It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe what the US needs is a war on corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A war on corruption is a war that would actually do some good for the majority of the people, the 99% of us or so.

I’m sick and tried of politicians lying under other and it going unpunished, government cover-ups to keep the truth from the people, banks that launder money to only receive a small fine when caught, FIXED ELECTIONS, fixed markets, the devaluing of the dollar by the creation of $80 billion per month in new money to prop up the illusion of a healthy market, illegal wars, illegal covert ops to overthrow foreign leaders, the push to control Iranian oil, THE FACT THAT CONGRESS HAS GIVEN THE POWER TO CONTROL THE MONEY SUPPLY TO A PRIVATE BANK AND THIS MONEY IS NO LONGER BACKED BY ANYTHING BUT DEBT, the monopolizing control large corporations are gaining through partnerships with other corporations, banks, and the government, THE FACT THAT CONGRESS HAS FAILED TO PASS A BUDGET IN OVER 4 YEARS, the out of control spying on of American Citizens, THE LABLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS AS ENEMY COMBATANTS, hypocritical drug laws that I won’t get into due to T&Cs, tax evasion of the rich, tax exemption for the most fascist companies, discrimination against the patriot, UNKNOWN STATE OF THE GOLD SUPPLY, increased oil production in the US yet gas prices remain extremely high, and the list goes on and on.

Maybe what we need is a war on all of this, a combined effort to right the wrongs that we have been allowing to happen. We can easily get the money from one of three places. Either scale back or end the illegal wars and ops, end the spying on Americans, or relax or end the war on drugs with sensible drug laws that replace jail time for non-violent drug offenders with treatment options.

For this to happen, and I see it happening, is we would all need to wake up to what is really going on in the world. We would need to admit we have been duped, convince others of this fact, and force government to take all the steps necessary to right the wrongs.

We live in a world where technology should be making life better and easier for all of us and that just isn’t happening. Instead of blowing stuff up we could be building and rebuilding. I honestly believe if it wasn’t for that fact that the top .0001% or whatever has the markets, governments, and banks under so much control that they have the system down to a science, we could all be somewhat prosperous. Just by replacing a monetary system that is based on debt with one based on resources, would stop the invisible siphoning of money from the people and increase personal prosperity. Another major area I see is in the high price of gas. By keeping oil and gas prices so high the people pay for it at the pump and it adds up. I can’t help but wonder how much better things would be here if gas prices had just stayed around the $1.50 / gallon price. Everyone here, with the exception of the 1% maybe, would be a lot better off.

The way I see it, all these subtle ways money is siphoned from the people is THEIF, and it should be prosecuted. Local government I see as the least corrupt right now and the easiest to access, so likely a good place to focus on for those who also want change, real change.
What say you ATS?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I love the idea... but a "war on corruption" would be a D.O.J. operation... there is no way on Earth that Eric Holder should be leading any such investigations...

Maybe if you start tackling the corruption on a state level (as you suggested) it could possibly work... the problem is with prosecution and the Feds stepping in with "immunity" to protect their own...

edit on 29-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Caffeine induced cranial clarity

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A war on corruption? Bad idea. We had/have a war on poverty, and got more poverty. We had/have a war on drugs, and got more drugs. We had/have a war on terrorism, and have more terrorism.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well we just need the law to start being enforced on these people.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Well we just need the law to start being enforced on these people.

But...these are the very ones who think they are above the Law.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Then we need to elect people who will stay within the limits of the law.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Then we need to elect people who will stay within the limits of the law.

Again, nice thought, but the elections/selections are rigged, or we are given only NWO-approved candidate A, or NWO-approved candidate B. Our options are running out.

new topics

top topics

join