It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God for the Food Service Industry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've been having a lot of trouble over the past 16 months finding employment. Finally I've gotten a job. Sure, it's just washing dishes at a restaurant, but that doesn't bother me. Sure, it's just a minimum wage job, however, $7.25 an hour is a livable wage where I live, so I have no complaints. Hell, the last time I worked for minimum wage it was only $5.15 an hour.

So far the staff seems friendly enough, after being in the military, I can put up with just about anybody. Things are starting to come up Dave.

For the first time in months I get to say "I'd like to stick around, but I have to go to work."

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good to see you back from time to time Dave...

Stick it out, I am sure that with a stiff upper lip coupled with much patience and perseverance things can and i sincerely hope only get better for you.

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 26-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Can't even spell perseverance... how crap i am!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

It's great to see someone showing gratitude for something positive, no matter how small it may seem in the midst of all the reasons we may find to be negative. Well done, Sir, it's a good lesson for us all. And congratulations to you. Here's hoping things keep looking up for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great to see you back

Good luck with the new job dude.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Good to see you working. Energy needs to be busy. Keep your spending down and the money you make will be enough. People can make forty bucks an hour and still only have a hundred bucks left at the end of the month. I seem to have more fun doing things that are cheap or having hobbies where I make money off of them. As long as the initial investment of a chosen hobby is small, it's good.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Now that you have a job again, maybe it'll help finding the next one.

On a side note, if you move here and work in the oilfield you can make $20/hour starting out. The Midland/Odessa area is big. So is Big Spring. And everything in between.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Congratulations dude!

Head high! Rock on!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

As hard as jobs are to come by these days, I'd be foolish to be anything but happy to find one. As my dad always says, "Any job is better than no job."

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've never been a big spender, All I have to worry about right now is the $200 a month for my half of the rent and utilities, and to start paying off my debts so that the creditors will get off my back. Luckily it's a full-time job, so I should have no problem treading water.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I've thought about it, I've also thought about moving to ND to work in the oil fields since I have family there. First things first, I'll have to take care of some debts and start saving a bit of money.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well, i will sweeten the pot: I know a place where the beer is 29 degrees on tap. And ill buy you one when you get here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Damn, now you got me thinkin. A 29 degree Shiner Bock sounds good.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Damn, now you got me thinkin. A 29 degree Shiner Bock sounds good.

Yup. Also Dos Equis, Blue Moon Pale Ale, and a few IPA selections.

We call Shiner a "domestic". Budweiser, and Sam Adams....those are "Imports".

edit on 26-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join