It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant hail stones rain down on German village.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yikes! I would not want to be caught out in this!

A severe hail storm caused major damage on Saturday evening in the German village of Wassel near Hanover. Eyewitnesses in the Lower Saxony village reported that hail stones the size of "tennis balls" damaged roofs, windows, garden furniture and vehicles. Local resident, Kathleen Busche said: "I ran to my window and then it really started. Our doors cracked, and the 'tennis balls' jumped up and down in our garden, and we got into a panic." Experts estimate the amount of damage to several million euros. Local forecasts predict more bad weather.

has anyone here experienced hail that big? Never seen it that size before here in Ireland, luckily.

Link

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
That ain't hale. You want to see hail come to Oklahoma. We do it baseball sized.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Yeah I just youtubed it,

Jeepers! that would scare the crap outta me!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow, that's alot of damage...honestly the hail didn't look that big, to me atleast.

I grew up in the middle of Kansas and I can remember some good one's.

The worst was softball size, they were bigger than my hand, shortly before the hail came a tornado tried to touch down in the field behind us about 100 yards or so away. It was as calm as it could have been, the skies were a scary but beautiful grayish that looked like it just wanted to swallow a little town up.

After we sat a watched the tornado try and touch down, the hail came. Now that was scary, almost went through the metal on the chicken coop, my brother was hit on the shoulder and chipped his collar bone and was black and blue for a few weeks.

Being fearless kids we quickly learned our lesson dealing with mother nature, it can be so beautiful at time's and other's can be the most destructive force ever seen!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
13 years ago my mother took a video in australia with golf ball sized hail stones it destroyed the rental car that they had killed loads of animals .

but that was usual for ns wales i am told thank the lord harry we do not get that in the u.k

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah, the Central U.S. gets pummeled with monstrous hail every year.

Just the other day,
Kansas was rocked by a storm bringing Baseball sized hail to several counties.

photoblog.nbcnews.com...

Hail can be extremely destructive...
you don't want to be outside when golf-balls are falling from the sky - let alone, baseballs.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here in BC, hail is the size of rice. And that is very dangerous looking hail.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

has anyone here experienced hail that big? Never seen it that size before here in Ireland, luckily.

Yes, hail that size does happen here in Montana. Once, we even got softball size, like some of the ones above.

new topics

top topics

join