It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vikings Possibly Carried Native Americans to Europe 1000 years ago ( Women of course)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think when Columbus, stopped in at the Azores, he found three Ameridinian looking men already there, which is interesting as, the sailing time to the Americas from the Azores was thirty days, the canary current took you to the New World and the Gulf stream took you back If you were lucky .How they got there is a mystery. But In the Darian gap there were blond haired blue eyed natives, they were reported by a Spanish raiding party, to have been mistaken for fellow sailors. In the nineteen thirties a child was displayed in New York that looked like any other European child. Apparently the Tribe was a lot larger but were killed by the Aztecs as sacrifices. Even the Aztecs said they had learnt a lot from them. I would imagine, after the war they hid out in the Darian gap. Recently its been found that the Azores have ancient ruins on them, and the Canary Islands, were probably the starting point for these people. In early Spanish paintings they are shown as large fair haired people.
When you leave the official history books, there is a lot of interesting anacdotes , which suggest someone who liked to build pyramids and worked stone, made it to America in the dim past. Ancient European boats were sewn together like the Polynesian ones, and like theirs must have been able to go anywhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by dreamingawake

If you were a Viking, and knew of a place where you could trade a boat load of skins and whatever else, for manufactured stuff that cost a fraction of what you'd get for the traded goods , and the fact that one trip would set you up for life, and make your family rich and powerfull, you might tell of the place in a tale like the sagas. But those that could do the navigation would have kept quiet about it. Breton fishermen fished the Grand Banks, dried the fish and then sold it in Europe. Britonny was settled by the norse,
I would suggest that America was known from Roman times, and even pheraps Phonecian but you had to have a reason to go there, like population pressure or trade. Since Alaska was sold by the Russians, it could be reasoned that they knew about the place as well. Since the "Ruse" were a tribe of Red haired Vikings. They could have easily found the place from the back door so to speak.. Bar talk in ancient Rome talks of land far to the north and west, where the people are short and have no necks. Sounds like the inuit people to me. Very interesting subject.! Considering that Papal records show Lief Ericksons daughter was born in "Vinland the good" and so recorded by the Church, It makes you wonder if after the destruction of the Knights Templar, there fleet having just disappeared into thin air, might have tried to make the trip. Anyway when in doubt ask the Indians they probably know.

Except for the fact that travel as a Viking was pretty much at the behest of the head of your village or area. If you couldn't convince them to allow you to sale, then you pretty much didn't go.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That's true, but if the next village suddenly came back with heaps of gold and slaves, then it wouldn't take much to give the village elder the motivation. I'd suggest when Christianity got established it was easy pickings for the Norse. They virtualy wrote there own ticket.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Not a lot adds up, until one thinks the unthinkable, like we in our arrogance think that we discovered America, but with Cocaine and Nicotine being found in Egyptian mummies, and even mainstream archaeology agrees that Cro magnon came from the west. Plus the fact that Irish Basque and Welsh Genes show DNA that seems to be American, with the hint that when Carthage fell, they took there knowledge to the grave. We might be looking at a totally different scenario. users.on.net...

edit on 25-7-2013 by anonentity because: i forgot the 2 dots after http

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: forgot wobbly line

top topics

<< 1   >>

join