It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA targets medical marijuana collectives in washington state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
these raids on medical marijuana businesses really is un-necessary.

it's not like they will be going any where. these business owners are not like a street dealer with a hand kerchief around his face. I mean come on!

people would not be as upset if they took the businesses to court and had an open sensible discussion. instead the DEA runs in, guns drawn, and make a scene. on the television it looks like something right out of the al pacino film "scarface."

it's a real shame too. both sides can come to the table and talk like adults. instead we get this nonsense.

www.kirotv.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I swear I am sick to my stomach with our species...always more suffering, more lies, more death, more greed, and more BS.

I honestly can't figure out wtf we can do to make things better either.

Are there 1-way tickets off this rock?

Oh, and SnF for the news.

edit on 26-7-2013 by Shark_Feeder because: S&F

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Funding for Police, funding for lawyers, funding for judges, funding for prison officials, funding for prison infrastructure, funding for parole programs.

Did I cover it all yet?

Land of the free and highly profitable (for some.)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Funding for Police, funding for lawyers, funding for judges, funding for prison officials, funding for prison infrastructure, funding for parole programs.

Did I cover it all yet?

Land of the free and highly profitable (for some.)

And at this rate broke.

Prisons over crowded with non-violent offenders, so much so that many have had to release inmates for lack of funding.

Happened a few times in CA.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I tell you what I'm sick of.

I am damn sick of the feds sticking their noses in states rights. We need to shut these morons down.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

A few quick facts for the curious reader:
Legal Marijuana

After Initiative 502 was approved by 55 percent of the vote, it will be legal for adults 21 and older to possess marijuana in Washington state starting December 6, 2012. Here’s some of what you need to know.

What does this mean to me?
It means adults 21 and older can possess up to 1 ounce of the drug; 16 ounces of a solid marijuana-infused product, such as brownies or baked goods; or 72 ounces of infused liquid, such as oil for personal use only.

So it’s legal to carry around that amount?
Yes, butthe initiative says it “is unlawful to open a package containing marijuana ... in view of the general public.”

I’m not a medical marijuana patient. Where can I legally buy pot or pot-infused goods?
Currently, nowhere. The Washington State Liquor Control Board is working to develop guidelines for the sale and distribution of marijuana and has until Dec. 1, 2013, to finalize those rules. In the meantime, production and sale of non-medical marijuana remains illegal.

Another very important point that should be brought up in regards to this raid.
Seattle Raids

The DEA agents told the owner the raid of several dispensaries in Washington was part of a two-year investigation, although they would not discuss details of what they call an ongoing investigation.

The sad truth is that a lot of these businesses operate in a very grey area still. It wasn't (and still isn't) as difficult to get the necessary paperwork for medical marijuana as you might think and it isn't always for legitimate reasons. There is also a distinct possibility that at some point during the investigation something was sold to someone without the requisite paperwork and what not.

And in the end.
CBS News

In response, Justice Department spokeswoman Nanda Chitre said in a statement: "The department's enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged. In enacting the Controlled Substances Act, Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. We are reviewing the ballot initiatives and have no additional comment at this time."

edit on 26-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Absolutely deplorable! Don't the Department of Justice have proper criminals to pursue??? LoL

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Did not Obama promise that these raids would stop during last election?? I guess that was yet another one of his many lies.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
its policing for profit, pure and simple. police agencies should never be allowed to keep any confiscated money or property, all that policy has done is created legal thieves and thugs. the only solution i can see is dissolve the current federal (mafia) government and become a confederation. bar any and all federal politicians from ever holding office again and make sure to limit the powers of a new less powerful central body.

Now who could that be knocking on my door at this late hour...
edit on 26-7-2013 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

yes they do...themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
these raids on medical marijuana businesses really is un-necessary.

it's not like they will be going any where. these business owners are not like a street dealer with a hand kerchief around his face. I mean come on!

people would not be as upset if they took the businesses to court and had an open sensible discussion. instead the DEA runs in, guns drawn, and make a scene. on the television it looks like something right out of the al pacino film "scarface."

it's a real shame too. both sides can come to the table and talk like adults. instead we get this nonsense.

www.kirotv.com...

pretty simple really, the drug you speak of is a money maker for the elite and they use the government to enforce their will, they don't want anyone being healthy or happy so we can all go home now because discussion will do nothing. it's not about science, nor morals, it's about complete control of the people so why bother discussing symptoms any longer, waste of time if you ask me.

sceptic overlord says he now wants to discuss this matter openly, again why bother since we all know the reason and it will not change it on a fed level unless the feds fall down on their own. just blowing worthless wind in the air.

this thread will probably be removed anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

sceptic overlord says he now wants to discuss this matter openly, again why bother since we all know the reason and it will not change it on a fed level unless the feds fall down on their own. just blowing worthless wind in the air.

this thread will probably be removed anyway.

That has been happening already. Some open discussion.
C'mon ATS, head out of the sand, please. There is a new paradigm to implement and we need to have positive input.

Scary the militarized police and the federal agencies that routinely point their guns in peoples' faces. No need for that.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Yes.

applicants.mars-one.com...

You´re welcome.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I started a thread 3 years ago about this subject in relation to the Michigan law that had passed a couple years prior to that. The Feds were collecting information then and now they are making their moves.

Check out that thread here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those few posts are related to the ones here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Who invited the Feds into our Medicine cabinet.

Mandatory Federal urine tests for pain management patients.

States passing laws then cowering when the Feds make their money grab.

Machines sniffing us as we drive down the highway.

Machines checking how much money is in your pocket.

This technology could be used in medicine. Doesn't cancer have a smell?

We must be dogged in our attempt to back off the Feds.
edit on 26-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In fact, it seems to.
Iknife

The iKnife is a surgical tool connected to a computer that literally smells cancer. This device gives doctors even more precision and power in the operating room. The iKnife cuts through skin and produces smoke, which is read by a mass spectrometer to determine if the flesh is healthy or cancerous.

Droppin knowledge.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
In fact, it seems to.
Iknife

The iKnife is a surgical tool connected to a computer that literally smells cancer. This device gives doctors even more precision and power in the operating room. The iKnife cuts through skin and produces smoke, which is read by a mass spectrometer to determine if the flesh is healthy or cancerous.

Droppin knowledge.

Thanks....

I had no idea...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This supposed dangerous drug is just too safe and medicinal, they have to make it scary to protect the profits.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Except nobody is still scared of it....
U.S. News

A majority of Americans are in favor of legalizing the use of marijuana, a national survey finds, a shift in attitude after more than four decades of polling on the issue.
Fifty-two percent of Americans say the use of marijuana should be made legal, while 45 percent say it should not, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted in March among 1,501 adults. People aged 18 to 32 are the most supportive group, but half of baby boomers now favor legalizing marijuana, too.

The survey shows the acceptance rate has risen 11 points since 2010. The shift is even more dramatic when taking into account a 1969 Gallup survey showing that only 12 percent of Americans favored legalization.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join