It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeane Dixon ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Does any one remember a prediction Jeane Dixon gave about 1954 that all the male baby's were going to be killed?
Trying to locate it please respond if you have any info.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
Does any one remember a prediction Jeane Dixon gave about 1954 that all the male baby's were going to be killed?
Trying to locate it please respond if you have any info.

Why in the world would they all be killed ?? And by whom? Ive never heard such a thing. Besides the story in the Bible...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Apparently she predicted that the second child of Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau and his young wife Margaret would be a girl (it was a boy), and that the Russians would be the first to put men on the moon...

But no mention anywhere the about the killing of all male babies........

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-7-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Almost sounds like something Herbert W. Armstrong would say.

NONE of his prophecies ever came to pass and yet people today are STILL gullible enough to support them.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Some of Jeane Dixon's did.

She tried to warn J F Kennedy that he was going to be assassinated if I remember correctly.

Dixon reportedly predicted the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In the May 13, 1956, issue of Parade Magazine she wrote that the 1960 presidential election would be "dominated by labor and won by a Democrat" who would then go on to "[B]e assassinated or die in office though not necessarily in his first term." She later admitted, “During the 1960 election, I saw Richard Nixon as the winner”,[11] and at the time made unequivocal predictions that JFK would fail to win the election.[12] In the 1956 pronouncement, she merely stated that a President would "be assassinated or die in office", not necessarily that one would be assassinated. By emphasizing a few coincidentally correct predictions and ignoring those that were wrong, she acquired both fame and notoriety. The ability to persuade the public in this matter is known as the 'Jeane Dixon effect'.

Jeane Dixon-Wiki

Never heard about a prediction of all male children dying though.

The wiki thing is highly skeptical of her, but then, that goes for all psychics, skeptics abound...lol
edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

She tried to warn J F Kennedy that he was going to be assassinated if I remember correctly.

The wiki thing is highly skeptical of her, but then, that goes for all psychics, skeptics abound...lol

There is a good reason for all that skepticism.

For example, below are some of her other "predictions":

- there would be a cure for cancer in 1967

- peace on earth by the year 2000

- Richard Nixon would serve his country well

- the Soviets would beat the U.S. to the moon

- World War III would begin in 1958

According to The Skeptic's Dictionary she was never correct in ANY prediction of any consequence.

When someone makes as many predictions as Dixon did, you are bound to be correct some of the time.

"Jeane Dixon was an astrologer and alleged psychic who did not predict the assassination of President Kennedy." www.skepdic.com...

Of course, these Nostradamus-like hits (they wrote without a trace of irony) came among literally hundreds that were wholly false, such as predicting the Soviet Union would be first to land on the moon.

But here's the real problem--in 1960, she forecast that Kennedy would not win the coming election. Yes, that's right. Although she is credited with predicting his assassination because of her 1956 statement, her 1960 one is routinely ignored by those who perpetuate this myth. And unlike her previous one, it couldn't be more specific: She predicted clearly that "John F. Kennedy would fail to win the presidency."

Well, if he wasn't going to win, how could she have predicted that he would be assassinated in office?

The answer: She didn't. Instead she made a lot of vague predictions, some of which contradicted each other, and then relied on people to only remember those which could somehow be worked into a claimed "hit" with 20/20 hindsight while forgetting the far-more-numerous misses. This same technique is used all over the globe today. And people still fall for it. P.T. Barnum would be proud.

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You get a star for that!

That is the problem with making global predictions, to many things can and do change.
One of the residents in my building worked with Jeane Dixon, or so he says, and he swears she was a fraud. But personally, I hold no opinion other than her predictions speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I was checking in ATS community to find anything about Jeane Dixon, and well honestly after reading the comments in this thread I became astonished of how lack of certainty and misinforming is what is posted here, it is clearly a biased approach to a person that has been acknowledged by many as a truly seer.

Many of the comments posted here are half truths or definitively distorted versions of what she really said.

