It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Hosts an Iftar Dinner For Ramadan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This thread is to ask how others feel about the event, what it might mean and not to bash. Repeat...NOT TO BASH!

Please

Came across this and it's left me confused. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but a few comments on the video itself sums it up quite nicely.

Some comments from other viewers:

"Barack to Muslim business owners: You are wonderful and we couldn’t do it without you.

Barack to the average hard working white business owner: You didn’t build that!"

I remember the statement of "You didn't build that" and can see the point of the poster but wasn't the statement taken out of context? Can't remember.

President Obama hosts an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan in the State Dining Room. This is the fifth Iftar that President Obama has hosted, continuing the tradition of hosting Iftars that began annually under President Clinton and was continued by President George W. Bush.

The invited guests include elected officials, religious and grassroots leaders in the Muslim American community, and leaders of diverse faiths and members of the diplomatic corps. July 25, 2013.

Didn't know this wasn't the first. What other religions does he host dinners for? Many will say Christmas for the Christians but is there another?

Are these dinners because he is Muslim himself or is it to appease the Muslim community?

And this one:

"Where is the falsely vaunted left’s “separation of church and state” outcry? This SOB/POS is hosting and feasting these fools ON MY DIME!!! De-fund Oblamocare AND the WH entertainment/travel expense account."

Ok, this one has me confused. If the separation of Church and State were the real issue, Why the Christmas festivities, Easter egg hunt on the lawn etc? Do the Muslims protest these? Do the Athiests? I honestly don't know so I'm just looking for insight...NOT TO BASH!

I wanted to post more poster comments from other sites but to be quite honest it was difficult to find even these few that weren't extremely against T&C.

Peace

edit on 27-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Are these dinners because he is Muslim himself or is it to appease the Muslim community?

It's call pandering what I call whispering sweet nothings in to peoples ears telling them how special they are, and how they are nothing without him.

"Barack to Muslim business owners: You are wonderful and we couldn’t do it without you.

I do quite a lot of things without Muslim business owners so do millions of others.

Barack to the average hard working white business owner: You didn’t build that!"

A political lie that just reaffirms the first comment pandering to people because see only government builds stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
so chewed out

he s the groomed Boogeyman for all those fearful christians

and they bite hook line sinker

Does it matter whatever he does?
ofcourse not.
fake is a fake.
distraction is all that matters.

- he was also honoured "Hanuman"
the vedic ape, bavian, who destroyed Eden.
so ?

who cares about this man. A Slave. Thats all.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think he's just keeping with the tradition of trying to please the Muslim world.

The whole concept of the Ramadan dinners, I recently learned was the idea of the Clinton White House. The first iftar dinner was was held in 1996 as per the advice of Abdurahman Alamoudi to then First Lady Hilary Clinton. Interestingly the Clinton advisor, Abdurahman Alamoud, was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood as well as a supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah and later served a 23 jail sentence on terrorism charges. (A Crisis of Leadership?, Family Security Matters, August 15, 2010)

actforamericaomaha.com...

That's how it started apparently.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This thread is to ask how others feel about the event, what it might mean and not to bash. Repeat...NOT TO BASH!
I honestly don't know so I'm just looking for insight...NOT TO BASH!

Yeah,
I gotta be honest.
Anything I might have to say on this particular subject would be considered bashing by some context.
Not much insight needed beyond the obvious.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
was nothing against you Jude
thanks for posting

and please post whatever new you run into

- but these jokers.... are so exhausting.... and so, so obvious

regards to you

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This thread is to ask how others feel about the event...

Don't care. Don't see why I should.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
thanks for posting

regards to you

It's getting to be a real downer on ATS that we have to watch how we word things or even what subjects to touch on because others jump in are either offended, angered or just trolling the latest issue of the day.

Still, my guess? Political and that's it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

This thread is to ask how others feel about the event...

Don't care. Don't see why I should.

At least that's an honest straight forward answer that I can appreciate.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Don't blame ATS as he does try to 'be all things to all people' not because he gives a crap about them, but for his own power, and 'glory'.

