It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really about preventing voting fraud or is it about preventing as much people as possible from

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

In order to get a copy of your SS card, you must present a photo ID. Same goes for birth certificate.

Wow...you just keep making up the most bizzarely wrong crap?

My toddlers have Social Security cards? AND Birth certificate....Psst...they don't have drivers liscenses.

Edit to add: I just remembered the other reason I ignore you, beside the baiting...you just make crap up and claim them as fact...often stuff that anyone living in reality knows is wrong.

Back to ignoring you...
edit on 31-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

In order to get a copy of your SS card, you must present a photo ID. Same goes for birth certificate.

Wow...you just keep making up the most bizzarely wrong crap?

My toddlers have Social Security cards? Psst...they don't have drivers liscenses.

So, you are comparing the paperwork filed by the hospital, for a live birth, the same as if you walk in from the street to get a copy of your SS card.

Please, as I will wait, call your local SS admin and ask what you need for YOUR card.

I will wait.............................................................................................................................
edit on 31-7-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
really if you don't have an SS card you don't exist anymore in America and if you don't exist you really don't need to vote. The only peoson that I would think doesn't have a SS card would be a major criminal

Not to mention your SS card says right on it that it's nat a valid ID at least my original AMERICAN one does

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So...Did some more homework, just for little old you.
Called 10 banks, 7 banks and 3 credit unions. ALL stated a photo ID was required to open an account and/or cash a check.

I guess I should call some airports and check to see what truly is required to pass through TSA screening and get on a plane to visit family".

More to come.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The federal govt requires photo ID to buy popular cold medicines:

FDA LINK

The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 has been incorporated into the Patriot Act signed by President Bush on March 9, 2006. The act bans over-the-counter sales of cold medicines that contain the ingredient pseudoephedrine, which is commonly used to make methamphetamine. The sale of cold medicine containing pseudoephedrine is limited to behind the counter. The amount of pseudoephedrine that an individual can purchase each month is limited and individuals are required to present photo identification to purchase products containing pseudoephedrine. In addition, stores are required to keep personal information about purchasers for at least two years.

It should be obvious for anyone to see that the Obama Administration, in continuing the Patriot Act, wants the poor, minorities and registered Democrats to die from the effects of untreated colds, allergies and influenza. Those groups predominately do not have photo ID's and can't possibly get them and furthermore can't be expected to get them.... because they don't have cars and would have to walk thousands of miles, (without shoes, of course, since they are all poor) to get a photo ID, and when the show up after that walk, would be told they couldn't get one.... because the govt doesn't want them to have one! (I am not being serious, just pointing out how ludicrous some of the Voter ID opposition's arguments are)

Why aren't there lawsuits being filed to allow these meds to be sold to these poor ID-lacking individuals?

I'll tell you why.
The Democratic Party doesn't care one bit about them....

They just want their votes.

And they will bus them in from other towns to get those votes.
edit on 1-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well its the same rules for everybody I do not see a problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The federal govt requires photo ID to buy popular cold medicines:

FDA LINK

BS is exhausting Butch....From YOUR link above

17. What will be required to purchase pseudoephedrine?

In order to purchase pseudoephedrine:
Buyers must:

Present a photo identification card issued by the State or the Federal Government or a document that is considered acceptable by the seller
Enter into the logbook their information such as name, address, date and time of sale, and signature

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

So...Did some more homework, just for little old you.
Called 10 banks, 7 banks and 3 credit unions. ALL stated a photo ID was required to open an account and/or cash a check.

Lord...you crack me up. Wonder how I opened savings accounts for my children? Or how the 11% of Americans without a DL or State ID cash thier paychecks or SS payments?

You are making an earth flat statement. A bank might ask for a photo-id, but they do not REQUIRE it.

Here...the first return when I googled..

If you do not have a license or passport, you can bring in 2 forms of ID. (These include, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Medicare card, Insurance card.)

www.callawaybank.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

For adults, the banks were very clear. Photo ID.
Wish you could have listened in on the calls.

But, lets get back on topic.

Having a photo ID is great for voting. It proves who you are, that you are a citizen and can be compared to voter registration for voting.

Aside from your group think statement that it is supposed to suppress the monitory vote, doesn't mean that it isn't a way to combat voter fraud.

