It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnel: IRS Sabotaged my campaign!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

The left gets more than it's fair share of bashing on ATS (sometimes it's even deserved), I'm merely attempting to bring balance. I'm just using what they give me.

Christine ODonnel is a crackpot looking to extend her failed 15 minutes of fame jumping on "the IRS is a scary boogeyman" bandwagon.

I just wanted to remind people what really tanked her ambition for office.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Interesting thought, there. You want to remind people what really tanked her campaign?

Let me see. A Gallup survey of Delaware showed Democrats in the lead 61% - 39% in 2009.
www.gallup.com...
The last Republican Senator from Delaware was elected in 1966. The one before that was elected in 1942. Two Republican Senators in seventy years. I wonder who they were going to vote for?

The Democrat, Coons, got 57% of the vote and you think it was her campaign that hurt her? I understand your desire to mount an attack on her and not her ideas. That makes sense to me. But, go ahead, tell me you really thought she was going to win until one ad, or interview, or whatever occurred.

But now, back to the topic. Do you think the IRS did something improper which could have affected the campaign to her detriment?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I am not one to really agree with her (yours too, but that isn't the point) take on things (or even politics really), but as others have pointed out, there may be a baby in the bathwater you are tossing out.

There was apparently enough -- and maybe it is mere political pressure; or the fact that the her state has already been pretty mum on the situation -- to have at least the IG look into it.

Who knows if her claims are true, but play with me here for a bit: If you were running for office say under the Turkey Party and while the Chicken Party was in power, word let loose that some inappropriate and "misguided" persons were placing undue scrutiny upon your Turkey Party supporters; wouldn't you want it to be investigated? More so if supposed someone contacted you and said "your state accessed your tax records"?

Right/Left, Democrat, Republican; who cares...this behavior, even if just isolated cannot stand. A republic or even a "democracy" cannot withstand political suppression and you know it.

ETA: Wasn't meant to say 'yours'; it was meant regarding her politics. Sorry.
edit on 23-7-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Records of snooping into Christine O’Donnell tax records disappear

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Campaign aside I will ask you straight out: If the IG finds information that the State of Delaware disseminated personal tax information about her in the months running up to her election bid, do you find that okay because she would have failed anyway or is that disturbing regardless of what walk of life the candidate hails from?

To me, it would be disturbing. It is disturbing enough that we are having this conversation about our taxiing arm of the Government playing politics; may it be directed from above or just isolated. But I suppose as long as it happens to the other guy, many here are okay with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Really, this had nothing to do with the IRS. No one from the left really cared about her dealings with the IRS. What they did care about was the fact that she herself came out on national TV years prior to the election and stated publicly that she "dabbled into witchcraft".

Not that she was a woman, not the IRS, that she is bat [snip] crazy and decided to put that crazy out there for all to see.

And then to make matters worse, she put up an ad on television so easy to parody it's one of the top most spoofed commercials in history.

She sank her campaign herself. There were plenty of TEA Party candidates that actually won their elections so the idea that because she was TEA Party means nothing, and women have continuously won more and more seats in our legislative branch. So her being a woman isn't the reason either.

It's cause she's completely insane. That's the reason. The only reason.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the IRS !!

Everything !!

Now it seems the records of 'access' from Delaware have mysteriously 'disappeared' !!

How convenient !!

Delaware state officials have told Congress that they likely destroyed the computer records that would show when and how often they accessed Christine O'Donnell’s personal tax records and acknowledged that a newspaper article was used as the sole justification for snooping into the former GOP Senate candidate’s tax history.

The revelations to Sen. Chuck Grassley’s office came Tuesday as the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration, the government’s chief watchdog for the Internal Revenue Service, formally reopened its investigation into the matter by re-interviewing Ms. O'Donnell.
Records of snooping into Christine O’Donnell tax records disappear

They are dragging leather to cover their rabbit pellets

The ultra Liberals are desperate yet again !!

