It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to win a baby? Bizarre TV gameshow gives away orphans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Could you imagine growing up and finding out that your parents had won you on a gameshow? Personally I would be very disgusted. And all for ratings!

A TV gameshow has tried to win the world’s most extreme ratings war ... by giving away BABIES. Amaan Ramazan, dubbed Pakistan’s answer to The Price is Right, usually awards washing machines or laptops. But when viewing peaks during the holy month of Ramadan it has twice offered newborns to winners.

The show argues that they are actually helping save children who have been abandoned at birth, it is a pretty big problem in Pakistan where hundreds of babies are abandoned every month, birth outside marriage is condemned and adultery can be punishable by death, girls are much more at risk of being abandoned as they are seen as a financial risk as most are banned from work

The shows host did not mention how the 'contestants' had been vetted.

I think its awful

I believe its right to help find abandoned babies loving homes, but to do it in this way is just wrong!

Link

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

There is nothing new in the world. Somebody already thought of that ... minus the TVs.

The orphan trains are among the most famous episodes in adoption history. Between 1854 and 1929, as many as 250,000 children from New York and other Eastern cities were sent by train to towns in midwestern and western states, as well as Canada and Mexico. Families interested in the orphans showed up to look them over when they were placed on display in local train stations, and placements were frequently made with little or no investigation or oversight.
pages.uoregon.edu...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Disturbing....Sounds like a pedophiles perfect game show...

If the old saying is true that history judges a society based upon how it treats it's oldest and it's youngest members...I'm sure we (this age) will have raving reviews in the future...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wonder what happens when the ratings are low
Do they go out and steal babies ?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

yeah or buy them on the black market.

Not a nice thought.

new topics

top topics

join