It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Corners investigation finds dangerous dioxins in widely used herbicide 24D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Four Corners investigation finds dangerous dioxins in widely used herbicide 24D

www.abc.net.au

An urgent review is underway after a Four Corners investigation found elevated levels of dangerous dioxins in a generic version of 24D, one of Australia's most widely used herbicides.

Dioxins are one of the most deadly chemical compounds in the world, but Australian authorities do not routinely test for them.

One scientist said the product tested by Four Corners, which was imported from China, had one of the highest dioxin readings for 24D in the last 10 to 20 years, and could pose potential health risks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.quee nslandcountrylife.com.au
www.smh.com.au
www.abc.net.au

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The product tested was manufactured and imported from China.

source

The product, marketed as Aminoz 625, is imported from China by Melbourne company Sanonda.

This is worrying considering other recent reports of tainted products coming from China.

I was surprised to read that these products aren't routinely inspected by regulators in Australia, and wonder if the regulators in the US (EPA) are as lax, I am pretty sure that the EPA has imposed strong enough regulations to seriously impede any US based company from producing this chemical for agricultural use, but are they as focused on making sure the imported herbicides are as labelled, and safe for use?

More of a "heads UP" for the members since I didn't see this posted, and know many are concerned about possible exposure to dangerous toxins.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I should think one look at China's pollution problems would be a giveaway

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
no surprise there
If it says made in china ..
I move on
they have no morals or standards for health

but Monsanto has been leading the way for public poisoning for years

edit on 22-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
For those not familare with 4 Corners its an invegative jouranlistic program thats actualy very good.

The usual things you might expect those responsibile to say were said. The authorities clearly dont give a stuff and have propably known for quite awhile anyway. They bearly made the right noises, I got the impression for those responsbile for it happening and those responsbile for preventing it take the view that its only rubbish people who are damaged anyway, so what? I assume once it blows over they will go back to their usual routine.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Comforting News

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If made right 24D should not have dioxins in it. the problem is its expensive to make it that way.

This is what got Monsanto in trouble. they made test batches for the military the expensive way(low-temperature-process) and once the government approved it for use in Vietnam they started to cut cost and found a cheap way(high-temperature process) to make large amounts of agent orange.
This large production high temperature process had dioxins in it as a byproduct.
The high temperature was caused by not cooling the product heat generated during the chlorinating part of the process
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No real surprises there to be honest. After all, they have also found red brick dust in medicines and formaldehyde in baby milk formula.

The real conspiracy is that the so called western companies continue to import this cr@p and tell us not to worry, everything is fine.

new topics

top topics

join