It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Protestors Block Highway in Houston and Assault Woman en Route to Hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Most people did not know of a protest.

I live in the area and did not even hear about it until almost a week later. Some people who where there did slam open doors against people and run over feet.

If anybody tried to reach inside my car, I would have likely emptied the clip as they tried to mob me. Then I would have stepped on the gas.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I kind a miss Rodney.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by seabag

I live in the area and did not even hear about it until almost a week later. Some people who where there did slam open doors against people and run over feet.

If anybody tried to reach inside my car, I would have likely emptied the clip as they tried to mob me. Then I would have stepped on the gas.

Bahaha what an ignorant comment. Empty an entire clip eh, please go back to playing grand theft auto.

The mob was illegal period. Should have all been arrested, I would not recommend shooting into a crowd of people like some of you seem to be inferring.

People need to relax before this all blows up. Some of these comments are very inflammatory.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
lol somehow THIS is racially driven but the main scenario wasn't.

The mind set of people... never fails to amaze me.

Yes ... the mind set of those who keep insisting that Zimmerman shot Martin because he was black really is amazing. The Martin birth parents both said it wasn't racial. Martins step mother said it wasn't racial. The FBI investigated and said it wasn't racial. Zimmerman himself dated a black woman in high school and went to the prom with her and he also tutored black children for free. No matter how much the race baiters want to make the shooting 'racist' ... it simply wasn't. But of course those facts mean nothing to those idiots who want to go out and cause trouble no matter what ...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

That is an unfortunate incident but what did they expect driving through a racially charged protest? Did they not hear about all of the “cracka’s” that were going to pay for what the Hispanic GZ did? You wouldn’t find me there! I'm a super white cracka!

I agree with some posters here….she should have run them over. I would have...without hesitation!

edit on 22-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Dude, if you had done that you would be the next Zimmerman.

I can see the headline now:

"White man runs over innocent black man at peaceful protest."

I am in awe of propaganda.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Although if she was getting pulled out of the car, assaulted and stepped on the gas and ran over some black people, I can see the media frenzy now. "Crazy white person on their way to a KKK rally recklessly runs over peaceful black protesters"

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I live in the area and did not even hear about it until almost a week later.
That’s true. I live in in North Texas and I hadn't heard about it. Regardless, these people did nothing to deserve what happened to them. However, I would expect a little more situational awareness. Maybe that’s just me!

Some people who where there did slam open doors against people and run over feet.

I hear you, brother. I share your resentment for that type of mob mentality. If you and your buddies are dumb enough to assault me while I’m driving my big dually down the street minding my own business then you deserve to get run over IMO. I don’t play the victim role very well. Zimmerman doesn’t either!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

People need to relax before this all blows up. Some of these comments are very inflammatory.

I’ve heard a lot of inflammatory talk lately, too; I’ve heard some from the POTUS, from Sharpton, from Jackson, from the MSM, from a million angry black people online, etc.

When the POTUS basically calls the man a murderer and supports a DOJ investigation, that is pretty inflammatory IMO! It should piss everyone off because this guy was acquitted! Time to move on, folks!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Simple solution... Step on the gas! Watch how fast these protesters get out of the way!

Yeah, didn't their parents teach them that crossing highway is dangerous

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I will agree with your opinion.

Hate breeds hate

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wow, something that I did not know that happened, until I logged on here today to see this.

The problem with alot of these protests that are getting more and more violent as time goes by. People fail to see that the moment that the first act of violence happens, that side loses all credibility in the eyes of the public. There are probably those who were on the fence, and yet these kinds of scenes, tend to push them into the other camp, where they are against the protestors.

But there is one other aspect that not many tend to think about and it is bound to happen. One of these days, the protestors are going to commit an act of violence against say a mother or frighten a person where they pull a weapon and someone gets shot or killed, all cause they could not keep it peaceful and failed to realize that their very presence in such a large numbers is terrifying.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

damn. I blame the same people you do OP. Jessie jackson, al sharpton, our president, ect....and every liberal white guilt apologist and ultra race sensative minority.....

all are opportunists and self indulging fools that put us at all at risk for their personal gain.

I just found out yesterday that a new law was passed here in NYC where the cops can't describe a suspect or person they are looking for beyond his clothing and height.

so if you wear green on st Patrick's day and rape and murder someone off camera they wont look for you. why? because you now have the right to sue for every instance of questioning if you are proven to be innocent.

so no cops are going to risk even approaching a suspect unless they are 100% sure its the guy they are looking for.

they can't even use more descriptions for missing children. they can't say white or black or male or female when looking for a missing kid so as to not offend anyone. they can't even say mentally handicapped....nothing....