Raving jealousy strikes again.

I see London, I see France.

She's NOT insane

She is a victim of Left Wing dementia and ultra Liberal frost-bitten rage.

edit on Jul-24-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Campaign aside I will ask you straight out: If the IG finds information that the State of Delaware disseminated personal tax information about her in the months running up to her election bid, do you find that okay because she would have failed anyway or is that disturbing regardless of what walk of life the candidate hails from?

Not the point. She is blaming others for her own failure. (where's the self reliance and personal responsibility?)

Her tax issues cropped up a bit during the campaign. But it was quickly washed aside by the sheer volume of her own idiocy she herself put on display.

Instead of owning up to her past, taking personal responsibility for her miserable failure as a candidate, she jumped on the conservative "the IRS is a meanie" bandwagon and trying to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

If the IG investigation turns up improprieties in whoever leaked her personal tax information, those people SHOULD be held accountable for their actions. It would have not made ANY difference in the outcome of the election as she sabotaged that campaign herself.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Not the point. She is blaming others for her own failure. (where's the self reliance and personal responsibility?)

Her tax issues cropped up a bit during the campaign. But it was quickly washed aside by the sheer volume of her own idiocy she herself put on display.

Given the revelation of the possible impropriety nature of both the State of Delaware and the IRS; wouldn't you agree that there could be a connection? I mean, a YouTube video is enough for people to think the planes are not real; Bigfoot is alive; and there is a massive object near the South Pole waiting to destroy us -- yet this is a stretch?

I am not making excuses here; she has a possible point that you seem all too willing to quash before it is even investigated. Why is that?!

If the IG investigation turns up improprieties in whoever leaked her personal tax information, those people SHOULD be held accountable for their actions. It would have not made ANY difference in the outcome of the election as she sabotaged that campaign herself.

I can care less about the outcome of her election bid. The very fact that the IRS or even a state worker delved into this should be action by all sides of political spectrum. As it is now; it is straw-mans and red-herrings by the political group in power to every accusation presented by the purported victims; and lackeys on the Internet are willing to defend.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
you know what I notice the most in people. if you are logical and produce facts, those that can't defend resort to name calling or work off emotions Our powers to be do this in a divide and conquer way

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I am not making excuses here; she has a possible point that you seem all too willing to quash before it is even investigated. Why is that?!

Well for one the length of time that has elapsed to make an issue of it. Why not make a massive stink about it during the campaign? Why not go to every talk show on TV and every newspaper screaming bloody murder. But no, she didn't. But NOW, now that the IRS is hit with this "scandal"
NOW she says something about it.

And two, the election is already over and she lost by a wide margin. If the IRS thing didn't happen to her (or didn't, it's probably all make believe anyway, like many things the political right has accusing the left of lately.)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well for one the length of time that has elapsed to make an issue of it. Why not make a massive stink about it during the campaign? Why not go to every talk show on TV and every newspaper screaming bloody murder. But no, she didn't. But NOW, now that the IRS is hit with this "scandal"
NOW she says something about it.

Possibly because of the more recent revelations to the nation and to her that there was a possible breech? I would suffice that as being the reason why the length of time. Her campaign was doomed from the start but that doesn't excuse the IRS (or friendly state workers) from snooping now does it?!

And two, the election is already over and she lost by a wide margin. If the IRS thing didn't happen to her (or didn't, it's probably all make believe anyway, like many things the political right has accusing the left of lately.)

What is make believe? It has been confirmed all the way to the Chief Council of the IRS that "certain" groups would receive additional scrutiny. Those "certain" groups are heavily "right" winged and right before an election? Maybe it is a grand right wing conspiracy again, who know, but it is well worth the investigation to met it out don't you think?

Her points aside and she is probably trying to gain a bit of nationwide publicity, if the investigation takes a turn and finds out that the State happened upon her tax records and were leaked to produce the story (regardless if she was acting improperly), it is a breech in trust.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join