It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Poorest People on the Planet have made the most Richest Creations known to Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I happened across a video this morning that sure rocked me.
Its about the Locals in Paraguay making their own heaven in the middle of hell.

These folks farm and at the same time recycle garbage from the dump/Landfill they live on and they sell the good stuff but not all of it.

Here is a link of many that you can find that shows just how poor these people are.
www.numbeo.com...

What they did do was keep the items that could be made into musical instruments for their own pleasure and their children's enjoyment.

This is mind blowing stuff just to think how down on your luck can you be, but still produce your own symphony in these pitiful conditions.

We hope you are inspired by this video posted below.
www.youtube.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Incredible, and shameful at the same time when I think about some of the stuff I've thrown away in past. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyrdnews

Yes same for us here, makes you wonder where actual innovation comes from? The brainy people or the poor?

Glad you enjoyed it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As a person who dived in 10,000 dumpsters and resold a lot of what I found to people at flea markets and stuff, I completely identify with the reclaiming of discarded resources. There is but one surface of one planet under our feet.

The video mentioned that these people not only make theses instruments but also resell what else they find. You saw them meet the trucks at the landfill. Most people when they see that scene think, eww... whats to recycle in the garbage?

Theres your sign.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well said, there is no such thing as shame unless it is created for a reason.
We have been lucky enough that we have never had to do the garbage thing but I will tell you this.

Anytime we are out and see something worthwhile at the curb we stop and grab it.

Both our parents did the depression and the stories stayed put in our heads here....."waste not want not"

Thanks for your candid reply.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 23-7-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join