- She Predicted clearly in May 1956, Parade Magazine, that the President elected in 1960 would be Democratic, young and also that his presidency was going to be extremely labored, a difficult one, and of course that he was going to die in office.

- Mrs Dixon didn't say that JFK was not going to win the election of 1960, to the contrary, what she meant with comments to the press after that election is that he was not going to end successfully his Presidency.

- After the election of 1960, she commented to journalists that she frankly foresaw Nixon being elected President, her comment was after the result, and referred not to what it was already a fact but to future events ,she clearly was the first to predict that Nixon was also going to be President of the country.

Before Richard Nixon no Vicepresident in office ever had been elected President and none former and defeated nominee ever became elected President, what makes her prediction remarkable, against all the odds.

Perhaps many skeptical want to see on this comment something doubtful around her but the fact is that Richard Nixon never forgot her prediction.

- She predicted successfully that Russia was going to launch the Sputnik, and soon after in 1958 that they were going to be the first to reach the moon, and in that context she was quite right, since the Luna spacecrafts of the USSR were the first ones to orbit around, to take pictures of the hidden side and to land on the moon, they were not manned ones of course , just robotic telecontrolled ones, but she never said that the artifacts were going to be carrying actual people.

The Presidential election of 1960 was not the only correctly predicted one along her career:

- Dixon predicted the defeat of Winston Churchill in the elections of 1944 in England , as well as the Independence of India and the assassination of M. Gandhi,and also the death of the UN General secretary D. Hammarskoljd in the 1960s.

She also predicted correctly the victory of Harry Truman over Dewey in 1948 election, the coup d'état against Malenkov in the USSR in the 1950s, and the arise and fall of Nikita Khrushchev, as well as the election of President Dwight Eisenhower.

It is true that there was no WWIII in 1958, in the sea of China, but in between that year and 1960 a huge international crisis emerged for the control of Quemoy and Matsu islands in between Taiwan and Beijing that challenge the world peace and was only stopped thanks to an exhaustive diplomatic action of the United Nations in moments of great tension in between USA, USSR and The Peoples Republic of China.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Only during the Soviet missiles in Cuba crisis of 1962 the world was so close to a generalized conflict in between the superpowers as it was in the Straight of Taiwan crisis of 1958-59

- In 1973 , as a personal adviser of Nixon, she predicted that America was going to suffer at future a wave of Islamic terrorism in its territory, and that prediction made her the first seer in to see the events that drove to the Sept 11th 2001 attack plus all what we ha seen since then.

I hope these comments contribute to enrich this thread and give it more objectivity and impartiality, since it is very easy to talk behind the back of somebody already dead to discredit her legacy.

www.alamongordo.com...

Of course she sometimes failed to see clearly an event or to date it correctly in the line time, but her score of achievements as a seer is so high that there is even who has tried to claim that she was collecting privileged information from the FBI, something that is ridicule since many of the events she predicted were absolutely out of the scope of the possibilities of forecast of that agency.

Her successful predictions had a common denominator, they represented a lot of improbable issues coinciding against all the odds, one example is her 1956 prediction of a Young Democratic President elected in 1960 and that was going to die in office, or the ulterior election of Nixon in 1968.

nostradamuspredictions.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 8/13/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I find this stuff fascinating, I remember before the internet looking for the enquirer or star magazine for the yearly predictions edition. I think deep down everyone wants to know what might be in the cards. I found a new source and here is a vision that was posted in July, tell me if it holds any relevance to recent occurrences...

I had a visual of an explosion, fire.
China.. 18.. such a horrible tragic event.. terror.. around 650.. a massive situation. Vehicles destroyed.. one of the absolute worse. (It was implied to be a terror attack but oddly they presented it as a fire?)

and another from the same day

‘C’ will pass.. even though he was a world leader its his philanthropy that he left a true mark. He left the world better than what it was.

These visions were posted almost a month ago. If anyone wants the source, I will post if the site is one that is allowed.

new topics

top topics

join