I guess that requiring a DL of minorities is driver suppression, because after all, it is so hard for them to get to a DL office and costs money to do so.

*Shakes fist in air* Damn you GW Bush.

edit on 1-8-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Having a photo ID is great for voting. It proves who you are, that you are a citizen and can be compared to voter registration for voting.

Great...now lets make it a level playing field and require that EVERYONE get a shiny new, specific VOTER PHOTO ID and invalidate DLs as a form of ID for voting. This has the added benefit that while there have only been a few cases of genuine, prosecuted, voter impersonation...there have been 100,000's of FAKE Drivers Liscenses...so we eliminate that.

Make every DMV issue the cards for free, during all the hours they are open...not limited to a few hours per month every 5th Wed. (4 months a year have 5 wed.s) at only 1 or 2 offices.

Everyone who wants to vote has the same burden and cost...EVERYONE needs a new Voter Photo ID...no more DLs.

Do that and I am right on board with you.

But I suspect you wouldn't go for that? Again the value of Voter Photo ID is in the supression.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

For adults, the banks were very clear. Photo ID.
Wish you could have listened in on the calls.

Apparently not the first bank that returned my quiry in google? Link in last post.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The progressives know that presenting a legal document when voting will start a trend that will hinder their agenda.

Many of the valid arguments have already been presented so I won't repeat them.

It...just...is...common...sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Again the value of Voter Photo ID is in the supression.

But I've seen you post many anti-gun posts. A law abiding citizen has to fill out forms, get a background check AND present ID.

That isn't oppression?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
The progressives know that presenting a legal document when voting will start a trend that will hinder their agenda.

The "progressives" know that a voter registration card is a legal document.

The "right-wing" knows that legal voting doesn't work in thier favor...so they want to change the law.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Again the value of Voter Photo ID is in the supression.

But I've seen you post many anti-gun posts. A law abiding citizen has to fill out forms, get a background check AND present ID.

That isn't oppression?

No one has ever walked into an elementary school and shot 20 kids with a voter registration card.

And no one knows if the purchaser is a "law abiding citizen" until that background check is processed.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You and I would probably agree that Corporations are not people. And we may even agree that there should be total transparency when it comes to the funding of campaigns.

Hell, I even agree with you on the fact that Drivers licenses can be forged.

But there MUST be a way to provide proof of one person, one vote. It may not matter in the POTUS election, but it does matter in all the local ones.

I support this measure.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No one has ever walked into an elementary school and shot 20 kids with a voter registration card.

Politicians who have been illegally voted into office can do a whole lot more damage and it takes longer to fix. Lives lost, businesses destroyed all for the benifit of a few.

And no one knows if the purchaser is a "law abiding citizen" until that background check is processed.

The weapon is not handed over until the background check is completed.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But there MUST be a way to provide proof of one person, one vote. It may not matter in the POTUS election, but it does matter in all the local ones.

I support this measure.

I am good with that...but the burden of proof must be equal...in convenience or inconvenience.

Eliminate the DL as a form of Voter ID and demand everyone get a specific Photo Voter ID.

Make it free...and make it accessable without economic or geographic discrimination.

The manner in which Photo Voter IDs has been proposed and implemented is just the opposite. It is intentionally inconvient...geographically distant offices, open only a few days a month...or in AL only the 5th Wed. of every month (only 4 months have 5 Wed.s) and located far away from Urban centers..

Make it an even playing field and I am on board.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Politicians who have been illegally voted into office can do a whole lot more damage and it takes longer to fix. Lives lost, businesses destroyed all for the benifit of a few.

Name the last politician where it was proven he was voted into office illegally.

They don't stuff ballot boxes anymore...technology.

The weapon is not handed over until the background check is completed.

Yah I took issue with the order of your wording...the presumption that everyone filling out background checks is a "law abiding citizen".

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

People have been busted voting multiple times or with false IDs...across the board. Just look at Al Frankens suddenly found ballots in the trunk of a car.

This to me is on a more local level and it does count. There has to be a way to make it above board.

And just because someone passes a background check means they're a upstanding citizen. It just means that they haven't been caught before.

Is a inconvience, yep. But if it matters to the voter, they'll take the time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join