront and whose mother was once married to a former KKK grand wizard, announced in a letter to the Southern Poverty Law Center last week that after a lifetime in the white nationalist movement, he could no longer support the beliefs he once preached. Black declined The Daily Beast’s request to comment on a story about his decision published Monday, but has since decided that he wants to set the record straight. Below is his response.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Can I just say ....... I don`t like where this website is heading with these stories ........ just thought I`d throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Trayvon/Zimmerman case has also aroused racism in a lot of people who generally weren't racist before.

In response to a Trayvon thread on another forum, someone posted the shocking black on white crime statistics which many of us weren't even aware of. Bill O'Reilly has also been covering this stuff.

The black community did themselves no favor by taking up the case of Trayvon Martin.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
From now on to show that Martin was not race based, every shooting victim must be put through the ringer as Trayvon was to show all shooting are justified. Or will the right cherry pick who deserves shooting and who doesn't.

Why do white children get excused for their gang related behavior while everyone else is labeled violent, racist blacks..etc.?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

They are more prone to be violent amongst themselves than they are white people. O'reilly is a racist idiot who got that part wrong.

Check it out on the FBI crime stats, if anything, blacks have more to fear than whites do, since the stats show that white on black crime is worse than it is on black on white.

By race

In 2011, the races of the 5,731 known hate crime offenders were as follows:
59.0 percent were white.
20.9 percent were black.
7.1 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
1.4 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
0.8 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
10.8 percent were unknown. (Based on Table 9.)

So quit spreading his lies.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
The Trayvon/Zimmerman case has also aroused racism in a lot of people who generally weren't racist before.

In response to a Trayvon thread on another forum, someone posted the shocking black on white crime statistics which many of us weren't even aware of. Bill O'Reilly has also been covering this stuff.

The black community did themselves no favor by taking up the case of Trayvon Martin.

Though you can post anything you like, the point to this thread is to offer a healing event. Perhaps you could get your head out of your own ignorant racism, by blaming a whole community for something.

Anyway who cares about what you think about the black community did one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

That's because most (insert race here) crimes against whites are rarely labeled as hate crime. When the opposite happens a good chance is that it will be filed as a hate crime.
Would you care to bring up the real statistics ? I've seen that database of info before, you cherry picked those stats.

Good on Derek, if more people would think like him this world would be a much much safer place.
edit on 29-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Actually...No I didn't

Just looked up race based crimes and those are the ones that showed up. I do not cheery pick stats or facts I am not a right winger...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

It actually goes deeped when you look under victims, goes by race, religion, sexual orientation and others.

Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2011, there were 3,645 victims of racially motivated hate crime.

71.9 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.
16.3 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.
5.2 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
4.8 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
1.9 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.(Based on Table 1.)

Those are under the Victims part of the stats.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ive never heard of this guy before but after reading his response he doesnt seem stupid and comes across as quite articulate, Its amazing what brainwashing can do to people.

Glad to see he was able to purge the crap from his head, hes only young so hopefully he goes on to do great things and set a good example for other kids who were brought up in hate filled homes.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think that because this young man didn't join the neo-nazi movement on his own volition, and was afforded a quality education ironically on the back of his old man's hate preaching, he perhaps had an easier journey to the realization that he was living with a warped and demented world-view than a lot of the foot-soldiers in the movement.

The chilling thing, to me, about neo-nazism is that for every slack-jawed yokel with a pronounced case of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in the movement, there's a well spoken individual who can make a superficially reasonable case for his beliefs who can serve to draw in fresh blood to fill the ranks.

Don Black is one such person, and I feel great mirth knowing that the apple of his eye has renounced his movement, though whatever distaste I have for the man on a personal level, it does hearten me that he didn't disown his son for his change of heart.

I applaud the kid for having the courage to renounce white supremacy - he's clearly too bright for that lot.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

That's hilarious!! Your statistics detail Hate Crimes, Eric Holder recently admitted Hate Crime laws do not protect whites.

These are just homicides, they don't include the hundreds of black on white burglaries, rapes, and violent assaults that occur daily.

From the Dept. of Justice

In contrast, check out White on Black rape statistics, you'll be shocked at what an incredibly rare occurrence they are.

If Trayvon Martin accomplished one thing, it was inadvertently awakening people to this horribly disproportionate epidemic of crime committed by African Americans.
edit on 30-7-2013 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Be careful of who use as a source...these come from isteve.com aka Steve Sailer. who is biased as hell...

Show me these stats from a reputable source. DOJ get theirs from FBI also.

Who is Steve Sailer?

He is one of a handful of extreme "scientific racists", affiliated with and often paid by extreme right-wing groups like VDare, American Renaissance, and others. He has written numerous pseudo-scientific articles on the internet that will fit his racist agenda that any race other than his own race, the White race, is inferior. He has a racist and condescending tone toward other races.

CNN quoted far-right blogger Steve Sailer on Obama, without noting background denigrating minorities

VDARE.com is a far-right anti-immigrant web magazine named for Virginia Dare, the first child of English descent born in the New World in the 16th century. In 2003, SPLC added VDARE.com to its list of hate websites

Sailer has written in defense of the Pioneer Fund, an organization designated a "hate group

Arrests by Race, 2011
Forcible rape
Whites commit 65%
Black commit 32.9 %

Sex offenses (except forcible rape and prostitution)
Whites commit 72.6 %
Black commit 24.9%

Guess where the DOJ get their stats from?...give up..FBI amongst others.

Four datasets (the FBI's UCR arrests, State felony court convictions, prison admissions, and the National Crime Victimization Survey) all point to a sex offender who is older than other violent offenders, generally in his early 30's, and more likely to be white than other violent offenders., does this mean that all children should fear older white men?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
reply to post by kimish

Those are under the Victims part of the stats.

This is totally ludicrous, completely bogus argument... lol
From your FBI link:
In the Uniform Crime Reporting Program, the victim of a hate crime may be an individual, a business, an institution, or society as a whole. In 2011, the nation’s law enforcement agencies reported that there were 7,713 victims of hate crimes. Of these victims, 16 were victimized in 6 separate multiple-bias incidents.

71.9%, or 5545 were black.

Compare those 5545 "hate crimes" across the entire country (not necessarily murders or even assaults, these could be something as simple as an alleged racial slur). Compare those to the thousands of actual MURDERS and ASSAULTS perpetrated by African Americans.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Those statistics are from the Department of Justice.

Nice try

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

I noticed you took the link off of the photo. Now show me the actual stats..from their webpage.

Not the one from a biased right winger blog.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

I was able to retrieve the original link you had so please don't lie and say it is from the DOJ..your pic of stats is from isteve.com.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Even if it was true...your stats are from 2002, mine are from 2011.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Your original link is here...

www.isteve.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
reply to post by FuZe7

Arrests by Race, 2011
Forcible rape
Black commit 32.9 %

You're absulutly correct my friend...

African Americans only account for 12.6% of the population, yet they commit a staggering 32.9% of rapes.

edit on 30-7-2013 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join