So yeah people do use a lot of labels to describe the guy that isn't the fault of ATS posters.

That's his.

edit on 27-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jude11

Don't blame ATS as he does try to 'be all things to all people' not because he gives a crap about them, but for his own power, and 'glory'.

So yeah people do use a lot of labels to describe the guy that isn't the fault of ATS posters.

That's his.

edit on 27-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

um...Wasn't actually talking about Obama as the World doesn't revolve around him as much as he believes.

Was a complete blanket statement on many topics of late.

This is ONE such topic.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

um...Wasn't actually talking about Obama as the World doesn't revolve around him as much as he believes.

Could not agree more now if the 'majority' would figure that out.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I went to an Iftar dinner at a Mosque two days ago
after fasting for the day, and it was nice.
Families, kids, friendly people
I really enjoyed myself.

Why should I deny the President the same opportunity?
Besides part of his position is to represent us to the rest of the world

so
from me.

Mike

Sweet Melon, dates, and friend vegetables as an appetizer,
then prayers,
then the main course with super tender and delicious lamb.
Dark tea after the meal
edit on 27-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
On comment, Drop the You didn't build that line.

Enough with that crap, I CAN'T stand Obama, and even I know he was referring to the road system, the electrical, infrastructure spending etc. That he meant sorta the it takes a village type thinking.

pandering is nothing new and as old as time.
edit on 27-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
I went to an Iftar dinner at a Mosque two days ago
after fasting for the day, and it was nice.
Families, kids, friendly people
I really enjoyed myself.

Why should I deny the President the same opportunity?
Besides part of his position is to represent us to the rest of the world

so
from me.

Mike

Sweet Melon, dates, and friend vegetables as an appetizer,
then prayers,
then the main course with super tender and delicious lamb.
Dark tea after the meal
edit on 27-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

Sounds like a good time. Complete opposite from my Ukrainian heritage and 5 day weddings of food and drink but each to his own...

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I honestly don't know so I'm just looking for insight...NOT TO BASH!

Yeah,
I gotta be honest.
Anything I might have to say on this particular subject would be considered bashing by some context.
Not much insight needed beyond the obvious.

All I asked was for honesty and you delivered without having to roll in the mud.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

thanks for posting

regards to you

It's getting to be a real downer on ATS that we have to watch how we word things or even what subjects to touch on because others jump in are either offended, angered or just trolling the latest issue of the day.

Peace

...actually, i hoped i had been in Time telling you that it was nothing against you
because i feared you could take it that way

- how can it be against you
Never.

just the sheer stupidity and Arranged pathetic obvious Distraction concerning that guy ,
causing Panick by such a lot of those who call themselves christians of forums, if not watchers,
is slowly on starting to annoy and infuriate me

...how can those, who say they understand anything, get duped over and over again by THIS magnitude of a Joke

so it was Dissapointment
- but not onto you Jude
...please keep posting

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

thanks for posting

regards to you

Peace

...actually, i hoped i had been in Time telling you that it was nothing against you
because i feared you could take it that way

- how can it be against you
Never.

just the sheer stupidity and Arranged pathetic obvious Distraction concerning that guy ,
causing Panick by such a lot of those who call themselves christians of forums, if not watchers,
is slowly on starting to annoy and infuriate me

...how can those, who say they understand anything, get duped over and over again by THIS magnitude of a Joke

so it was Dissapointment
- but not onto you Jude
...please keep posting

Understood and thanks.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The catch phrase, "You didn't build that" didn't stem from the notion that nothing can be built without government, it stemmed from the notion that employees have a huge helping hand in building a successful business and therefor shouldn't be treated like they're disposable and unworthy of a decent income.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i personally believe that obama is muslim. nothing wrong with that (in theory), but there you have it.

doesn't eat shellfish because his poison tester isn't there. slips up in an interview and says "my muslim faith". and of course his past schooling.

no concrete proof, just suspicions. afterall, this is america, a land devoted to allowing differences (in theory).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join