I expect NY to go to hell soon enough as soon as criminals begin wearing the same thing.....

this is why progressives are just not that popular lately. they are dangerous to the general public when they are given an inch they make a mile out of.

one tragic shooting and all of a sudden the whole country has to suffer.

and Zimmerman was a minority....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It's odd isn't it? The "In your face" "in your business" and "in your life" style of protesting IS picking up in popularity and for what reason?? It's never worked and it never will accomplish anything. As you note a bit there, it does little but drive a WEDGE between the protesters and the public they NEED the support, not disgust of.

I've never understood this. A fair % of the public sympathizes with most causes that drive people to passions this far. At least some % does, as a reasonable statement. Even THAT segment turns against a protest when the protest becomes predatory and starts MAKING new victims instead of standing to represent one.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's odd isn't it? The "In your face" "in your business" and "in your life" style of protesting IS picking up in popularity and for what reason?? It's never worked and it never will accomplish anything. As you note a bit there, it does little but drive a WEDGE between the protesters and the public they NEED the support, not disgust of.

It has worked before!

OJ is a free man!

I’ve said before, TPTB are stoking racial tensions for their own gain and they WANT violence. They wanted it from the Tea Party, they wanted it from OWS and they want it now. They want to use the violence to divide us and create a smoke screen while they grab more power. What ticks me off is that some people blindly fall for this crap. Those who do get no sympathy from me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lucky it wasn't a grandma that would go Zimmerman on them and keep moving

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When did OJ get any protesting done that made any difference to his case, either way? OJ got the luck any of us only DREAM of by getting such a hopeless screw up and incompetent fool for a prosecutor, Howdy Doody could have defended that case with a 50/50 chance of a free walk. Vincent Bugliosi (Prosecutor of Charles Mansion) did a Scathing Review of the OJ case and all but crucified Marsha Clark (rightfully so) for her outright and unbelievable incompetance and lack of professional ethics. She should have bought herself a hearing before the Bar after that case and her conduct in it. ..but I digress.

I just mean the protesting. When was the last time aggressive and 'in your face' protesting actually accomplished any end result being sought by those who were protesting? I can't generally recall one. The King Riots brought a second trial and Federal conviction of the cops, of course, but I wouldn't call a week of all out rioting to be a protest, either.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This could had been Obama's grand momma ...

Where is the white version of Al Sharpton when you need him? Oh, that is right, he would be considered a racist ...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This was all started in DC...

They really must think we are stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Since im not able to make threads yet, ill put this here and someone else can make a thread about it if you want.
I personally dont think any good can come out of these "dueling" protests, its just gonna cause more discontent on both sides.

HOUSTON — Dueling marches here Sunday in support of and in opposition to the verdict in the George Zimmerman case led to a massive police deployment, heated face-offs but no violence, police said. For many, the protests showed that although the controversial court case may be over, the debates it sparked concerning racial profiling and “stand your ground” self-defense laws have only grown, leading to demonstrations this weekend in more than 100 cities in support of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman, 29, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was acquitted this month by a Florida jury in the fatal shooting of Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. A Justice Department inquiry into the case is still underway.

link

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When did OJ get any protesting done that made any difference to his case, either way? OJ got the luck any of us only DREAM of by getting such a hopeless screw up and incompetent fool for a prosecutor, Howdy Doody could have defended that case with a 50/50 chance of a free walk. Vincent Bugliosi (Prosecutor of Charles Mansion) did a Scathing Review of the OJ case and all but crucified Marsha Clark (rightfully so) for her outright and unbelievable incompetance and lack of professional ethics. She should have bought herself a hearing before the Bar after that case and her conduct in it. ..but I digress.

You’re right, the prosecution sucked. However, the fear of riots definitely weighed on the jury. Everyone knew it was going to get ugly if he was convicted, including the POTUS!

Before the verdict, President Bill Clinton was briefed on security measures if rioting occurred nationwide due to the verdict. An estimated 100 million people worldwide stopped what they were doing to watch or listen to the verdict announcement. Long-distance telephone call volume declined by 58% and trading volume on the New York Stock Exchange by 41%, water usage decreased as people avoided using bathrooms, and government officials postponed meetings. So much work stopped that the verdict cost an estimated $480 million in lost productivity.
en.wikipedia.org...

The 92 race riots were over a criminal verdict as well, simply because blacks didn’t like the outcome.

1992 Los Angeles Civil Unrest, were a race riot and the subsequent lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles, California in 1992 following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding a videotaped, and widely covered police brutality incident. They were the largest riots seen in the United States since the 1960s and the worst in terms of death toll after the New York City draft riots in 1863.
en.wikipedia.org...

I just mean the protesting. When was the last time aggressive and 'in your face' protesting actually accomplished any end result being sought by those who were protesting? I can't generally recall one. The King Riots brought a second trial and Federal conviction of the cops, of course, but I wouldn't call a week of all out rioting to be a protest, either.
You call these recent gathers protests as if they aren’t violent. They certainly aren’t on the scale of “rioting” but there has been race-based violence associated with the Trayvon case.When black people protest over a racially charged criminal case there is ALWAYS going to be a fear (justified fear) that riots will break out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join